9AAA District Final...wow

yort45

The sad part is that such a hard fought game between two good teams had to end like this!! And just like a certain individual mentioned on here earlier, the TSSAA will take a hard look at this and then punish the teams. However, the gutless officials will get off without even a slap on the wrist. It's always the coaches or kids fault, and never any fault of the officials. I'm sure they will get assigned another game tomorrow night and continue on as if nothing ever happened. At least if you are going to make such a terrible call, walk to the scorer's table and signal it!! Instead, the officials run out the door without even a conference or signal. If you are going to officiate the big games, then you also need to accept the pressure that comes along with it!

So once again i must state that i posted the same message several times because it was appropriate as a response. Reading is fundmental my friend! Now if you must know I was fortunate enough to have college paid for because of this beloved sport and having said that i am wondering how much you understand officiating. Because if you did you would know that there is one point in the game where logic must prevail and that is at the end of the game on buzzer beaters. Officials have the right to take as long as they need to make decision on buzzer beaters where they would typically congregate and discuss the call. Please read the TSSAA Rule book for officials I believe it is on page 62 Section 2 Rule #23 I believe. I can cofirm that for you if you would like! Kids get to be more emotional than adults once again that is this thing called "life"! As far as teaching the kids i would prefer to give mine this nugget "that a man/woman treats triumph and defeat the same and explain to him/her what that actually means! But just the like poem written by Rudyard Kipling I can’t help but ponder on the “IFâ€! What if three men held steadfast to their responsibility and did not waiver, what would have been the HONEST outcome! As someone who played the game I would also recommend not even mentioning the officials to your children I would recommend asking for the stat sheet and then count turnovers, missed free throws, shooting percentage, and deficit recovery! But what i will not do is let adults not hold other adults accountable for their mistakes. I am getting expensive with these lessons! hehehehehehehehe! As far as using the site I am not too concerned as long as you get my message. Sincerely, The Rookie Of The Year

I will also join in with "Eda" by saying welcome to Coacht. First thing is that it is very obvious you have no clue how this website works considering you posted the same message 5 times. Secondly, it is VERY obvious that you are a parent. And lastly, it is even more obvious that you have never officiated anything. Had you ever officiated any type of sport you would know that an official or officials never have a perfect game. They make mistakes and no one is overlooking that the call that was made was a mistake. However, as a parent you have to teach your son how to win and lose with character (regardless of the situation). The things that transpired after the game are much deeper than a high school basketball game. And as a parent for you to point the finger at others is not only disturbing but flat out irritating. Apparently we do need to spend more time talking about the players. And as for your Organized Cowards statement, I can agree with that without a problem.

FROM LIKETHESALT;

So once again i must state that i posted the same message several times because it was appropriate as a response. Reading is fundmental my friend! Now if you must know I was fortunate enough to have college paid for because of this beloved sport and having said that i am wondering how much you understand officiating. Because if you did you would know that there is one point in the game where logic must prevail and that is at the end of the game on buzzer beaters. Officials have the right to take as long as they need to make decision on buzzer beaters where they would typically congregate and discuss the call. Please read the TSSAA Rule book for officials I believe it is on page 62 Section 2 Rule #23 I believe. I can cofirm that for you if you would like! Kids get to be more emotional than adults once again that is this thing called "life"! As far as teaching the kids i would prefer to give mine this nugget "that a man/woman treats triumph and defeat the same and explain to him/her what that actually means! But just the like poem written by Rudyard Kipling I can’t help but ponder on the “IFâ€! What if three men held steadfast to their responsibility and did not waiver, what would have been the HONEST outcome! As someone who played the game I would also recommend not even mentioning the officials to your children I would recommend asking for the stat sheet and then count turnovers, missed free throws, shooting percentage, and deficit recovery! But what i will not do is let adults not hold other adults accountable for their mistakes. I am getting expensive with these lessons! hehehehehehehehe! As far as using the site I am not too concerned as long as you get my message. Sincerely, The Rookie Of The Year

The sad part is that such a hard fought game between two good teams had to end like this!! And just like a certain individual mentioned on here earlier, the TSSAA will take a hard look at this and then punish the teams. However, the gutless officials will get off without even a slap on the wrist. It's always the coaches or kids fault, and never any fault of the officials. I'm sure they will get assigned another game tomorrow night and continue on as if nothing ever happened. At least if you are going to make such a terrible call, walk to the scorer's table and signal it!! Instead, the officials run out the door without even a conference or signal. If you are going to officiate the big games, then you also need to accept the pressure that comes along with it!

I could not agree with you more my friend and that is all I am asking for. Let's call it what it is! I know officials blow calls all throughout the the game and a lot of them they cant reverse! But at the end of the game officials reserve the rights as a part of the RULES to get calls correct and these guys had no desire to do that! I really appreciate your perspective because to blame the kids and coaches on this is someone being typical and not scrutinizing that situation hard enough! But guess what whoever gets those guys this week will have one heck of a game called I am sure because I am sure there is some guilt involved!

Blown call is the truth. The weird part was the horn sounding off twice. The entire gym was hesitant for a split second thinking "is it over? aren't the refs going to wave it off?" And they didn't. Perhaps it was too loud in the gym. The refs hesitated when they could...should have made a move.

