mccallie losing wrestlers?

bobbiwithani

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha you're asking for it with this one my man.

Well I thought it was funny. Truth is If you have the guts to get out on the mat and dedicate yourself to dong your best that's all that matters I don't care where or who a kid wrestles for he's a winner for competeing in the toughest of all sports, no one out there but you two and the refs, coach can't win or lose it, the name of the school you wrestle for can't win it, your mom or dad can't only you, it's all on the individual, that's what makes it great, and all of them are winners, in a way someone who doesn't win gives more and does more for the sport than those who do.

Well I thought it was funny. Truth is If you have the guts to get out on the mat and dedicate yourself to dong your best that's all that matters I don't care where or who a kid wrestles for he's a winner for competeing in the toughest of all sports, no one out there but you two and the refs, coach can't win or lose it, the name of the school you wrestle for can't win it, your mom or dad can't only you, it's all on the individual, that's what makes it great, and all of them are winners, in a way someone who doesn't win gives more and does more for the sport than those who do.

I am always inspired with this particular post, it comes up at least once a year. It is the wrestler against the world! cue the music.

Did Baylor offer a better "deal" to some young kids that were going to McCallie?

Absolutely!

A chance to be trained by 4 of the best coaches in TN. A chance to be part of the most successful program in D2 that just set the state record for most points ever scored in the D2 traditional state tourney. A chance to be part of Baylor's annual state championship teams. A chance to train in the largest practice facility in the southeast (space for 4 mats) that is twice as big as the room at the EBE. A chance to win the varsity position in the weight class of their choice.

Sounds like a lot better "deal" to me.

Absolutely!

A chance to be trained by 4 of the best coaches in TN. A chance to be part of the most successful program in D2 that just set the state record for most points ever scored in the D2 traditional state tourney. A chance to be part of Baylor's annual state championship teams. A chance to train in the largest practice facility in the southeast (space for 4 mats) that is twice as big as the room at the EBE. A chance to win the varsity position in the weight class of their choice.

Sounds like a lot better "deal" to me.

You may want to omit the part about "A chance to win the varsity position in the weight class of their choice." Did the first 5X Teneessee State Champion not transfer across town because The Baylor School would not allow him to compete when he was the better wrestler?

Did the first 5X Teneessee State Champion not transfer across town because The Baylor School would not allow him to compete when he was the better wrestler?

No need to omit. I'm not part of the Baylor coaching staff, but I have consistently heard the same policy. The high school team brings up middle school wrestlers only when there is no viable high school wrestler in the weight class. Baylor has a seperate practice facility and coaching staff for the lower school students. In Mr Duncan's situation 5 years ago, I recall Baylor had returning state place finishers in his weights of choice so he moved on. If you attend the Baylor upper school you can challenge for the weight class of your choice.

Edited by ynotme