coffee county loses in 1st round region

crimson101

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coffee county loses to mcminn co. 47 - 42 in first round of region, as does the rest of their district.

BIG win tonight for the Lady Cherokees of McMinn County as they rebuild to being a viable competitor. Once a powerhouse in the always tough District 5, it's been 6 years since they made the semifinals of a Region 3 contest.

wait till next year

highly doubt that next year will be much different, all district teams were very young this year also, coffee county was probably the most experienced team this year and could only finish 3rd, which was the same as last year. You can beat all the weak teams u want but if you cant win against the big dogs , your never gonna get out of the region.

dont know that those are really big upsets.

Maybe not huge upsets, but I think they were both upsets to various degrees. Though McMinn beat Cleveland during both games of the regular season (by 2 points each), Cleveland had a better overall record, played the better teams much closer than McMinn, and had really pbeen laying well as of late. McMinn's girls just seemed to elevate their game during the District's. I think Bradley's conquest of Walker Valley might have been a bigger upset because Walker Valley was 25-2, with their second loss being last week to Cleveland in the District semi's (which was another upset). Walker Valley had stormed through the District undefeated, and was highly favored to win the District and Region.

highly doubt that next year will be much different, all district teams were very young this year also, coffee county was probably the most experienced team this year and could only finish 3rd, which was the same as last year. You can beat all the weak teams u want but if you cant win against the big dogs , your never gonna get out of the region.

Crimson,

Thanks, as always, for being the first on the scene to broadcast CC's downfall and to offer encouragement as well. Obviously, you are correct that we don't play in a strong district. However, it's the same district that we didn't win last year right? It should also be noted we beat the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place teams from our old district 8AAA during the regular season. WAIT, let me save you the effort, you have already let us know that some of those teams aren't what they used to be either. It seems nothing is the way it used to be is it? Maybe that is a good thing, who knows?.....Anyway, the district championship plaque is in the halls of CC and I am not sure if I am happier for the girls or happier that it is driving you up the wall.....In either case, Congratulations Coach Muckle and the Lady Raiders. I am happy for you.

As for you Crimson, why don't you show some class and stop being so bitter and petty.

For everyone else, who have chosen to ignore Crimson and hope they go away, I apologize for acknowledging them. I won't do it again.

Edited by PEARLBALL

Crimson,

Thanks, as always, for being the first on the scene to broadcast CC's downfall and to offer encouragement as well. Obviously, you are correct that we don't play in a strong district. However, it's the same district that we didn't win last year right? It should also be noted we beat the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place teams from our old district 8AAA during the regular season. WAIT, let me save you the effort, you have already let us know that some of those teams aren't what they used to be either. It seems nothing is the way it used to be is it? Maybe that is a good thing, who knows?.....Anyway, the district championship plaque is in the halls of CC and I am not sure if I am happier for the girls or happier that it is driving you up the wall.....In either case, Congratulations Coach Muckle and the Lady Raiders. I am happy for you.

As for you Crimson, why don't you show some class and stop being so bitter and petty.

For everyone else, who have chosen to ignore Crimson and hope they go away, I apologize for acknowledging them. I won't do it again.

Just a few plays - either good or bad - can cause a team to win or lose. An example....McMinn County beat Coffee County last week, then McMinn beat Cleveland last night.....the same Cleveland team that beat a 25-1 #3 state ranked Walker Valley team last week. All games were relatively close, and with a few plays could have reversed the outcome.

My point? Coffee County could have easily been playing for the Region Championship this week. So, forget the naysayers and whiners who have probably never battled on the court themselves.....or if they did, I'm sure they were perfect! Congratulations the the Lady Raiders for a great season and for winning the District Championship!!!