West TN Single A Sub-State Games

wardawg2038

Great game and great comeback LC!! So proud of those guys and Coach B. Final 8 in football now final 8 in basketball. These guys play so hard and are fun to watch. Stay focused and keep playing with the passion you have displayed during the tournament season!! You guys have tremendous heart. Go Green!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Lake Co. has a chance, but favorites?... c'mon now. Like I said, you guys have a chance and could win it, but I'm not sure about the clear cut favorite to win it and I'm sure others will agree with me. If anybody is the favorite now, it's CSAS as they were at state last year with this same team and nearly beat CA at state last year.

Lake Co have been playing very good basketball, and with the addition of Swift make them that much of a deeper team.Hey Bigster, Wardawg, 007,we going to state.lol.

Me and Chipper are going to MTSU to represent west TN. I guess I get the green out for LC, Bolivar, and White Station.

Actually wrote this as soon as I got home last night but my home computer and Coact T doesn't get along.Tried posting for an hour.All I get is error..30210 at home...Anyway.I saved it and emailed it to another computer this morning:

Great win.Coach B.Great job.A lot of people didn't believe but Lake Co

is in the Boro.I would think the storyline will be a woman coaching a

boys team and in her first year.I just think maybe people will see her

as a coach.Anyway.Lake Co fell behind in the first half by 7 points I

believe.Not that we played bad but just ythat Westwood was on fire and

hit some deep 3's.Lake Co finally got the lead at the end of the 3d

quarter 45-43 and never trailed again.Lake Co out rebounded Westwood

who had some athletes.Rafhael Tyler was really keyed on..a box and 1

for the game but made some miracle plays that Houdini would have been

proud of.Ralfhael finished with 19.Also Ricky Boyd played well with 21

points.Devon Jones had about 10.Gauldin played well.Zay had some big

plays when Lake Co really needed it.Thw whole team played well.Also of

note.Lake Co just got a little better.Derek Swift played tonight.Could

tell he wasn't in basketball shape after about a month off but he did

put Lake Co around at 45-43 on a shot and also had a basket when he

went way over the rim on a put back.Also had some key rebounds and a

couple blocks.Plus extra fouls to give now.So now Lake Co is deep at

the guard spots,down low.A lot different team or at least can be.No

doubt they are better athletically now.Plus have about 10 days to

really work with him.Congrats Lake Co and coach B.Wish Humboldt would

have won.That's why the home game was probably very important.

I think Lake Co. has a chance, but favorites?... c'mon now. Like I said, you guys have a chance and could win it, but I'm not sure about the clear cut favorite to win it and I'm sure others will agree with me. If anybody is the favorite now, it's CSAS as they were at state last year with this same team and nearly beat CA at state last year.

I'll agree.Plus Middleton is very tough,Hampton,Perry co..But I think what a Lot of Lake Co people are saying is at least on paper,Lake Co is a better team with the addition of Swift.You could tell he's out of shape but on the tip over the rim with both hands,could tell what he can do.also gives Lake Co 5 more fouls so now you have Gauldin at about 6'7,Caleb Bledoe,close to 6'5 and Devon Jones,Swift around 6'3 but can really jump and Ricky Boyd at about 6'2.So now Lake Co has extra bodies to go down low and have always had about 4 guards.So they can play a lot of people.I think Westwood may have played 1 sub.Lake Co has won about the last 11 of 12 games and have been playing excellent ball,evident by the Halls,Trenton,Union City blowouts,the wins over Middleton and Humboldt and I don't know how things will work out but with the addition of Swift..Lake Co just got better.

Where is Bigster? I been looking on here to get his thoughts about the game.Bigster u still out there celebrating. Lol

I actually posted last night as soon as I got home and tried for about an hour and gave up.Always got an error..20310 ever what that is.So copied off what I had written ,sent it to my email and posted it this morning.

Me and Chipper are going to MTSU to represent west TN. I guess I get the green out for LC, Bolivar, and White Station.

Make sure you get some Green for Chipper also.I think he would look a lot better with Lake Co green that that ole ugly Union City purple..lol

Didn't realize until minutes ago that Westwood had all their starters returning fron the State tournament team and also added City University's best player to the team.Shows what Lake Co can do if they play team ball.Congrats Falcons.

Edited by mrbigster

007 my guy i agree with bigster make sure you get chipper some green also would be lovely for both girls and boys to bring that gold home congrats to coach barger and the guys the hardwork paid off see you guys in the boro...

007 my guy i agree with bigster make sure you get chipper some green also would be lovely for both girls and boys to bring that gold home congrats to coach barger and the guys the hardwork paid off see you guys in the boro...

I don't know if he has that in his wardrobe. He keeps rocking the purple and gold.lol