Jackson County Poor Sports

bobcatfan300

I rarely get on here to say anything negative about anyone but bobcat300 pushed my button making those slanderous remarks about our young men who he knew was sick for not staying after the last game then saying coach Flynn was a poor sport for not accepting the trophy when no coach I know of does, they let the player do that He and a few others say nothing about anyone unless its negative or they try to make their team look better by downing everyone else and it dosen't work that way. Coach Bibb and his players are good people and don't deserve fans like this and yes we have some to. Good luck to all region 4 teams that advance out of region.

Yes senator, J.C. has some fans like that also.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think everyone has those "fans". I guarantee Clarkrange does. all some of thos fans know how to do is blame the refs for losses. It's impossible that the better team won on that given night!

Your 100% right. Every athletic team in the history of the world has had those fans. Particularly high school teams. These type fans are the same people who blame the coach if their son/daughter doesn't play enough. Some people don't have the sense to realize that their child IS NOT the best, and perhaps the coach does actually know what they are doing.

Couldn't agree more that this thread is foolish. It needs shutting down.

Your 100% right. Every athletic team in the history of the world has had those fans. Particularly high school teams. These type fans are the same people who blame the coach if their son/daughter doesn't play enough. Some people don't have the sense to realize that their child IS NOT the best, and perhaps the coach does actually know what they are doing.

Couldn't agree more that this thread is foolish. It needs shutting down.

i completely agree. i'll admit i was one of the fans earlier that didn't agree with coaches. I wasn't complaining about playing time or whatever just the coaching style that was run. but after this year i guess i have woke up and realized what the coach is doing he obviously knows. clarkrange has won more games this year than they have in a long time. and have had a top defenses in state at one point. but the blaming of the refs that consistantly goes on is ridiculous. i saw a fan chase a ref out the door tonight. that was pretty horrid. very mature.

Well fans always make a bad game, fun! Every team always thinks the refs are calling against them. I can remember a few years back when RBS made thier state tournament run and was trying to make another someone came up to me from Westmoreland and said the refs get off the bus with RBS and get on the bus with RBS after the game. That is exaggerating somewhat on his part, but fans truly do believe that the refs are out to call against their team and it is the refs fault that they lose a game. I'm a fan of all high school sports and even assistant coaching some baseball and I have NEVER seen a ref or umpire decide the outcome of a ball game. I do not believe that they can because all refs and umpires make bad calls, sometimes ridiculous calls, but all teams should overcome those calls because bad calls are part of the game and is expected. I do see pitiful refs that make pitiful calls and have even been involved in a couple, but not once have I ever blamed a ref or umpire for losing a game. That is just my stance on the whole situation.

As for this thread, it is uncalled for. Everyone has different views of sportsmanship, and just because a coach does or doesn't go to recieve a trophy then that doesn't mean he has or lacks sportsmanship. Pickett County has only won 4 games all year, so do you think Coach Smith was upset that his girls placed 4th in possibly the toughest district in the state? Coach Flynn and Coach Godwin both know that they have a talented enough group that even if they do place 4th in 7a that they can still beat any other team in the region and good things can still come. I'm sure both teams would have loved to have done better, but it doesn't end here and they can always get it back in the region. FCS placed 3rd in 8a and the region last year so anything can happen and these coaches know that!

Edited by swanson71

I do agree that teams should be able to overcome bad calls from the officials, however if there is an excessive amount of bad calls in a given game, it can change the momentum enough to cause the better team to lose. Also, time and time again I have watch refs "let em play" in one half and call it tight in the next half. I am just saying that there should be consistency in play calling. Perhaps, if the officials tried hard to be consistant, and didn't make numerous bad calls, then there wouldn't be such an outcry of bad officiating from area fans. I have been to lots of games this season and have seen some well called games, but on the other hand I have also seen the complete oppisite.

How many new recruits are suiting up for this game froggy? :popcorneater:

Funny how fast MidTN shut that pie-hole when the recruiting topic brought up the JC girls program and Laken Leonard and the 6'6 Smith Co transfer. :roflolk:

And to answer his question - enough to win by 10 on a bad shooting nite and still advance to Watertown!! :roflol:

Edited by Volzchamps

Funny how fast MidTN shut that pie-hole when the recruiting topic brought up the JC girls program and Laken Leonard and the 6'6 Smith Co transfer. :roflolk:

And to answer his question - enough to win by 10 on a bad shooting nite and still advance to Watertown!! :roflol:

Laken wasn't recruited...it was her decision to move that paid off in the long run for her...

Why don't you meet me and see if you can shut my pie hole up??? JC boys have never had a transfer into their program, the girls are a different story but i thought all you people said talk about the girls on the girls board but since you brought them up how did your girls team do this year? All that recruiting and you still can't build a winner, must be sad huh?

Why don't you meet me and see if you can shut my pie hole up??? JC boys have never had a transfer into their program, the girls are a different story but i thought all you people said talk about the girls on the girls board but since you brought them up how did your girls team do this year? All that recruiting and you still can't build a winner, must be sad huh?

Not sure if you would call it recruiting but I do know a couple of the FCS players families that were offered assitance when their children were in the 8th grade. Do I care, no. It happens their choice. Midtenn you seriously need to step back from sports some, its a game played by kids at this level. Be mad at the time thats fine, JC lost get over it move on. Even if you think the refs handed them the game its not the kids fault on the floor nor is there anything you can do about it. Lot's of digs personally at each others players on this topic its gotten out hand grow up.

First of all you obviously do not know Coach Flynn very well. He is anything but disrespectful. In fact, I know for a fact he went down and congratulated Coach Bibb after the game. Also, the only coach who went out with his kids was Coach Bibb and every one but you understands that. As for the kids, we had about half the team with flu like symptoms and they were told to go home if they felt bad by Coach Flynn. I guess that was wrong too? You are a real piece of work to get on here and fault the coach and boys for being absent from a trophy presentation. I am sure if it was your team it would be different and YOU would have used this as an excuse for your team losing. We are disappointed that we lost but more disappointed we could not put our best product on the floor. Maybe we can get everyone back healthy and play you all in region finals and maybe you can watch Coach Flynn and boys stay for pictures after the game. GOOD DAY!