If State Tournament was Still Combined...

BravesFan

Anyone want to throw out some names? ...Best wrestlers at each weight, regardless of Divisions.

112 Tate Robinson (Christian Bros) and Jacob Stevens (Soddy Daisy) ???

125 Zach Watson - Baylor

130 Alex Manley and Campbell Lewis and Austin Woods -- tough to choose

maybe Lewis

135 - Marvin Lopez (Cleve)and Kaleb Baker (So., Christian Bros) a great match

140 Stuart Doster (Bay) Aaron Lopez Cleve Tyler Pitts (Bradley Central) what a war

Doster in real close matches

145 - Brennen Cox (Ind.), Josua Brown (HL) and Michael Hooker (McCallie)

152 - Brad Colbaugh Bradley Central

160 - T.J. Duncan - McCallie

189 - Cody Davis Pigeon Foge

215 - Tucker Bolton Bradley Central

b.b.b.

Very good point!

Most weights really are too close to call,,,but I think a couple are safe to say:

112- Tate Robinson is a beast.

125- Mr. Zack Watson

140- Doster

160- TJ Duncan

CC,,,sends

To be completely honest. I dont think I would say 160 is a safe one to say...he won a very close tough dec to Newberg this year at Cleveland, and it could go either way. The others I would be inclined to agree with you but even at 40 I would say its not a sure win.

I think a really good question would be:

If it WERE still combined.... would Duncan still be a 5x state champion?! (assuming he's going to win this year)

In the past 4 years, he would have had quite the competition to get those state titles!

8th grade year: Demetrius Johnson (Brighton, senior year) - In my opinion, one of the best D1 lightweight wrestlers to come through the state and is now a successful starter at UTC.... To beat the 4th year expereinced Demetrius as a young 8th grader would have been BEYOND an amazing feat!

Freshman year: David Mang (Bradley, senior year) - 4x state medalist. 3x state finalist. 2x state champ (one in AL). Got 3 tech falls in the state tournament this year (Including the finals!).... another extremely tough one that would be in the way of his a title!

Junior year: Chirs Aguilar (Bradley, Senior Year) - 2x state medalist (3rd and 1st)... I'm not sure if these guys got to wrestle this year, but I'm sure it would have been a good one. It could have very well went either way. Aguilar would have also given him a good fight for a state title!

To be completely honest. I dont think I would say 160 is a safe one to say...he won a very close tough dec to Newberg this year at Cleveland, and it could go either way. The others I would be inclined to agree with you but even at 40 I would say its not a sure win.

I think 112 and 125 are definitely the most safe. Bolton at 215 I think is pretty safe, while Mackey could catch him I think Bolton is the cream of the crop at that weight. Completely safe with Kennedy had he been healthy. Really ashamed he is injured. Doster vs Lopez would be awesome rematch and how fun would 130 be with Lewis, Woods and Manley all going at it! Oh we can only dream of a reality with a sane TSSAA instead of the insanity of today.

I think 112 and 125 are definitely the most safe. Bolton at 215 I think is pretty safe, while Mackey could catch him I think Bolton is the cream of the crop at that weight. Completely safe with Kennedy had he been healthy. Really ashamed he is injured. Doster vs Lopez would be awesome rematch and how fun would 130 be with Lewis, Woods and Manley all going at it! Oh we can only dream of a reality with a sane TSSAA instead of the insanity of today.

I'm not sure if your blaming TSSAA for the separate divisions. The D2 coaches would love it to be together. If everyone would accept the Duals as being the only "team" championship, then we could see who is the best "individual" in each weight in the entire state. Don't keep team scores in individuals. Come on D1 coaches, do it. They are the only voices (majority) that will be heard.