Poll - DI Large/Small Split

StarRaider

DI Large/Small Split  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Should DI split into Large/Small Classifications?

• Yes (split into Large 24 man bracket and Small C 8 man bracket)
    • No (keep it all together with 32 man bracket)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

StarRaider,

It's not that black and white. If the small schools will only be allowed to qualify the region champs, most of us would vote NO. This is exactly how TSSAA has asked the same question and if everyone isn't very careful the small schools will be put in a situation that we wouldn't ever have knowingly agreed to.

StarRaider,

It's not that black and white. If the small schools will only be allowed to qualify the region champs, most of us would vote NO. This is exactly how TSSAA has asked the same question and if everyone isn't very careful the small schools will be put in a situation that we wouldn't ever have knowingly agreed to.

I agree RC. If this is the way the TSSAA presented it, its no wonder it passed. Only allowing the top 8 I believe is an attempt by them to make sure no one votes for the split.

StarRaider,

Good point rcpatriot... I edited it for the understanding that small schools have an 8 man bracket and large schools have a 24 man bracket.... how many will medal at the small schools? Even 2 is 25% of the qualifiers. Still 6 at the large schools?

I agree RC. If this is the way the TSSAA presented it, its no wonder it passed. Only allowing the top 8 I believe is an attempt by them to make sure no one votes for the split.

Well I wish I had waited to vote until you made the change. I would have voted otherwise. i do not agree with only the Region Champ from small schools and only the top 3 from large schools going to state.

The way it was presented to the coaches, TACA and TSSAA was A-AA have 4 sectionals ( like they did 5 years ago for the duals) and take top 3 in each weight class. AAA keep the same regions and take top 3. Rationale for the numbers : AAA schools have 67 % of total wrestlers in the State

A-AA Schools have 33% of total wrestlers in the State

AAA A-AA

24- Participants =67% 12 Participants= 33%

The way it was presented to the coaches, TACA and TSSAA was A-AA have 4 sectionals ( like they did 5 years ago for the duals) and take top 3 in each weight class. AAA keep the same regions and take top 3. Rationale for the numbers : AAA schools have 67 % of total wrestlers in the State

A-AA Schools have 33% of total wrestlers in the State

AAA A-AA

24- Participants =67% 12 Participants= 33%

So how exactly does this grow the sport if the same number qualify for state? How many medalists in each (4 in large and 2 in small??)?

The regions for chattanooga won't be determined by what is best for wrestling. The regions will be determined by what is best for football and the other sports will fall where ever they fall. The real problem with regions now is the fact that we have 6 divisions in football which spreads wrestling, volleyball, track, swimming and other minor sports way too thin.