GreenFog

Here's my blind swing at the pinata:

Opening Round

(1) Friendship Christian wins over (4) Jackson County

(2) Gordonsville losses to (3) Clay County

(3) Red Boiling Springs losses to (2) Clarkrange

(4) Watertown losses to (1) Pickett County

Semifinals

(1) Friendship Christian wins over (2) Clarkrange (In a nail biter)

(1) Pickett County losses to (3) Clay County (Revenge is so sweet)

Championship

(1) Friendship Christian losses to (3) Clay County

Obviously, I'm just having fun and it probably won't go down like this. All 8 teams are capable of taking home the gold if they have 3 great games. There are many talented young men in this region, and I look forward to watching them square off. Good luck to everyone!

Well it looks like I've picked it right so far except that FCS vs. Clarkrange wasn't a nail biter at all. FCS is a very good basketball team that has a deep bench. Their first 6 or 7 players are all highly athletic young men that can both run and jump well. Clarkrange was simply "out classed" physically.

So here we go, Thursday night at Watertown #1 Friendship Christian squares off with #3 Clay County. I'm gonna stick with my previous pick of the Bulldogs coming out of H20 Town with the gold. They will definitely have to play well to pull off the upset though. Its gonna take a good team effort from the boys in black and gold. If they're not satisfied with simply making substate and stay hungry for a win like they have been in the first 2 rounds of this regional tournament I see them coming out on top.

Good luck to both teams. I look forward to Thursday night.

Well it looks like I've picked it right so far except that FCS vs. Clarkrange wasn't a nail biter at all. FCS is a very good basketball team that has a deep bench. Their first 6 or 7 players are all highly athletic young men that can both run and jump well. Clarkrange was simply "out classed" physically.

So here we go, Thursday night at Watertown #1 Friendship Christian squares off with #3 Clay County. I'm gonna stick with my previous pick of the Bulldogs coming out of H20 Town with the gold. They will definitely have to play well to pull off the upset though. Its gonna take a good team effort from the boys in black and gold. If they're not satisfied with simply making substate and stay hungry for a win like they have been in the first 2 rounds of this regional tournament I see them coming out on top.

Good luck to both teams. I look forward to Thursday night.

The first half tonight was the best I've seen Clay Co. play all year. Dusty Birdwell had a stellar 3rd quarter and Clay was just to much in the 4th quarter for PC to come back on. However, they are gonna have their hands full with the FCS Commanders. Clay Co. better be hungry or they'll be taking a long ride down to Chattanooga.

Congrats to Clay Co and FCS on their victories last night. This should be a great game to watch. It could go either way depending on who steps up. We have to contain Boles, I know we can't shut him down but we have to limit him to touches and make him shoot the LONG 3 and hope he don't get hot!. We have to continue to play the tight D man to man that has carried us all season. Good luck to both teams and I hope we both get past MONDAY and leave both Chattanooga teams at home. We have 2 teams playing that can do that if we both stay focused.

Clarkrange boys were tired at the end of the 3rd. Its hard to play only 6 players and not get tired from the full court man to man defense. Jones and the Henry brothers do a good job of controlling the press (along with #30) but just got tired. They are a good team and coached well just lack the depth needed down the stretch.

My prediction is FCS 61 Clay Co 56

Looks like our Region 3 opponents will be Chatt Arts & Science (26-4) and Lookout Valley (19-9).....Chatt A&S will be favored in this game, think they beat Lookout Valley by 20 last time. So it looks like this FCS/CC game will be very important with our loser probably going into a hostile environment at Chatt A&E.