McMinn Central vs Livingston Academy

jwcardin

Aaaa.. buc I was just giving you a hard time. Don't be thin skinned. You have every right to say whatever you want on here. Personally I think it is great that we can get on here and poke a little at each other. Many of your points I agree with, I was just stating to LA that you are more of a follower of the whole district and area and your opinion was unbiased and not based on the love for MCentral basketball. For one I like some of your post! But sometimes.............. One thing we can agree on, MCentral girls are at a high level right now and going to be hard to handle.

Hey, you can give me a hard time all you want.....no thin skin on this guy.

I am more of a follower of several girls teams, but my preference is watching Central play - for many reasons. My 8th grade Granddaughter toyed with the idea of going to Central to play basketball, but has recently decided to play for McMinn County. She lives in Athens, so most of the girls on her school's team and AAU team will be attending Mcminn County High - which was probably the deciding factor. So, naturally, I'll be attending McMinn's games next year.....but will still want to catch a Central game every chance I get.

I do like to gig and tease around with some Livingston fans.....especially certain ones who think LA has a birthright to the state championship tournament - and how dare anyone else even think they can keep LA from their destiny. My message to them is that Naismith wasn't born in Livingston, TN.....basketball wasn't invented in Livingston, TN.....Pat Summitt didn't tutor under Livingston's Coach. Just because they're Livingston Academy and have won some gold balls in the past (to which I respect and commend them for), that doesn't guarantee them anything. A team has to go out and earn EVERY victory......just as McMinn Central will have to do if they want to win it all this year.

I am more of a follower of several girls teams, but my preference is watching Central play - for many reasons. My 8th grade Granddaughter toyed with the idea of going to Central to play basketball, but has recently decided to play for McMinn County. She lives in Athens, so most of the girls on her school's team and AAU team will be attending Mcminn County High - which was probably the deciding factor. So, naturally, I'll be attending McMinn's games next year.....but will still want to catch a Central game every chance I get.

I do like to gig and tease around with some Livingston fans.....especially certain ones who think LA has a birthright to the state championship tournament - and how dare anyone else even think they can keep LA from their destiny. My message to them is that Naismith wasn't born in Livingston, TN.....basketball wasn't invented in Livingston, TN.....Pat Summitt didn't tutor under Livingston's Coach. Just because they're Livingston Academy and have won some gold balls in the past (to which I respect and commend them for), that doesn't guarantee them anything. A team has to go out and earn EVERY victory......just as McMinn Central will have to do if they want to win it all this year.

Where did your Granddaughter play elementary buc?

Don't let them get to ya, Livingston Aca isn't even the best team up here by a long shot. That title belongs to Jackson County who beat LA twice this year and the last time wasn't even close. Now McMinn Central vs Jackson County would be worth the price of admission! :popcorneater:

Don't let them get to ya, Livingston Aca isn't even the best team up here by a long shot. That title belongs to Jackson County who beat LA twice this year and the last time wasn't even close. Now McMinn Central vs Jackson County would be worth the price of admission! :popcorneater:

Be careful that you don't blaspheme the HOGEYE. No doubt the only reason you beat LA so bad last time was because LA played their C game (as noted earlier in this thread). Jackson County had nothing at all to do with LA losing so bad.......and had LA played their A game, Jackson County would have lost. :roll:

Seems that it was Jackson County who beat Central many years ago for a state championship. If it wasn't the final game, it was somewhere in the state tournament you sent Central packing.

Well, I know she is not getting quality coaching there

Funny you mention that, because in my previous post about where she played, I had added "And don't get me started on the coaching she got there." However, I elected to remove it since I am such a nice guy (the LA fans posting on here will verify that. ;) )

AJHS did have an assistant coach this year who was very good. But since his daughter played for Englewood, he wasn't able to be there for all of AJHS's games. He taught the players more in practice the brief time he was around them than they had ever received. And when he was assisting on the bench, the players looked more to him for direction than the head coach. I'd loved for him to have been able to work with them and be the head coach for them the last two years, as there was some pretty good talent on that team.

AJHS did beat Riceville this year, but didn't play any other county teams. Their conference schedule had them playing the powerful Junior High teams from Bradley Co. and Cleveland.

Midtensportsfan would fit right in here with Buc, always looking for someone to argue with.:lol: I can tell you both LA played their 'A' game against Jackson Co and Jackson Co won twice, Jackson Co. was better than LA this year. That Jaycee Coe is something else and I'm pretty sure she is a freshman. Now for the MC game you did get our 'C' game. I have no problem saying MC is a tough team and deserved to win but I would take JC over MC in a matchup on any given day. You guys think LA and MC live basketball, Jackson Co. is basketball. Come on Buc just let it die, it's like you have last word and smart A syndrome all rolled into one. Like someone said be careful karma could bite you.

Midtensportsfan would fit right in here with Buc, always looking for someone to argue with.:lol: I can tell you both LA played their 'A' game against Jackson Co and Jackson Co won twice, Jackson Co. was better than LA this year. That Jaycee Coe is something else and I'm pretty sure she is a freshman. Now for the MC game you did get our 'C' game. I have no problem saying MC is a tough team and deserved to win but I would take JC over MC in a matchup on any given day. You guys think LA and MC live basketball, Jackson Co. is basketball. Come on Buc just let it die, it's like you have last word and smart A syndrome all rolled into one. Like someone said be careful karma could bite you.

