McMinn Central vs Livingston Academy

jwcardin

Don't believe I said anything about LA being invincible. I make my statement about the defense based on the fact that I watch a lot of teams play during a season, not just my favorite and not just 8AA. You have every right to disagree, but I believe I know a good defense when I see one in action. There's no doubt you have a great team, but go back and look over your schedule, then look at LA's. I seriously doubt that if you faced teams like Cannon co., Upperman, Jackson co., etc., night after night, you'd show only one loss and nearly as many thirty to forty point victories. The prediction that I made was mine. You have every right to make yours. Your team may win tomorrow night, then you can laugh all you please. If they do win they'll receive my congratulations, but win or lose, you will face the best defense that you've faced all year. :thumb:

Maybe the numbers are wrong, or the formula for calculating it is flawed, but according to this site, McMinn Central has played the 7th strongest schedule in AA. Two wins over #14 AAA Bradley Central who is in the substate; a win at AA Macon County who is in the substate; a double digit win over #2 ranked DII Knox Webb; three wins over #23 AA East Hamilton; a win over #16 AAA Tennessee high on a neutral court; and a win at #16 AA Chatttanooga Christian.

I'm not saying this means McMinn Central will win. I'm just saying that this is the strongest strength of schedule the Chargerettes have had in several years.

Don't believe I said anything about LA being invincible. I make my statement about the defense based on the fact that I watch a lot of teams play during a season, not just my favorite and not just 8AA. You have every right to disagree, but I believe I know a good defense when I see one in action. There's no doubt you have a great team, but go back and look over your schedule, then look at LA's. I seriously doubt that if you faced teams like Cannon co., Upperman, Jackson co., etc., night after night, you'd show only one loss and nearly as many thirty to forty point victories. The prediction that I made was mine. You have every right to make yours. Your team may win tomorrow night, then you can laugh all you please. If they do win they'll receive my congratulations, but win or lose, you will face the best defense that you've faced all year. :thumb:

Where did I say you said anything at all about LA being invincible??? :blink:

Your original statement was that McMinn Central hadn't seen a defense as good as LA's, and I asked how you knew that. The answer is quite simple, you don't know because you haven't seen every opponent's defense that Central has faced. Some teams have great defenses, but lack offense......and vice-versa. You may very well know good defense when you see it, but I assure this 60 year old man has coached and seen a few good defenses, too. So I'll reserve my opinion on LA's defnse being the best Central has seen, AFTER I watch them play tomorrow night.

Y'all be careful driving down tomorrow, and you may want to bring your umbrellas.

Edited by blitzinbuc

Maybe the numbers are wrong, or the formula for calculating it is flawed, but according to this site, McMinn Central has played the 7th strongest schedule in AA. Two wins over #14 AAA Bradley Central who is in the substate; a win at AA Macon County who is in the substate; a double digit win over #2 ranked DII Knox Webb; three wins over #23 AA East Hamilton; a win over #16 AAA Tennessee high on a neutral court; and a win at #16 AA Chatttanooga Christian.

I'm not saying this means McMinn Central will win. I'm just saying that this is the strongest strength of schedule the Chargerettes have had in several years.

And don't forget, two wins over McMinn Co., who's playing in substate tomorrow.

You must have seen a different post! No where in Rabbit's post did he say LA can't be beat, you must be a little worried! Quiet frankly we all should be worried, somebody is done after tomorrow!!! GO HOGEYE!!!!! Wooooooo!!!!!!

Reading and is fundamental. Please re-read my post and show me where I stated that Rabbit said that LA couldn't be beat.

Me worry about the outcome of a basketball game played by teenagers? Not hardly. :rolleyes:

Yes, one of these teams will play in Murfreesboro and the other one will watch.

By the way, no one ever answered my previous question about the name 'HOGEYE". I like it!

Predicting a victory for one's favorite team is one thing.....but one of the things I laugh about is when people post things about their team's invincibility, or as you just stated that Central hasn't seen a defense like they will against LA. May I ask how you know that and can make such a claim?

Looking at the season of both LA and Central, I noticed they each lost a game or games......so I assure you that either of them can be beaten.

:thumb: there it is!!!

:thumb: there it is!!!

Shucks, oldkodger, put your glasses on and read r e a l s l o w.... :unsure:

"but one of the things I laugh about is when people post things about their team's invincibility, or as you just stated that Central hasn't seen a defense like they will against LA."

Note, the key word in there is OR.

(ps: I hope someone is driving you down tomorrow.) :roflol:

Let me make myself clear. It was not, and is not, my intention to put down a very good team like Central. I made my prediction on the game and gave my reason for my prediction. One of your fans 'blitzinbuc' apparently took offence to my prediction. That was the reason for the post that you replied to. There's no question that Central's schedule is stronger than past years. The same schedule last year could possibly have made a difference in losing/not losing the lead they had in the state final game. That being said, I don't believe I'd bet the farm on a site that has a team ranked #5 that was beaten three times by the 8th ranked team.

Where did I say you said anything at all about LA being invincible??? :blink:

Your original statement was that McMinn Central hadn't seen a defense as good as LA's, and I asked how you knew that. The answer is quite simple, you don't know because you haven't seen every opponent's defense that Central has faced. Some teams have great defenses, but lack offense......and vice-versa. You may very well know good defense when you see it, but I assure this 60 year old man has coached and seen a few good defenses, too. So I'll reserve my opinion on LA's defnse being the best Central has seen, AFTER I watch them play tomorrow night.

Y'all be careful driving down tomorrow, and you may want to bring your umbrellas.

Please accept my apology for offending you. I didn't realize that I was dealing with a senile old man. :lol: