Craigmont AAA State Champs

Memphis89

Craigmont has maybe the most intense intimidating pressure defense I have ever seen from a High School team....yes, more intense than the nationally ranked Liberty team. Liberty was a better offensive team a GREAT pressure defense. But, what I saw out of Craigmont defensively was JAW DROPPING. I've seen all the Memphis powers this year except Craigmont....NOW I KNOW WHAT THE HANDFULL OF MEMPHIS FANS ON HERE WERE TALKING ABOUT.

I can only speak to what I saw today. If this Craigmont team was like that all season they should have been the favorite all along as far as the Memphis teams go.

Oh, and Sam Craft is going to be a star one day. This kid is going to be really really good. He won't be under the radar for long. I expect him to have a breakout spring/summer on the circuit.

Bearden deserves credit for hanging with Craigmont. But, I don't think their is any doubt Craigmont was the best team in the state this season. Craigmont has a really good coach.....impressive. I like how he trust his guys and the system....he doesn't fold like some other coaches would, some would shorten the rotation in a game like today. THE DEFENSE IS RELENTLESS!!!!!!!!!!!

Yankee i agree Craigmont has been under the radar all season. Their style of play is very difficult to deal with for 32 minutes. They keep coming in waves with different players, much different from the Liberty teams. My hat goes off to them because all season most would have said White Station and Melrose would be there in the end. They took down Melrose twice and wore down WS in the semifinal game...Craft is a gamer plus they have quite a few gamers coming up from the Middle school so look out next year...

Memphis prevails once again and Craigmont isn't losing much, Ridgeway, East, Southwind, and Central are all bringing back probably their most talented teams in awhile. Better luck next year Bearden smh Memphis STAND UP.

Memphis didnt win, craigmont won and deservingly so. All you chumps that talk smack about Memphis basketball threw Craigmont under the bus and said Hollins and the beloved WS gonna win it all! Now you getting on here beating your chest like you supported them all along! Not one of you expected bearden to loose to Craigmont, you didn't say nothing until after the game! LMAO!!!

Memphis didnt win, craigmont won and deservingly so. All you chumps that talk smack about Memphis basketball threw Craigmont under the bus and said Hollins and the beloved WS gonna win it all! Now you getting on here beating your chest like you supported them all along! Not one of you expected bearden to loose to Craigmont, you didn't say nothing until after the game! LMAO!!!

Who is your team, you are on all the threads just talking. Craigmont is located in Memphis. No one threw Craigmont under the bus,

In fact, what was said all year is, who ever comes out of Memphis, will win the championship.

Dude you just joined a week ago and you're just shooting out the side of your mouth...Luckily WS and Craigmont were in the same bracket or your beloved Bearden wouldn't have been in the championship and you wouldn't have anything to post lol...Now go back and hide chump

Umm Hollins was the BEST player at the tournament and the only people picking Bearden to win were non-Memphis fans and I'll say this every year, once Southwind gets eliminated I root for Memphis and thats all that matters. Memphis has own the state championships the past decade so we deserve the right to talk smack! All the Middle and East TN teams can have the gaudy stats and records, but we'll take the hardware next year beware of a few names like these:

Cameron Golden

Nick King

Jajuan Johnson

Blake Johnson

Anthlon Bell

See ya next year hopefully you can stop this Memphis dominance, but I think you just missed your window, because the 2012-2014 classes are LOADED.

great defensive team... unsure they were better defensively than the Liberty team a few years ago and weren't in the same league defensively as the mid 90 science hill teams that pressed the memphis teams..oak hill etc to a number 3 national ranking by usa today. Their press was the best I've seen. I will say craigmont and breaden were a lot of fun to watch because of the effort they played with. Craigmont gained my respect those 3 days great defensive team.

Craigmont has maybe the most intense intimidating pressure defense I have ever seen from a High School team....yes, more intense than the nationally ranked Liberty team. Liberty was a better offensive team a GREAT pressure defense. But, what I saw out of Craigmont defensively was JAW DROPPING. I've seen all the Memphis powers this year except Craigmont....NOW I KNOW WHAT THE HANDFULL OF MEMPHIS FANS ON HERE WERE TALKING ABOUT.

I can only speak to what I saw today. If this Craigmont team was like that all season they should have been the favorite all along as far as the Memphis teams go.

Oh, and Sam Craft is going to be a star one day. This kid is going to be really really good. He won't be under the radar for long. I expect him to have a breakout spring/summer on the circuit.

Bearden deserves credit for hanging with Craigmont. But, I don't think their is any doubt Craigmont was the best team in the state this season. Craigmont has a really good coach.....impressive. I like how he trust his guys and the system....he doesn't fold like some other coaches would, some would shorten the rotation in a game like today. THE DEFENSE IS RELENTLESS!!!!!!!!!!!

great defensive team... unsure they were better defensively than the Liberty team a few years ago and weren't in the same league defensively as the mid 90 science hill teams that pressed the memphis teams..oak hill etc to a number 3 national ranking by usa today. Their press was the best I've seen. I will say craigmont and breaden were a lot of fun to watch because of the effort they played with. Craigmont gained my respect those 3 days great defensive team.

Craigmont was hardly mentioned in the discussions of top Memphis teams leading up to the Regionals and State. That leads me to believe they weren't consideredon of the top 4 or 5 teams in Memphis. Watching Memphis HS basketball during the regular season must be the best dollar value a sports fan can find. I get to see the best in E.Tn. and would rather watch HS (boys and girls) than UT. I'm retired so maybe I can figure out a way to spent next season in Memphis. Used to enjoy the State but TSSAA has manage to take the fun out of it. No lunch break, all the best seats saved for those that never show up and pricing students out of it. It's too bad these kids work so hard to play before such pitiful crowds.