McEwen @ Summertown

follower93

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who win substate if each team plays to there capability?

• Summertown
    • McEwen

The draw for the brackets will be held on Sunday afternoon. The Eagles will play on Wednesday, March 16th - the time and opponent will not be known until Sunday. The Semis are on Friday the 18th and Championships are on Saturday the 19th.

The draw will be Sat. morning at 10:00 A.M.

OK .The eye sore comment was a little to rash sorry about that.I know you love your gym,you had a big sign saying so.But your gym is too small to hold a district,regional,or sectional tournament game.If a firemarshall had been there alot of people would have to leave and your school would recieve a big fine unless the firemarshall is the mayor,chief of police,principal,or your coaches father.If a fire broke out alot of people would die becuase you cant get out quick enough.I know you love your gym,but a pig loves a mud hole too and you can only put so many pigs in a mud hole.CONGRATS on your victory but Perry County stole the spotlight last night.

OK .The eye sore comment was a little to rash sorry about that.I know you love your gym,you had a big sign saying so.But your gym is too small to hold a district,regional,or sectional tournament game.If a firemarshall had been there alot of people would have to leave and your school would recieve a big fine unless the firemarshall is the mayor,chief of police,principal,or your coaches father.If a fire broke out alot of people would die becuase you cant get out quick enough.I know you love your gym,but a pig loves a mud hole too and you can only put so many pigs in a mud hole.CONGRATS on your victory but Perry County stole the spotlight last night.

COMMENTS FROM A LOSER!

There would have been no fine. The gym was not over capacity. It seats 975. Were more than 975 tickets sold to the game? I don't think so.....

Summertown's gym is beautiful and historic. There is nothing wrong with Summertown's gym, and it definitely can hold a district, regional, or sectional tournament game, as was proven last night.

And, while we're at it, Perry County certainly deserves the spotlight for their OT upset victory last night. But, that doesn't mean that Summertown and the other six teams that are going to the 'boro are chump change.

There would have been no fine. The gym was not over capacity. It seats 975. Were more than 975 tickets sold to the game? I don't think so.....

Summertown's gym is beautiful and historic. There is nothing wrong with Summertown's gym, and it definitely can hold a district, regional, or sectional tournament game, as was proven last night.

And, while we're at it, Perry County certainly deserves the spotlight for their OT upset victory last night. But, that doesn't mean that Summertown and the other six teams that are going to the 'boro are chump change.

Well said StownEagle4Life......the point is, if you don't want to play in our gym, it's simple...you should have WON, that way you could host in whatever surroundings you prefer.

Coming from a McEwen fan... I absolutely love the gym, the atmosphere was amazing and it is almost exactly what you need (if your the host)for a class A sectional game... I will guarentee you there was no better setting in any classification in Tennessee than in S'town last night...

As for the game, S'town deserves to go to state... I can not take anything away from them. I do believe that McEwen could hang with them on any given night and could have very well beat them last night, but every play matters and unfortunately in the end... Summertown made a few more plays than McEwen did... At the end of the game I was more overall impressed with how Matthews (#24) played than I was Clifton (#12)... I was a little let down by #2 as well... In warm ups he literally hit %70 of his 3's, but when the game started he did not really even look for the open shot that much... Does he struggle to create/get open...?

Good luck to S'town in the state and hopefully McEwen can return the favor next year in Humphreys County if things work out...

The gym seating did seem questionable... According to TSSAA you have to have a seating capacity of 1000 to host a sectional game. I counted two sides, 90' long, with 7 rows... and one endzone, 30' long, with 7 rows... at 18" to a seat (TSSAA) I came up with about 1006 seats... and if you take out the seats where the wooden trusses (awsome) are at you get just below 1000. I would imagine that Trotter's Dad did a little talking to get the game at S'town for the sectionals this year instead of MTP in the past...