McEwen @ Summertown

follower93

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who win substate if each team plays to there capability?

• Summertown
    • McEwen

McEwen fans...

You can (and probably need to) pick up your Sectional/Substate ticket at the McEwen High Schoool main office tomorrow afternoon between 1-2PM. They should also be on sale in the office throughout all of Monday's school day. It is important that you get your tickets early as Summertown has a small gym (simialar to McEwen's old gym) and they might close the gates early per fire code regulations... If you wait until Monday night at the gate, you might have to wait outside or drive back home early... I believe per the TSSAA the visiting team is alotted 50% of the tickets up front, get your tickets early and often...

This will be the most hostile environment McEwen has played at in several years... Visitor seating can play a huge role in this game... McEwen needs to travel well this game and use the gym to their advantage...

McEwen fans...

You can (and probably need to) pick up your Sectional/Substate ticket at the McEwen High Schoool main office tomorrow afternoon between 1-2PM. They should also be on sale in the office throughout all of Monday's school day. It is important that you get your tickets early as Summertown has a small gym (simialar to McEwen's old gym) and they might close the gates early per fire code regulations... If you wait until Monday night at the gate, you might have to wait outside or drive back home early... I believe per the TSSAA the visiting team is alotted 50% of the tickets up front, get your tickets early and often...

This will be the most hostile environment McEwen has played at in several years... Visitor seating can play a huge role in this game... McEwen needs to travel well this game and use the gym to their advantage...

Yes they do McEwen High School bought 465 tickets for the fans to come by and buy them so there would be sure to get a seat. I know that around 150 have already been bought and the student section will be sure to buy a good part of them come monday. So get them well there still there 7$ per a ticket.

~mtownballer~ made a good point this will be a very hostile enviroment for McEwen. I heard from some people that this district is dirty and rough so this should make out for a well fought out game. McEwen will need to stay out of foul trouble also or that could be a major problem. I would worry more about the Post then the PG in this game as they could get the worst in of it trying to block shots when they drive in.

Edited by follower93

I've seen both teams play. Summertown wins this game by 10-12 points.

Summertown has BIG advantage with home court. Their student section was pretty rowdy during the regions at Mt. Pleasant.

McEwen's point guard is a pretty darn good player in his own right. But he's no Bubba Clifton. If Summertown knocks down Clifton's kickout 3s, S-town wins easily. Summertown has a history of shooting VERY well at home. Oh, and FYI, I personally love going to watch games at their gym.

McEwen does indeed has some length at pretty much all positions. But they certainly aren't going to put fear in Bubba Clifton. He drove the lane at ease against Mount pleasant (who had Princeton Harlan and TJ Smith watiting) and all he did was shoot floaters all night and get MP defenders in foul trouble. Good luck stopping his penetration.

I have not seen the Bubba Clifton ever play but what I hear is that's he is good but really all you would half to is play the inside of him and it will be very hard to drive in. If surely he did drive in if he was smart kick it out for the 3. And they could play man on that and since they have some height its alot harder to shoot over them. I could be wrong though... Still learning alittle more about basketball and not even close to being a expert..

Edited by follower93

Summertown Mcewen both teams can play the game or they would not be where there at.The key to this game will come down to turnovers and rebounds.Both teams can shoot the rock.Mcewen has the strong post play and can shoot the 3 ball.Summertown has the slash and drive to the rim and the kick out 3.The length of mcewen could hamper the outside game for summertown.I would have to give mcewen the nod on the boards,they have size and blockout well.Summertown has the edge on speed in the open court.Turnovers will be costly for both teams.Again its going to come down to who plays their game the best.Goodluck to both teams and give the fans a good clean game.See you there.

Summertown Mcewen both teams can play the game or they would not be where there at.The key to this game will come down to turnovers and rebounds.Both teams can shoot the rock.Mcewen has the strong post play and can shoot the 3 ball.Summertown has the slash and drive to the rim and the kick out 3.The length of mcewen could hamper the outside game for summertown.I would have to give mcewen the nod on the boards,they have size and blockout well.Summertown has the edge on speed in the open court.Turnovers will be costly for both teams.Again its going to come down to who plays their game the best.Goodluck to both teams and give the fans a good clean game.See you there.

I would defiently half to agree with you on the boards McEwen should have that in the bag. But like you said it will all depend on who is ready to play. For Ex: McEwen played Clarksville Academy and had the worst game ever this year. If they play like that again Summertown will blow them out of the water. Now if they play to there capability they shouldn't have a problem and Summertown better be ready for a team that is coming to win!

Edited by follower93

Saw something about the kids at summertown standing so close to the floor. McEwen knows how to do that too!!! Very intimidating and I will have to say, CA dreads the fans of McEwen, so Summertown should dread them too! They are faithful to the end and if they open up the 3s, look out summertown!!!

McEwen fans for sure come and support their team! And for sure the student section is very loud and sometimes get in trouble. But everybody does know that they're there and hate it. They are loud and everybody knows there coming and when they are leaving! That's one thing that nobody can take from McEwen is there fans and supporting doesn't matter how far it is.

The Summertown folks are giving your Warriors a hard time on the Summertown vs. McEwen feed on the message board. They don't know what your team is capable of in this sport. I have seen McEwen kick the back ends of some very good teams, and I believe they have been ranked most of the season. CA played summertown last year and shut down their star player. McEwen can do that do, he's good, but not unstoppable. The Region 5 championship game was not vintage mcewen b ball, they did have a bad night, I hope McEwen wins and shows Summertown the door in their own gym. It will be a dog fight though, they don't quit!!

Agreed, Summertown will know what coming just as the game begins. It will be a long night for Summertown if McEwen comes ready to play to there capability! All the talk will stop and it will be game on for McEwen and Summertown better beable to keep up!

Agreed, Summertown will know what coming just as the game begins. It will be a long night for Summertown if McEwen comes ready to play to there capability! All the talk will stop and it will be game on for McEwen and Summertown better beable to keep up!

if there is one thing summertown knows how to do and that is keep up. McEwen will have their hands full. Seems like the forum is gettin lop sided in McEwen favor, dont be too cocky fellas :)

if there is one thing summertown knows how to do and that is keep up. McEwen will have their hands full. Seems like the forum is gettin lop sided in McEwen favor, dont be too cocky fellas :)

The first half of this forum was Summertown fans pulling for them to win and getting cocky. Now there are a few CA fans and McEwen fans pulling for McEwen because they know there capabitily of playing and what they can do thats all that was said. They weren't meant to be cocky just supporting there team!

You know people,we can get on here and say what we think,feel or believe and thats the great thing about coach t.I enjoy hearing about other teams and viewpoints from another fanbase.But whatever we say will not change the outcome of the game,that will be decided by the players,coaches,and sometimes the refs.You can call it cocky if you like but I have to pull for my home team.GO WARRIORS

The Barn an eye sore???? one of the best home court advantages in the state is what it is.

If the Eagles shoot like they did at WC they will be in trouble. If they come out and play like they did at Regions, I see them winning this game. McEwen is certainly no Clarksville Academy so their come-uppance may just happen Monday night.

The Barn an eye sore???? one of the best home court advantages in the state is what it is.

If the Eagles shoot like they did at WC they will be in trouble. If they come out and play like they did at Regions, I see them winning this game. McEwen is certainly no Clarksville Academy so their come-uppance may just happen Monday night.

Thanks again,I love to read your posts!!! Stown should win this game, but who knows, would hate to see Stown choke up in the substate again!!