Moore County-Forrest

gobraves101035

Congrats to Moore County for the win. Their girls did play some good defense......but the referees absolutely stunk up the place last night as well. Hate to see Forrest lose like that. At one point the fouls were Forrest 10 MC 2? Worst crew that has been part of this tournament yet. Good game to watch though.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta agree...Rachel Garland played great...it just wasn't Forrest's night. Hopefully, they will get to play again a few more times. The refs were just plain terrible. Since when do refs stop play for an injury...haven't seen that happen all year...and at such a pivotal time..maybe they need to add a few more refs to the game so they don't have to run so much! Maybe that would help! ;) Go Lady Rockets!

Congrats to Moore County for the win. Their girls did play some good defense......but the referees absolutely stunk up the place last night as well. Hate to see Forrest lose like that. At one point the fouls were Forrest 10 MC 2? Worst crew that has been part of this tournament yet. Good game to watch though.

Gotta agree...Rachel Garland played great...it just wasn't Forrest's night. Hopefully, they will get to play again a few more times. The refs were just plain terrible. Since when do refs stop play for an injury...haven't seen that happen all year...and at such a pivotal time..maybe they need to add a few more refs to the game so they don't have to run so much! Maybe that would help! ;) Go Lady Rockets!

Great Game in spite of the referees! If you looked at the fouls in the first half you could see that it was lopsided in the other direction. Fact is both teams are physical and both were fouling at some point. It just was not officiated consistently. Both teams played with a lot of heart. If I had to choose between this crew and the ones that never let the game flow, I'd choose this one. There is always the potential that these teams will meet again. It was an exciting game. Forrest is a formidable opponent.

No doubt I have seen players bleeding on the court and play continues until either bench calls a timeout. This referee called a refs timeout when both teams had their hands on the ball then gives posession to MC. I do like the fact that those refs could actually run and keep up with the game though.

That was not the right thing. The night before an Eagleville boys player got clothes-lined and was laying on the court struggling to breathe and play continued. I could go on and on....refs just need to get on the same page and call consistently. The only ref that has been good this year is the small, dark haired one who always wears a pony tail. She is really good calling games.

The refs did the right thing. They were terrible though for the rest of the game.

My point is that the refs need to use common sense and there was no reason not to stop play. I guess one could fake an injury but if nothing is happening why not stop the play to help a hurting player. If they are in no danger then let them lay there until their team gets the ball back. I guess their coach should practice playing 5 on 4 to prepare for this situation.Really? COMMON SENSE!!!!

I have seen players lying in the middle of the lane endangering other players while the refs let play go on.

As far as the refs this year, not much difference than ever. The inconsistency of calling technicals on players has been the worst thing. Have gone to some districts and players are making faces and slinging their arms with nothing called yet in our district games they allow no emotions at all unless it is Davenport from Eagleville. I don't understand how he gets away with all his whining and crying. I'm sure there are others but that is one example of how inconsistent the refs are.