First of all let me make it clear that the first of this post I'm serious and the second is meant to be fun.

Central's success over recent years is due in part to the standard bar set by teams, coaching, such as Livingston Academy. Everyone LA fan and player I encountered Saturday showed class, respect, and sportmanship .From this Central fan thanks for setting the bar high. I wish we could have met in the championshio instead of the sub-state. Neither teams season should have ended this early.

I have much more respect for LA basketball than LA soccer. (mainly due THE SOCCER MOM). Anyone that has watched LA soccer know what I'm talking about but that is a totally different post. For anyone that dosen't remember Central also got to end LA's soccer season this year as well. Five of our soccer players are also on the basketball team. Double satisfaction.

I have only watched LA play three times this year. I wathed them destroy Smith County in the district tourney, beat and good Upperman team in the region, and of course Saturday. From the three games I watched watch it appeared to be the same players, sames coaches, and level of play on the offensive and defensive end was about the same. The only think I saw that was different was the team they played Saturday was much better than the other two but what do I know. We Central folks all need to assume that HOGEYE knows much more about LA basbetball than us and his rating of "C" is correct.

Howwever, I am a avid Central fan and parent and I think I know a little more about Central basketball than HOGEYE. I will use the letter system so we can all be on the same page. We will need to assume an "A" is what we are trying for. Based upon the fact that LA only scored 41 points as a team and the fact that it only took two Central playser Adams and Masingil to outscore them as a team (44 points combined). The fact that our staring point guard, back up point guard, and two guard only shot one three all night when they have been shooting between forty and fifty percent on average I will only have to give our offensive effort a average rating for Saturday and drop them from a "A" to "A-". As far as our defense we typically like to play full court all game but our girls only played half court in the fourth quarter. Will have to drop them from a "A-" to "B+" for this reason. While only leading by thirty something the coaches pull the starters with four minutes to go. Will have to drop again from a "B+" to a solid "B". I will not address the fact that since Thanksgiving Central has lost two starters to season ending knee injuries. I guess they should folded and forfeited the rest of season or maybe we could just make excuses. It seems to work and make some people fill better.

Heres the part I need help with. Assuming HOGEYE is correct with a rating of "C" and I'm correct with a rating of "B" it appears to be a 25 point difference between letter grades. If Central would have played an "A" game would LA had to play a "A++" or "A+++" to send it to over time. Its over my head on how to score or grade over time.

Can someone call Cannon and ask if we could get our prior game graded on the curve system. If so we may have won and not know it. Fact is we got by beat by Cannon just as LA got it handed to them Saturday. Nothing more, nothing less.

Again for all that is sensitive this is meant to be fun.

And no I didn't spell check the prior post.

First of all let me make it clear that the first of this post I'm serious and the second is meant to be fun.

Central's success over recent years is due in part to the standard bar set by teams, coaching, such as Livingston Academy. Everyone LA fan and player I encountered Saturday showed class, respect, and sportmanship .From this Central fan thanks for setting the bar high. I wish we could have met in the championshio instead of the sub-state. Neither teams season should have ended this early.

I have much more respect for LA basketball than LA soccer. (mainly due THE SOCCER MOM). Anyone that has watched LA soccer know what I'm talking about but that is a totally different post. For anyone that dosen't remember Central also got to end LA's soccer season this year as well. Five of our soccer players are also on the basketball team. Double satisfaction.

I have only watched LA play three times this year. I wathed them destroy Smith County in the district tourney, beat and good Upperman team in the region, and of course Saturday. From the three games I watched watch it appeared to be the same players, sames coaches, and level of play on the offensive and defensive end was about the same. The only think I saw that was different was the team they played Saturday was much better than the other two but what do I know. We Central folks all need to assume that HOGEYE knows much more about LA basbetball than us and his rating of "C" is correct.

Howwever, I am a avid Central fan and parent and I think I know a little more about Central basketball than HOGEYE. I will use the letter system so we can all be on the same page. We will need to assume an "A" is what we are trying for. Based upon the fact that LA only scored 41 points as a team and the fact that it only took two Central playser Adams and Masingil to outscore them as a team (44 points combined). The fact that our staring point guard, back up point guard, and two guard only shot one three all night when they have been shooting between forty and fifty percent on average I will only have to give our offensive effort a average rating for Saturday and drop them from a "A" to "A-". As far as our defense we typically like to play full court all game but our girls only played half court in the fourth quarter. Will have to drop them from a "A-" to "B+" for this reason. While only leading by thirty something the coaches pull the starters with four minutes to go. Will have to drop again from a "B+" to a solid "B". I will not address the fact that since Thanksgiving Central has lost two starters to season ending knee injuries. I guess they should folded and forfeited the rest of season or maybe we could just make excuses. It seems to work and make some people fill better.

Heres the part I need help with. Assuming HOGEYE is correct with a rating of "C" and I'm correct with a rating of "B" it appears to be a 25 point difference between letter grades. If Central would have played an "A" game would LA had to play a "A++" or "A+++" to send it to over time. Its over my head on how to score or grade over time.

Can someone call Cannon and ask if we could get our prior game graded on the curve system. If so we may have won and not know it. Fact is we got by beat by Cannon just as LA got it handed to them Saturday. Nothing more, nothing less.

Again for all that is sensitive this is meant to be fun.

That's a great idea! We'll call it the 'Hogeye Curve'.....where you can add points for your team if they get beat. :lol:

I would give you an incomplete courtesy of McMinn Central.