Region 3_A Tournament

global98

Really, do most people believe that CSAS recruits? Which kid or kids would be the questionable recruit? It's my understanding that CSAS has 7 seniors and all have been there 3+ years. I read in the paper that they have not lost a district game in over 6 years! That tells me that Coach Dragoo does a great job at teaching the game and that his teams are consistently prepared. I would think that the insuation that Coach Dragoo cheats absent any evidence to the contrary would be highly offensive to the program that he's established and the hard work that he and his staff put in. Good luck CSAS against Van Buran tuesday night. I'm looking forward to seeing some good basketball between two good teams!

Yes really, most people think CSAS recruits but they also say the same thing about SM, go check out the football threads. I was just trying to figure out what mcpoff found so offensive.

Now I will say it's funny that people stand in line for a very long time trying to get their kids into the school. Yet you say most of the 7 seniors have been there 3+ years. I figured most would have been there 6 years. I really don't care if CSAS recruits or not. But you better have thick skin on here. Please go check out some of the threads about SM football and you will see. Also check out some threads about Alcoa. Successful programs will always be accused of recruiting. Take it as a compliment.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yankaward2.gif

Recon I'z gets the award this time.

ththSmily-LMAO-Oops.gif

Everbody just cool yer jets. Troll's just havin' a little fun. Good programs attract the best and the brightest. And magnets just naturally attract. :roflol: CSAS certainly has one of the best basketball programs around, and I expect them to bring the Gold Ball back to Chattanooga.:thumb:

SM and South Pitt already taken care of the real man's sport, so somebody else gonna have to handle the pansy sports.:flower:

Still gonna cheer for my District 6 buddies Tuesday, but once the Patriots finish moppin' Signal Mountain's gym, I'll be cheerin' em on to the championship.

Edited by MountainTroll

CSAS is extremely well coached, when you mix this with tremendous athletes this is what you get. I personally do not believe that CSAS recruits because there is no valid evidence of it.

I also am really looking forward to these matchups on Tuesday. I don't think that Lookout Valley can take us 3 times in a row :D Van Buren vs CSAS should be an interesting game also especially since they both play extremely fast basketball. Might even be hard to keep your eye on the ball! :mrgreen:

Van Buren's record is a little deceiving. They have only beaten 3 or 4 teams with winning records (Signal, Lookout Valley, and Watertown). They have played NO ONE like CSAS. I hear Van Buren can shoot it, but I know thay have not seen defense like CSAS plays. I mean they did just lose to Lookout Valley and were only up 3 with 4 minutes left against Silverdale. CSAS was up like 25 to 2 after the first quarter against Silverdale in the District Tournament. However, I am definately worried because anything can happen.

Edited by patriot3

Van Buren's record is a little deceiving. They have only beaten 3 or 4 teams with winning records (Signal, Lookout Valley, and Watertown). They have played NO ONE like CSAS. I hear Van Buren can shoot it, but I know thay have not seen defense like CSAS plays. I mean they did just lose to Lookout Valley and were only up 3 with 4 minutes left against Silverdale. CSAS was up like 25 to 2 after the first quarter against Silverdale in the District Tournament. However, I am definately worried because anything can happen.

I been coaching a long time and made comments about CSAS and other schools,which I was dead wrong. I have got to know the coach I can tell you, he don't have to go after any players, the moms and dad work hard to keep there kids in a good school and work with there kids and send them to AAU and Camps instead of playing video games when they get home. Same goes for Grace and Temple and other kids that seems to do good on and off the court and fields. It is sad that someone with a Eight grader almost 7 ft tall will say things about people like this ,yes I know who you are, so please support the kids and know kids are going to come to Signal for football or South Pitt,.and there big brother that was so good is teaching the little brother and thats why most program stay strong. Not cause the R word. CSAS is not that great they just give all they got when they get on the hardwood and you can believe they go into a game knowing there are the better team whether they are or not and the body tells it all. the mind is a powerful energy.

Edited by winning1

What was so offensive? Was it that he said the school was by a sewage plant, which it is, or was it that he insinuated that you recruit, which most people believe?

I admit to being a little sensitive to people who denigrate others because of where they live or where their school is located. However, I have nothing to do with CSAS or Lookout Valley. I am just an interested fan who is put off by Mr. Look-at-My-Fancy-Diamond-Ring and his snooty pseudo-country jargon.

CSAS won by 22 but Lookout upended the Eagles of Signal Mtn!

Congrats to LV and CSAS. Good season boys!

CSAS by 8 over LV next. I'm no real B-Ball guy but CSAS just looks a little better to me.

Van Buren played a great season this year too.

We are just a little closer to FOOTBALL! :thumb:

Go Eagles!

Edited by realmenwearred