West TN Single A Sub-State Games

wardawg2038

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, he is eligible for the state tournament. He played quite a bit in the sub state game.

oo7 and FalconNation...I know he was...I listened to the game...

Just wondering...Some family member's been telling folks from Hickman otherwise...To his defense though, I told the person I was talking to that had he been ruled ineligible for the tourney, I'd have a hard time seeing how LC would eligible...Anyway, be careful with those Hickman folks, they ruined a football season for Fulton City a few years back over somewhat the same thing...

Just wondering...Some family member's been telling folks from Hickman otherwise...To his defense though, I told the person I was talking to that had he been ruled ineligible for the tourney, I'd have a hard time seeing how LC would eligible...Anyway, be careful with those Hickman folks, they ruined a football season for Fulton City a few years back over somewhat the same thing...

I hate to be rude but next time be a little more pacific in asking for your information. All I heard is that he received his tssaa paper 2 hour before game time Monday night.

He's been at Lake Co for close to a month now,waiting on a ruling by the TSSAA.So I think Lake Co is in the clear.He will help no doubt but did look a good bit rusty in the sub-state game.

He's been at Lake Co for close to a month now,waiting on a ruling by the TSSAA.So I think Lake Co is in the clear.He will help no doubt but did look a good bit rusty in the sub-state game.

So if I understand correctly. The Tssaa has not ruled but we are letting him play anyway. That seems a bit risky. Wardawg, can you shed some light on this. We can certainly use his talent. But is it worth getting us disqualified. The team did make it there without him. It would be a crying shame for the guys who got us there to get kicked out of there from some late ruling. Is it worth taking that chance?

So if I understand correctly. The Tssaa has not ruled but we are letting him play anyway. That seems a bit risky. Wardawg, can you shed some light on this. We can certainly use his talent. But is it worth getting us disqualified. The team did make it there without him. It would be a crying shame for the guys who got us there to get kicked out of there from some late ruling. Is it worth taking that chance?

Speller.Where did you come up with that.Lake Co has not let him play all this time,waiting on the TSSAA.So I heard he was cleared during the day of the Sub-state game.

If you're reading into my post about them waiting for a month and then playing him,wasn't talking about them playing him without being cleared.They were having to wait for that whole month waiting on a TSSAA ruling.They would not have played him without him being cleared.Like you said,didn't play him in the district or region when they could have gone home..Like 007 said.I'm sure he was cleared that day.Lake Co would no way played him without getting the papers from the TSSAA.

Edited by mrbigster

Not gonna comment much on this other than to say Derrick Swift IS eligible. He enrolled in school at Lake Co. on Feb. 4 and sat out almost a month while waiting on TSSAA to make a ruling. LC received the letter from Bernard Childress on the day of the sub-state game. P&G don't be fooled by it being said some Hickman people we in LC know who in Fulton Co. is trying to start rumors and make acusations!! All the paperwork was done above board and if you need the proof I will frame the TSSAA letter signed by Bernard Childress and hang it behind the bench during the tournament!! The falcons played by the rules and that is the bottomline.Why would they jeopardize a season when they won the district and region titles without him playing?? Seriously think about it. This issue is more about a first year female coach leading a boys team to the state tournament in a program where a supposedly west tn legend couldn't. I am sure his ego is hurting right about now especially after the comments that were made in the UC messsenger after he was let go and Coach B was hired. Alright need to get off my soapbox now but this petty rumor stuff by people who have no clue gets under my skin!!

Not gonna comment much on this other than to say Derrick Swift IS eligible. He enrolled in school at Lake Co. on Feb. 4 and sat out almost a month while waiting on TSSAA to make a ruling. LC received the letter from Bernard Childress on the day of the sub-state game. P&G don't be fooled by it being said some Hickman people we in LC know who in Fulton Co. is trying to start rumors and make acusations!! All the paperwork was done above board and if you need the proof I will frame the TSSAA letter signed by Bernard Childress and hang it behind the bench during the tournament!! The falcons played by the rules and that is the bottomline.Why would they jeopardize a season when they won the district and region titles without him playing?? Seriously think about it. This issue is more about a first year female coach leading a boys team to the state tournament in a program where a supposedly west tn legend couldn't. I am sure his ego is hurting right about now especially after the comments that were made in the UC messsenger after he was let go and Coach B was hired. Alright need to get off my soapbox now but this petty rumor stuff by people who have no clue gets under my skin!!

[/quo

Edited by spellerone

I hear you loud and clear wardawg. I know that the B's are people of integrity. I knew that what I was reading didn't sound right. But I still felt like I had to ask the question since noone had replied to what Purple had to say. No news is not always good news. I thanked Bigster for his comments and now that you have commented I know that we can concentrate on basketball now. Good luck to the Falcons at state. I will be watching the game on Tssaa website and if we make it to the finals I will be there. GO FALCONS!!!