Perry County @ Clarksville Academy

pcviking23

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw something about the kids at summertown standing so close to the floor. McEwen knows how to do that too!!! Very intimidating and I will have to say, CA dreads the fans of McEwen, so Summertown should dread them too! They are faithful to the end and if they open up the 3s, look out summertown!!!

McEwen fans for sure come and support their team! And for sure the student section is very loud and sometimes get in trouble. But everybody does know that they're there and hate it. They are loud and everybody knows there coming and when they are leaving! That's one thing that nobody can take from McEwen is there fans and supporting doesn't matter how far it is.

this is a perry co @ CA board.plz post about stown n mcewen on there board. thats why we have diff ones :)

Really, give me a break. There is nothing really to say about Perry County, you act like they are so great they have already won the state championship!!! I hope they get the door tomorrow!!! On this feed you want to talk about people in the 8th grade!!! Give me a break.

Really, give me a break. There is nothing really to say about Perry County, you act like they are so great they have already won the state championship!!! I hope they get the door tomorrow!!! On this feed you want to talk about people in the 8th grade!!! Give me a break.

Haha couldn't agree more! They sure do have a lot of faith for Perry County as there calling it a upset if CA wins. But it actually the other way around if Perry County wins that would be the biggest upset of the year! I personally don't think they stand a chance nor will they ever! And whitenight is right all anybody can bring up in this forum is that Perry County has the game won already and how they beat them in the 8th grade well take this for a bit of advice nobody cares what happen 4 years ago and never will. This game is going to be played tomorrow and not 4 years in the future or 20 years in the past. Malcolm and Martin are better then Perry County's whole team and there is not much more you can say to that. Clarksville is going to win the game I would bet anything on it. All you Perry County fans think that Perry County is the team of the century and are almighty. Flash back for you the team you just lost to Summertown lost to Lawrence County by 17 which Clarksville Academy beat 80 to 63! They showed that team up and at that in the 4th quarter put there second string in. So lets not get to ahead of are selves Perry County is not that great of a team. There good but they will not win. (Personally Opinion)

Edited by follower93

Haha couldn't agree more! They sure do have a lot of faith for Perry County as there calling it a upset if CA wins. But it actually the other way around if Perry County wins that would be the biggest upset of the year! I personally don't think they stand a chance nor will they ever! And whitenight is right all anybody can bring up in this forum is that Perry County has the game won already and how they beat them in the 8th grade well take this for a bit of advice nobody cares what happen 4 years ago and never will. This game is going to be played tomorrow and not 4 years in the future or 20 years in the past. Malcolm and Martin are better then Perry County's whole team and there is not much more you can say to that. Clarksville is going to win the game I would bet anything on it. All you Perry County fans think that Perry County is the team of the century and are almighty. Flash back for you the team you just lost to Summertown lost to Clarksville Academy 80 to 63 thats with there almighty Bubba Clifton! They showed that team up and at that in the 4th quarter put there second string in. So lets not get to ahead of are selves Perry County is not that great of a team. There good but they will not win. (Personally Opinion)

If CA shoots like they did against McEwen the other night i dont see anyone even coming close to beating them. They will have to have a off night good luck with that happening in there own gym. Edited by 5510

Hey, PC, I wish you luck--you will need it. Mr Bball will school Tucker, thats a promise. I know anything can happen, but it will take a PERFECT game for you to win. You say that Stown got lucky-I say your defenders should have played better-we were the better team and say what you will, but Stown BEAT you in the one that mattered most!!! Even if we end up losing, it will be better to lose on a 1 game skid than lose your last 2. CA wins this by 20 or more.

I believe that PC will have to come out and play their type of game to pull out a victory. With their quickness in transistion offense, they have been unstoppable all season. It's just if they come out and play like they know how to play. I'm familiar with CA's front court but was wondering how good are their guards. I've seen Dray Mercer play all season and he is by far the quickest guard I've seen all year. If he can come out and really set the tone early and push the ball up the floor, it will make for a very interesting game. Our front court will definitely have their hands full. Boxing out will have to be done for PC every time the shot goes up if we want a victory. All five on the floor at each time will have to execute the offense pick it up on defense. I've seen too many teams lose games due to poor defense. Anyways, I look forward to seeing a great game between two talented teams and hope whoever wins the best in the state tournament. See you in Clarksville!!!

"Offense wins Games, Defense wins Championships!"

I saw a post in this thread saying Coach Haston would have the perfect game plan for this game. Would that be anything similar to the one he used at Mt Pleasant that got you beat in the Region 6A Championship?

Thank you for your intellect VC, we are always so glad to hear from a award-winning sports journalist like yourself who is in the know!!! Big deal PC lost in the 6A Region Championship, They already have more than Stown will ever have, but thinks for your two cents im sure everyone wanted as they always do, Win or Lose tonight PC has had a great year as they will again next year!!

I saw a post in this thread saying Coach Haston would have the perfect game plan for this game. Would that be anything similar to the one he used at Mt Pleasant that got you beat in the Region 6A Championship?

BTW it said a good game plan, just getting your facts straight they get a little obscured sometimes, he cant put a perfect game plan together, you are the only thing that is perfect. Like you said earlier it will suck to end losing two in a row, but I remember Stown losing two in a row last year in the same situation, and if they lose tonight that will be choking in the big game two times now!!

The coach can only put the plan together; the players have to execute and defensively, we did not, as was evident of the way ST shot the ball (which they just happen to 'be on" that night). Had they shot 50%, they were beat, but hats off to them for their intesity. Just a side note W/L for the last three years: PC 6, ST 3.

So don't think in was all coaching from either end. Even coach Lee was 4-1 over his two years against Trotter. Trotter is not near as good as you guys give him credit. The players have to make the plays and they are the ones who make a coach look good or bad.

The coach can only put the plan together; the players have to execute and defensively, we did not, as was evident of the way ST shot the ball (which they just happen to 'be on" that night). Had they shot 50%, they were beat, but hats off to them for their intesity. Just a side note W/L for the last three years: PC 6, ST 3.

So don't think in was all coaching from either end. Even coach Lee was 4-1 over his two years against Trotter. Trotter is not near as good as you guys give him credit. The players have to make the plays and they are the ones who make a coach look good or bad.

Out of 4 games this season, the record is 2-2 with Summertown winning the one that counted. But lets move beyond that.

Crazy things can and sometimes do happen. The 2 Mr Basketball finalists may both get into foul trouble and be ineffective and give PC a decided advantage. I just dont see this happening. Lately I have been seeing officials letting the kids play and trying not to be a deciding factor in the games. If they let them play, PC doesn't match up with CA on the inside, not even in their wildestr dreams. Therefore, PC would have to win this game from the outside. They could do it, but it would take an Ohio State shoting night to pull this off. TO reference what that means, check out the OSU-Wiscy game from yesterday where OSU hit 14 3's in a row.