McMinn Central vs Livingston Academy

jwcardin

Not that big.. And I was way wrong about the Bradley game. blackmans Seniors all over the bears under classmen in the 3rd period. half it was 18 16.

That's a tough Region that Blackman plays in. Riverdale is up on McMinn County's young squad about 50 points at the half. Be glad that Bradley didn't have to play Riverdale!

Edited by blitzinbuc

That's a tough Region that Blackman plays in. Riverdale is up on McMinn County's young squad about 35 points at the half.

Did not see that coming....LA had a solid team but Sells picked a bad night to be off. I don't think LA really had any good match-ups against Central. I don't think Sells scored in the first half. She finished with 22 but it was mostly in 4th quarter clean-up. It could have really been worse. Anyone know what MC's free throw % was? It had to be bad. The ref's were a little inconsistent but at least they let them play.Congrats Chargerettes, I hope you bring home the gold.

Did not see that coming....LA had a solid team but Sells picked a bad night to be off. I don't think LA really had any good match-ups against Central. I don't think Sells scored in the first half. She finished with 22 but it was mostly in 4th quarter clean-up. It could have really been worse. Anyone know what MC's free throw % was? It had to be bad. The ref's were a little inconsistent but at least they let them play.Congrats Chargerettes, I hope you bring home the gold.

Sells is good, but based on her performance against Central's defense she's a looooooooong way from being the best basketball player in AA. As you said, most of her points were in cleanup after Central got ahead over 30 and sat some starters.

What surprised me the most was how easy Central picked LA's defense apart. LA seemed a tad slower and they certainly weren't conditioned as well as Central was.

During the 3rd, I agreed with LA's coach coming off that press because Central had been eating it up, but was surprised that that was even worse for LA. After that big MC run in the 3rd, La looked tired and frustrated. They had nothing left in the bag of tricks. Those court length passes from Adams were all better than in pass from our QB's all year. :roflol: Anyone got any other AA scores? Don't even bother with a Cannon score, E Hamilton I sure should have stayed on the bus.

As a McMinn Central alum from the mid 2000's and a student at Tennessee Tech, I have always loathed Livingston Academy. Mainly because we have the best out of region rivalry in the state IMO. BUT I must say that the LA fans have always been gracious in victory or defeat and they were tonight as well. I must say it did feel good to see us beat them good. LA has a great team this year and they deserve props for how good they were. Root for us in the Boro so we can finally bring a gold ball home (we have enough silver ones). It would be great to see Johnny bring one home in the same year that he gets the Hall of Fame. Go CENTRAL!!!

As a McMinn Central alum from the mid 2000's and a student at Tennessee Tech, I have always loathed Livingston Academy. Mainly because we have the best out of region rivalry in the state IMO. BUT I must say that the LA fans have always been gracious in victory or defeat and they were tonight as well. I must say it did feel good to see us beat them good. LA has a great team this year and they deserve props for how good they were. Root for us in the Boro so we can finally bring a gold ball home (we have enough silver ones). It would be great to see Johnny bring one home in the same year that he gets the Hall of Fame. Go CENTRAL!!!

Obviously I was dead wrong in my previous post. LA did not seem to have good ball control, Central's pressure was obviously the best LA has seen all year cause they had no answer. I knew MC was playing at an high level right now, and tonights game was proof. Good luck the rest of the way.

During the 3rd, I agreed with LA's coach coming off that press because Central had been eating it up, but was surprised that that was even worse for LA. After that big MC run in the 3rd, La looked tired and frustrated. They had nothing left in the bag of tricks. Those court length passes from Adams were all better than in pass from our QB's all year. :roflol: Anyone got any other AA scores? Don't even bother with a Cannon score, E Hamilton I sure should have stayed on the bus.

Elizabethton beat Fulton 68-50

Pigeon Forge beat South Greene 68-66 (might have been an upset, since SG is always good).

Macon Co. beat Waverly 41-38

East Hamilton beat Cannon Co. (just kidding :lol: )

Elizabethton beat Fulton 68-50

Pigeon Forge beat South Greene 68-66 (might have been an upset, since SG is always good).

Macon Co. beat Waverly 41-38

East Hamilton beat Cannon Co. (just kidding :lol: )

Haha my heart skipped when I first read that EH won. That would have been nice.