West TN Single A Sub-State Games

wardawg2038

Not gonna comment much on this other than to say Derrick Swift IS eligible. He enrolled in school at Lake Co. on Feb. 4 and sat out almost a month while waiting on TSSAA to make a ruling. LC received the letter from Bernard Childress on the day of the sub-state game. P&G don't be fooled by it being said some Hickman people we in LC know who in Fulton Co. is trying to start rumors and make acusations!! All the paperwork was done above board and if you need the proof I will frame the TSSAA letter signed by Bernard Childress and hang it behind the bench during the tournament!! The falcons played by the rules and that is the bottomline.Why would they jeopardize a season when they won the district and region titles without him playing?? Seriously think about it. This issue is more about a first year female coach leading a boys team to the state tournament in a program where a supposedly west tn legend couldn't. I am sure his ego is hurting right about now especially after the comments that were made in the UC messsenger after he was let go and Coach B was hired. Alright need to get off my soapbox now but this petty rumor stuff by people who have no clue gets under my skin!!

Thanks for clearing that up wardawg...The only way to find out something is to ask...There are some ticked off people over there in Hickman...They had a great season going on over there then lost one of their best players...Believe me, when I hear about one the kid's family members saying he won't be eligible for the tournament that kind of catches one's attention...

BTW...Coach Barger being a lady never even entered my thoughts when I posed the question...This is more about a kid that could have helped a program at Fulton County move on to a state tournament Sweet 16 experience...That is something that only comes around every 20 years or so (if that) for that program...Going to the Sweet 16 for Ky kids and Ky fans is very serious business...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic