McMinn Central vs East Hamilton for Reg. 3AA Championship

blitzinbuc

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mt. View and got a good one coming from Englewood.

Mtn. View always has a good girls' elementary team. And there are some other county schools who periodically have strong teams. In the past, McMinn Central has had girls come there from all over the county.....but Mcminn County is slowly rebuilding (after the previous coach ran the program into the ground) and is just now able to start getting some of the talented young ladies from the closer elementary schools. The best elementary player (in my opinion) in McMinn County will be going to Christian Academy of Knoxville (CAK) next year.

In all honesty, the best feeder program for McMinn Central (and to some extent, McMinn County High) is the McMinn Fire AAU program.

Mtn. View always has a good girls' elementary team. And there are some other county schools who periodically have strong teams. In the past, McMinn Central has had girls come there from all over the county.....but Mcminn County is slowly rebuilding (after the previous coach ran the program into the ground) and is just now able to start getting some of the talented young ladies from the closer elementary schools. The best elementary player (in my opinion) in McMinn County will be going to Christian Academy of Knoxville (CAK) next year.

In all honesty, the best feeder program for McMinn Central (and to some extent, McMinn County High) is the McMinn Fire AAU program.

I don't think the big girl from Mt. View plays with fire does she? The fire seems like it does a good job with keeping girls interested in girls basketball. The fire seems to be feeding McMinn, MCentral, and Meigs Co. now.

I don't think the big girl from Mt. View plays with fire does she? The fire seems like it does a good job with keeping girls interested in girls basketball. The fire seems to be feeding McMinn, MCentral, and Meigs Co. now.

I don't think she does. I think the majority of Central's best players the last few years are a product of playing for the Fire over the last decade......and you've just started see the results with Central raising the bar in play the last 4-5 years. Most of the girls who played for the earlier Fire teams (like Kylie Lambert) went to Central. Just think back to 2003-2007 and you'll remember who was coaching at McMinn County. Not many of the best players from the county schools or Fire went there to play for him.

Athens has an AAU program, though it's not been anywhere near as successful as the Fire has been. And now TWC is sponsoring/hosting a new AAU program for 7th and 8th grade girls this year. Meigs Co., has an AAU program starting this year for the 6th and 7th grade girls. You may not see it the next few years, but I predict Meigs will become a powerhouse again in 4-5 more years.

I don't think she does. I think the majority of Central's best players the last few years are a product of playing for the Fire over the last decade......and you've just started see the results with Central raising the bar in play the last 4-5 years. Most of the girls who played for the earlier Fire teams (like Kylie Lambert) went to Central. Just think back to 2003-2007 and you'll remember who was coaching at McMinn County. Not many of the best players from the county schools or Fire went there to play for him.

Athens has an AAU program, though it's not been anywhere near as successful as the Fire has been. And now TWC is sponsoring/hosting a new AAU program for 7th and 8th grade girls this year. Meigs Co., has an AAU program starting this year for the 6th and 7th grade girls. You may not see it the next few years, but I predict Meigs will become a powerhouse again in 4-5 more years.

I agree, seems like a couple of girls from Meigs are playing with the fire 8th grade this year. I could be wrong. I think my point was it seems the fire may be branching out a little more, rather than girls from the McMinn area. Does not matter either way. I do also agree that McMinn is trying to develop the play on the other side of creek. I think competiting with soccer in the Athens area just becomes to much.

I agree, seems like a couple of girls from Meigs are playing with the fire 8th grade this year. I could be wrong. I think my point was it seems the fire may be branching out a little more, rather than girls from the McMinn area. Does not matter either way. I do also agree that McMinn is trying to develop the play on the other side of creek. I think competiting with soccer in the Athens area just becomes to much.

Actually, the Fire has benefitted more in the past from having young ladies play for them from Polk, Monroe, and Meigs Counties......and they do have some from Meigs on their teams now. The Fire 4th grade, 5th grade, 7th grade, and 8th grade teams are stout. I purposely don't mention the 6th grade because I don't know about them.

With the two AAU teams in Athens, hopefully it will work out for them.

I do agree that MUFC Soccer has swayed some young athletic ladies to switch. But I also think it had something to with with the previous girls' coach at McMinn destroying the program.....as well as it having to do recently with the slow rebuilding process of Mcminn's new girls' coach. Regarless, soccer is very strong in Athens. And there's a lot of young ladies from Athens playing for the stronger select teams out of Knoxville and other places.

BTW, I have a few Granddaughters playing basketball and soccer in the programs I mentioned above.

The post from Mt View plays for a team out of Blount County. She's gonna be a good one!

Is the girl going to CAK, go to MtView now?

The post from Mt View plays for a team out of Blount County. She's gonna be a good one!

Is the girl going to CAK, go to MtView now?

I was thinking MV's post player played for a team out of Murvul or Knoxville. Agree, her future is bright if she keeps at it.

No, the girl going to CAK played for E.K. Baker. She's the younger sister of Englewood's former Coach, Mrs. Frazier.