McMinn Central v Howard Region 3aa tourney schedule change

It totally makes sense to come in just one day instead of two. I've been following McMinn Central for most of the season and the girls team is on a roll. We here in West TN would like to know more about MC program. I know from the State Tourney last year that Jenna Adams is one of the main offensive weapons and can block shots and rebound. Who else do we need to look for in the McMinn Central Lineup. I know they are on a mission after letting a 19 point 3rd qtr. lead get away in last year's title game to Gibson Co.

I'm From Obion County and the Lady Rebels of Obion Central have been state ranked for most of the year and just won the 13AA District Championship over defending champion Gibson Co and we're just trying to get a little more info on teams from that side of the state. Thanks and best of luck to you folks. :thumb:

It totally makes sense to come in just one day instead of two. I've been following McMinn Central for most of the season and the girls team is on a roll. We here in West TN would like to know more about MC program. I know from the State Tourney last year that Jenna Adams is one of the main offensive weapons and can block shots and rebound. Who else do we need to look for in the McMinn Central Lineup. I know they are on a mission after letting a 19 point 3rd qtr. lead get away in last year's title game to Gibson Co.

I'm From Obion County and the Lady Rebels of Obion Central have been state ranked for most of the year and just won the 13AA District Championship over defending champion Gibson Co and we're just trying to get a little more info on teams from that side of the state. Thanks and best of luck to you folks. :thumb:

We're just a small town school chucking up jump shots. Nothing to see here. :D

• Upvote 2

Most of the girls that come through the system are products of a very good AAU program...McMinn Fire. They also have a great S.& C. program. Team chemistry along with the coaching staff, Coach Johnny Morgan, (2011 TSSAA Hall of Fame inductee) and Coach Joe Young, are two of the best in the business. Central teams are never one dimentional either, there are a number of girls that can score and if you don't play defense...you don't play!

Most of the girls that come through the system are products of a very good AAU program...McMinn Fire. They also have a great S.& C. program. Team chemistry along with the coaching staff, Coach Johnny Morgan, (2011 TSSAA Hall of Fame inductee) and Coach Joe Young, are two of the best in the business. Central teams are never one dimentional either, there are a number of girls that can score and if you don't play defense...you don't play!

Seems they are playing better too. First half has been slow, then blowing teams out. It will be interesting to see how it goes, district and region seem to be down- but there is no doubt they can play with anyone.

Johnny and Joe are great. Not so sure about the S&C program being great. :)

I wouldn't be surprised to see East Hamilton finish second. They had 1050 students at the start of the school year, probably even more now, so they're fortunate to still be in Class AA-and they still will be two more years even if they gain a few more hundred. After that they will likely be in the Class AAA district with Walker Valley, Bradley and Cleveland.

I wouldn't be surprised to see East Hamilton finish second. They had 1050 students at the start of the school year, probably even more now, so they're fortunate to still be in Class AA-and they still will be two more years even if they gain a few more hundred. After that they will likely be in the Class AAA district with Walker Valley, Bradley and Cleveland.

Howard has forfeited the game. There was a bench-clearing brawl after their loss to Brainerd on Monday. As a result of the multiple suspensions, they forfeited. Now the boys game between Howard and McMinn Central that was moved to Friday will be played at 7pm EST instead of 7:30 EST.

Howard has forfeited the game. There was a bench-clearing brawl after their loss to Brainerd on Monday. As a result of the multiple suspensions, they forfeited. Now the boys game between Howard and McMinn Central that was moved to Friday will be played at 7pm EST instead of 7:30 EST.

Nothing new for Brainerd or Howard. Same song, different year. I hope the TSSAA pours it to both schools with fines and sanctions, then maybe it will get the attention of the administration and coaches of both schools that this type of environment they allow to continue won't be tolerated.

Also remember they recruit very well through their "AAU" Mcminn Fire program, players from riceville,athen,calhoun,etowah,just to name a few.Remember McMinn is a very "BIG" County,LOL

Also remember they recruit very well through their "AAU" Mcminn Fire program, players from riceville,athen,calhoun,etowah,just to name a few.Remember McMinn is a very "BIG" County,LOL

Theres another school in the same county that about 1600 students attend as compared to the 700-800 at central. students can attend either school. from what i here there are many reasons to send your kid to the smaller one...not just athletics.

Edited by pumba