It was mentioned earlier that a WC player was taken away in handcuffs for hitting a policeman???. Can someone explain what happened? And clarify that this was Dee from WC? Also what will happen to this player for furure games? Thanks

I could not agree with you more my friend and that is all I am asking for. Let's call it what it is! I know officials blow calls all throughout the the game and a lot of them they cant reverse! But at the end of the game officials reserve the rights as a part of the RULES to get calls correct and these guys had no desire to do that! I really appreciate your perspective because to blame the kids and coaches on this is someone being typical and not scrutinizing that situation hard enough! But guess what whoever gets those guys this week will have one heck of a game called I am sure because I am sure there is some guilt involved!

GUILT?????? I would hope so. I was there and both teams got bad calls throughout the game but the least that the COWARDS, I mean Officals, could do was to go the scorers table and say whether the shot was counted or not. The TSSAA wants to punish coaches and players, and maybe they should, BUT those officals should have punishments also. One particular offical seems to have a vested interest as well. Go figure that one!...As for parents and players, I though WCHS parents seem to be contained. The SRO's from WCHS done greatjob along with their administration about keeping fans under control. As for Galatin, they had NO Administration helping, several SRO's, and one policeman (off duty and a vested interest) putting his hand on WCHS players and coaches, and HE WAS NOT ON DUTY! It was a GREAT game! Best I have seen. Kept you on your feet! Hats off to both teams for a hard battle! Good Luck to Both. As for TSSAA and their TERRIBLE OFFICALS: REGROUP! and if you punish teams and coaches, just rememeber, PUNISH YOURSELVES!!!!!!!

Edited by chris2634

GUILT?????? I would hope so. I was there and both teams got bad calls throughout the game but the least that the COWARDS, I mean Officals, could do was to go the scorers table and say whether the shot was counted or not. The TSSAA wants to punish coaches and players, and maybe they should, BUT those officals should have punishments also. One particular offical seems to have a vested interest as well. Go figure that one!...As for parents and players, I though WCHS parents seem to be contained. The SRO's from WCHS done greatjob along with their administration about keeping fans under control. As for Galatin, they had NO Administration helping, several SRO's, and one policeman (off duty and a vested interest) putting his hand on WCHS players and coaches, and HE WAS NOT ON DUTY! It was a GREAT game! Best I have seen. Kept you on your feet! Hats off to both teams for a hard battle! Good Luck to Both. As for TSSAA and their TERRIBLE OFFICALS: REGROUP! and if you punish teams and coaches, just rememeber, PUNISH YOURSELVES!!!!!!!

Also, I seen WCHS's freshman team play.......AMAZING!!!! They were undefeated this season. Looks like 9AAA basketball is going to be good for awhile.

I really appreciate you pointing that out as I was there as well and I will not allow these other people to make it about the kids. coaches, or the fans, because the central fans were impeccable in that situation and as a matter of fact no one left the stands unless prompted. But i agree with your post and quite frankly it is a shame that it came down to that. I am actually not too concerned with how the TSSAA will respond as I have sent them a letter to share my thoughts and perspective and i dont expect much out of them! You said it best I just hope they punish themselves!

It was mentioned earlier that a WC player was taken away in handcuffs for hitting a policeman???. Can someone explain what happened? And clarify that this was Dee from WC? Also what will happen to this player for furure games? Thanks

He wan't taken out in cuffs......and NO he didn't hit a policeman.....OMG!!!!!

I really appreciate you pointing that out as I was there as well and I will not allow these other people to make it about the kids. coaches, or the fans, because the central fans were impeccable in that situation and as a matter of fact no one left the stands unless prompted. But i agree with your post and quite frankly it is a shame that it came down to that. I am actually not too concerned with how the TSSAA will respond as I have sent them a letter to share my thoughts and perspective and i dont expect much out of them! You said it best I just hope they punish themselves!

If we are going to point at flaws I think I will point one out. The Dictionary defines "impeccable" as faultless; flawless; or irreproachable. I don't think the amount of profanity that was used by the WCHS fans/students qualifies you are "impeccable." If we are going to teach are children/students anything that should be that that type of language is never appropriate. And for sortsfan2222, he didn't hit an officer, he hit a hanging EXIT sign.

If we are going to point at flaws I think I will point one out. The Dictionary defines "impeccable" as faultless; flawless; or irreproachable. I don't think the amount of profanity that was used by the WCHS fans/students qualifies you are "impeccable." If we are going to teach are children/students anything that should be that that type of language is never appropriate. And for sortsfan2222, he didn't hit an officer, he hit a hanging EXIT sign.

Once again all you continue to discuss is what the kids did and how they responded and honestly you have really only been able to discuss the actions of one kid on the team. One player who overreacted but caused harm to no one but himself and I am sure he has been dealt with appropriately remember the story about one apple doesn't spoil the bunch you know the old wise tale right. Which by the way he is a great young man! This was also an isolated issue in the hallway. So the masses were impeccable. And please don't be so quick to put the actions of kids (fans that is not players) who were under no supervision on trial in this situation because if you do please be sure to place the educators/overseers of the facilty in Sumner County on that same docket my friend cause they were ill prepared and should be prosecuted equally in the court of public opinion. But to me all of that is niether here nor there the officals threw the first punch and you seem to be stuck on the second punch which as I stated earlier is quite typical and I just don't do nor teach my children typical! Maybe if you read 1 Corinthians 13:11 you would stop focusing on the kids and scrutinize the adults more in this situation mainly the ones who put everyone in the compromising situation and then the ones who were responsible for getting everyone out of that situation! Sincerely, I'm Just Saying