Wrestling

Guest SBGwrestling

Guest SBGwrestling

Just my 2 cents and I had to borrow them. To all the friends that we have ever made and the new ones we have yet to make. Thank you.

As we left the Ag center last night, I opened the door for my son to leave and the rush of emotion that over come him was something I had never seen before, he is not a very emotional young man but the pain in his face and the tears were more than I could handle. I said son, you did all you could do, the usuall parent comments to a hurting child. He said dad "I'm not upset about my match, but WE lost. I really didnt understand what he was saying at first but then it hit me. I worried about him the whole ride home as he stayed with his teammates one last night in Nashville. As me and my father were riding back to Chattanooga I was over come with a sadness that is hard for a 40 year old man to explain. My child has grown up with most of the young men competeing last night and over the weekend, Ive shared time and stories with most if not all of their parents over the years. As time passes on I will lose more and more of the people that i have come to know over the years, some I will never see again and if i do it will be in passing and the conversations will not be the same, This moment in time is gone and cannot be replaced but the memories that have been made will last a lifetime. The pain, the joy, the tears for both that have been shared between us all, is what makes it so personal, makes it worth every cent, and every minute that Ive ever spent on our sport. Wrestling, you gotta love it. To all my friends that had sons there for the last time, we will miss you so very much, and to the new ones we will meet in the future, Welcome to our wrestling home, WE ARE FAMILY.

The Henry's

Just my 2 cents and I had to borrow them. To all the friends that we have ever made and the new ones we have yet to make. Thank you.

As we left the Ag center last night, I opened the door for my son to leave and the rush of emotion that over come him was something I had never seen before, he is not a very emotional young man but the pain in his face and the tears were more than I could handle. I said son, you did all you could do, the usuall parent comments to a hurting child. He said dad "I'm not upset about my match, but WE lost. I really didnt understand what he was saying at first but then it hit me. I worried about him the whole ride home as he stayed with his teammates one last night in Nashville. As me and my father were riding back to Chattanooga I was over come with a sadness that is hard for a 40 year old man to explain. My child has grown up with most of the young men competeing last night and over the weekend, Ive shared time and stories with most if not all of their parents over the years. As time passes on I will lose more and more of the people that i have come to know over the years, some I will never see again and if i do it will be in passing and the conversations will not be the same, This moment in time is gone and cannot be replaced but the memories that have been made will last a lifetime. The pain, the joy, the tears for both that have been shared between us all, is what makes it so personal, makes it worth every cent, and every minute that Ive ever spent on our sport. Wrestling, you gotta love it. To all my friends that had sons there for the last time, we will miss you so very much, and to the new ones we will meet in the future, Welcome to our wrestling home, WE ARE FAMILY.

The Henry's

Amen buddy we will always be family.

Amen buddy we will always be family.

I do not know you personally, but I can relate. My son is a senior and was over come with same emotion. He walked off the mat for the last time and could not hold back the tears. As a parent I cried right alone with him. As they gave it there all one last time and walked away empty handed.... He was not as worried about that as he was knowing that was he last HS match... As parents you want to reach a grab them and hold them and at the same time they are MEN.... Good luck to you and your wrestler in COLLEGE.. There is nothing better then spending you saturday cheering your kids..

The Henry's

Good Lord my big ol friend, there you go again... Every time you make a post I have to get some hankies to dry my eyes and get all the snot running out of my nose. You big ol sissy, but I hear ya boy. Nice post, one thing that I will take away from this tournament is the dance that you and your papa were doing after the victory over a certain rassler.... Looked like a couple of 8 year olds after they had seen there 1st Playboy centerfold

bcb iii :flower:

Edited by bear cat brown

Good Lord my big ol friend, there you go again... Every time you make a post I have to get some hankies to dry my eyes and get all the snot running out of my nose. You big ol sissy, but I hear ya boy. Nice post, one thing that I will take away from this tournament is the dance that you and your papa were doing after the victory over a certain rassler.... Looked like a couple of 8 year olds after they had seen there 1st Playboy centerfold

Victory over what wrestler?

BCB, I wanted to speak to your son after the tournament, but I didn't get the chance. Please tell him that he is an impressive young man. I've watched him compete and win like a Champ many times, yet it is in defeat that he shows his character. I've watched him lose some very close, heartbreaking matches through his career, yet never waiver in his maturity and sportsmanship. Not only does he control his emotions, but he always offers a sincere congrats to his opponent complete with eye contact and even a quick embrace. I've tried to teach my wrestlers that Wrestling is only the tool that we try to use to help them learn life lessons and become good men. Jack has obviously learned many lessons along the way. I know you must be proud of the man he is becoming.

Steve Logsdon

Bradley Wrestling

BCB, I wanted to speak to your son after the tournament, but I didn't get the chance. Please tell him that he is an impressive young man. I've watched him compete and win like a Champ many times, yet it is in defeat that he shows his character. I've watched him lose some very close, heartbreaking matches through his career, yet never waiver in his maturity and sportsmanship. Not only does he control his emotions, but he always offers a sincere congrats to his opponent complete with eye contact and even a quick embrace. I've tried to teach my wrestlers that Wrestling is only the tool that we try to use to help them learn life lessons and become good men. Jack has obviously learned many lessons along the way. I know you must be proud of the man he is becoming.

Steve Logsdon

Bradley Wrestling

Amen, I was sad Jack lost but very proud of his behavior. I know he put his heart and soul into winning. I was very proud of him

Steve Logsdon

Bradley Wrestling

Hi boys and girls,

When I'm long gone and a faint memory from this board.... and someone old timer who doesn't have a life like Raider76, gets on here with a trivia ? about me, here's the answer.......Steve Logsdon.

Coach, thank you for your kind words about my (our..chattcity) boy.

I wish that you could have witnessed his double back flip with a half twist landing in a split, but alas the Boone curse once again crashed our party.

Coach, we are very proud of our boys and most of the rasslers who compete in our great sport. For you to notice and take the time to mention Jack, means more than you know, once again Thank You.

TexasPetey thank you also for dragging yourself away from the pull-up bar long enough to witness and say those nice words... I thought 45 was a pretty good number of pull-ups for a man your age.. good to see you too.

Raider76... Jack said it was funny how you did that same thing to him ( wad of money ) years ago. Have fun in Aruba..

My Soddy By God cheerleaders.......I had a blast.

Forgot to mention a young man that made my weekend complete..

Mr Jonah Kelly who was decked out in a wild body paint costume.. best I've seen in 6 years

Edited by bear cat brown