Hillsboro or Overton

cdm2003

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overton could be the most underrated team in the state, if Domminique's opinion is the dominant point of view.

I won't blame him for his statements. They are out of ignorance. Keep in mind that Overton held Hillsboro to 6 points last year, and that entire defense returned for the 2002 season.

Overton's special teams is one of the best around, and their offense is as high a scoring offense as Hillsboro's, even with the first string leaving after the first half of most of their games.

But let's put all this aside and look at the numbers:

TEAM vs. TEAM Comparison:

Overton 44, Shelbyville 0 -- Hillsboro 31, Shelbyville 14

Overton 38, Antioch 7 -- Hillsboro 43, Antioch 14

Overton 14, Dickson Co. 10 - who lost 9-7 to Hendersonville amd 10-7 to Riverdale

By the Numbers:

Points per Game - Hillsboro 34, Overton 33.7

Points allowed per Game - Hillsboro 6.8, Overton 8.5

Honestly, you can't pick a team. Statistically, Hillsboro edges out Overton by less than a point. But when you look at Overton's performance against teams that Hillsboro played, Overton has performed better (by margin of victory comparison).

But I doubt that either team has had the starting team on the field for the entirety of many of their games, so we can only make guesses. My guess is Overton, but that's just me.

Overton is not overlooking anyone. They are preparing for every team they play. The coaching staff over there has those boys ready to play every Friday night. There is no way that Spring Hill will be able to compete with Overton's speed.

Posted by Animal:

I pick Spring Hill to upset Overton... just cause Overton will be looking past them towards Hillsboro. But when Hillsboro and Overton play Hillsboro-3 Overton-2 :):):):D:):)

Guest OvertonFan

Lets start with Overton vs. Spring Hill this week. Overton will not be looking past Spring Hill. Any team that can hang with the Burros are going to be respected.

Now on the Hillsboro. One Burro fan is like most burro fans, they think that they are invincible until proven otherwise any all of the other teams are just steps along the way to the State Championship. They also state that Overton always loses a game that they shouldn't. Wasn't it the Burros who said they were going to beat Maryville last year and lost. Never say anything that you can't back up yourself my friend. The burro also stated that Overton has played anybody. I think that the folks down in Dickson Co. and Columbia might have something to say about that. Why don't you call Mr. Sparkman and ask him if Overton has played anybody. Now, Overton and Hillsboro both have played two of the same teams. In games against Shelbyville and Antioch, Overton scored 82 points while only giving up 7. Meanwhile, Hillsboro scored 74 points while giving up 28. Hmm.... To give some credit to Hillsboro, they have played the tougher schedule as far as win/loss records.

In conclusion, I look forward to seeing the best game of the season in the midstate, and possibly even the state. They are both extremely talented teams that match up very well. My prediction is that the game will be a defensive battle in the trenches with the special teams playing a huge role. Overton wins a close one, 17-14.