A state champs

Who picked these favorites?.... I'm guessing you?

Yes, I did pick them. I'm just guessing like everyone else. I have seen Middleton, Lake Co and Perry County play. All three of them are very good. Arts & Sciences are usually very good and seem to be at the state tournament every year. Don't have a clue about Clay Co.,Cloudland or Hampton. Class A basketball in East Tennessee is normally weak outside of Chatt. For all I know, Hampton and Cloudland may surprise everyone and win the whole thing.

Why all the hate for East Tennessee? Hampton has made a couple state title runs in basketball, football, and baseball in the past. Cloudland pretty much owned football in the early 2000's, and are now in the b-ball state tournament; and Unaka is an annual visitor to Murphreesborough in baseball. we have good teams, good players, and good coaches, and while we hate each other in the regular season, we all band together and support the local teams no matter who they play. Good luck to Hampton AND Cloudland next week. Bring that championship back to Carter County.

Why all the hate for East Tennessee? Hampton has made a couple state title runs in basketball, football, and baseball in the past. Cloudland pretty much owned football in the early 2000's, and are now in the b-ball state tournament; and Unaka is an annual visitor to Murphreesborough in baseball. we have good teams, good players, and good coaches, and while we hate each other in the regular season, we all band together and support the local teams no matter who they play. Good luck to Hampton AND Cloudland next week. Bring that championship back to Carter County.

No hate for East Tn at all. Class A basketball normally is not that strong in East Tn. It might be this year, we will all see next week.

No hate for East Tn at all. Class A basketball normally is not that strong in East Tn. It might be this year, we will all see next week.

I'm pumped about this tournament. I hope all the other teams' fans have as much school spirit as Hampton because Single A basketball games should be as rowdy as possible. :thumb:

Great posts men!

E Tn basketball has been known as a lil weak....but Hamptons preseason and season schedule has been stacked against great talent and strong programs to prepare them for the 'boro...GREAT JOB COACHES!

The same can be said about Cloudland.

We look forward to next week with the spirit of many Carter Co teams behind us and in attendance with us!

blindman remind me when Cloudland "owned" single A football?? How many gold balls do they have in the trophy case? Not trying to sound too negative but to say they owned Single A football is a stretch they made 1 state title appearance I can remember and got pounded by Ezell-Harding. Upper East TN has not traditionally been strong in basketball but history and a $1.25 will get you a coke at the vending machine :thumb: That means nothing in this years tournament. I have seen Perry Co., Middleton and Lake County this year as well and all three are very good and could beat each other on a given night. CSAS has beaten Howard who is in the AA state tourney as well as McCallie so they are good I am sure. Hampton won big in their substate game so I expect them to be a handfull as well. So what does all this mumbojumbo = One heck of a state tourney!!

Edited by wardawg2038

Well it really doesnt matter if u got 10 gold balls or no gold balls come tournament time. Its possible for any team to lose at any given time. Some may not think or see that east tn has a tradition in winning the gold balls, although they have been very competitive in every sport. Its not been rare to see carter county teams such as HAMPTON,CLOUDLAND,or UNAKA show up deep in playoffs or state tournament over the last 10 yrs in all three sports, which in some sports such as football its proly been quite more than the teams that are in it for now for basketball but thats a differeny story. No1 walks away every year with a gold ball (unless ur ALCOA in FOOTBALL,LOL). I know all these players in this tourney want this bad and are goin to fight to the bitter end for the gold ball. I wish every1 tje best of luck and look forward to seein some players FIRED UP!!!!! Dont be suprised wat these lil ol east tn country boys can do on the court. GET EM DAWGS & LANDERS!!!!

blindman remind me when Cloudland "owned" single A football?? How many gold balls do they have in the trophy case? Not trying to sound too negative but to say they owned Single A football is a stretch they made 1 state title appearance I can remember and got pounded by Ezell-Harding. Upper East TN has not traditionally been strong in basketball but history and a $1.25 will get you a coke at the vending machine :thumb: That means nothing in this years tournament. I have seen Perry Co., Middleton and Lake County this year as well and all three are very good and could beat each other on a given night. CSAS has beaten Howard who is in the AA state tourney as well as McCallie so they are good I am sure. Hampton won big in their substate game so I expect them to be a handfull as well. So what does all this mumbojumbo = One heck of a state tourney!!

E Tn hasn't been strong year in and year out, but it wasn't all that long ago (2004) that Unaka (a Carter Co team) brought that gold ball home.

One of the biggest reasons that CC teams struggle is the low number of student athletes that play two or more sports....injuries have stifled a few teams over the decades (prob can be said about many program's pasts)

But, I agree....has nothing to do with this tournament....should be one of the best in recent memory!