Top Ten 6A teams in 2011

jrlcm

Blackhaven you're misinformed about Gtown. They lose alot on their O-Line, QB, and 2 of their top 3 running backs and a couple of guys in their LB corps. They'll have alot to replace and might seriously be considering moving to a more modern offense due to their loses.

Really??? I actually thought they had a bunch of Soph. and JR. last season. Thanks for the info. I guess I would replace them with Franklin in my top 6A teams then.

Blackman (I-train is the real deal)

Riverdale (Their young QB is Legit)

White Station (Coach Devin Rutherford is good at what he do)

Maryville (GQ is the BEST COACH in the State)

Oakland (They seem to be consistantly up there)

Brentwood (They got a lot of that old Riverdale juice I hear)

Smyrna (It's gonna be hard replacing Bryson but they may have the coaching staff to do it)

Oak Ridge (Have they gotten back to their old selves???)

DB (They do struggle with the whole ONE and DONE thing though)

Franklin (Mainly because a lot of other posters are talking about them)

Skill guy wise for the most part they were, but at the key positions in their system they had Seniors, but they bring back Lowe so they should be fine, but I hear Sheldon Dawson is going to Whitehaven, I watched him torch Southwind and came away more impressed with him than Walton. Solid Corner, Explosive athlete, Gamebreaker.

Skill guy wise for the most part they were, but at the key positions in their system they had Seniors, but they bring back Lowe so they should be fine, but I hear Sheldon Dawson is going to Whitehaven, I watched him torch Southwind and came away more impressed with him than Walton. Solid Corner, Explosive athlete, Gamebreaker.

If Sheldon is coming to da Haven, there's gonna be trouble, trouble for the rest of the State. That young man is beep-beep Roadrunner fast (No Pun intented)!!! He could be a grand asset for us at Whitehaven, but I'll believe it when I see it. :popcorneater::shock:

If Sheldon is coming to da Haven, there's gonna be trouble, trouble for the rest of the State. That young man is beep-beep Roadrunner fast (No Pun intented)!!! He could be a grand asset for us at Whitehaven, but I'll believe it when I see it. :popcorneater::shock:

Don't sleep on MCHS. They will be more like the 07, 08 teams that went undefeated in the regular season. Plenty of skill players complimented by a good group of OL's and DL's. Go Trojans!!

• 2 weeks later...

Franklin should definitely be in the discussion, with a lot of returning starters and players with experience. Kuivinen is entering his third year as a starter with a phenomenal skill set, who is being scouted by a lot of D1 schools. Their top running backs are returning as well after suffering ACL tears, as well as their top receiver (TE Page). On defense, a large number of starters are returning, including a couple solid secondary players at Saftey and corner, a number of athletic all-around athletes at LB, and arguably one of the best defensive lineman in TN (Ramirez_, along with an impact player at DE...Overall they look to be one of the most complete teams in the state, and are sure to make a run behind the arm of Kuivinen, and a shutdown defense.

Franklin should definitely be in the discussion, with a lot of returning starters and players with experience. Kuivinen is entering his third year as a starter with a phenomenal skill set, who is being scouted by a lot of D1 schools. Their top running backs are returning as well after suffering ACL tears, as well as their top receiver (TE Page). On defense, a large number of starters are returning, including a couple solid secondary players at Saftey and corner, a number of athletic all-around athletes at LB, and arguably one of the best defensive lineman in TN (Ramirez_, along with an impact player at DE...Overall they look to be one of the most complete teams in the state, and are sure to make a run behind the arm of Kuivinen, and a shutdown defense.

Franklin wont be in the discussion once the season starts. Sorry about that. The only Williamson County team that will do anything this season is Brentwood. Franklin will get their wins from a weak Williamson county, will get some hype (typical Franklin over-hype), will get in the playoffs, and will go home quickly.

Franklin wont be in the discussion once the season starts. Sorry about that. The only Williamson County team that will do anything this season is Brentwood. Franklin will get their wins from a weak Williamson county, will get some hype (typical Franklin over-hype), will get in the playoffs, and will go home quickly.

Ok, I understand that Brentwood is "always good" and has "great depth", but how are they THAT much into the discussion. What or excuse me, who does Brentwood have? They lose a MASSIVE amount of starters, and really good ones at that: Clay Webber, Tyson Ashcraft, Ethan Stanley, several linemen including big 77 going to duke, Josh Killet. I know they still have Chudi and Nick Coffee, but honestly, this rising senior class has had their butts handed to them freshman and jv years; even by independence. They were blown out of the water by Independence 27-2, I believe either 2012's freshman year or one of the past two years in jv. I know jv doesn't mean much, but the games were completely out of hand, and I'm not saying Independence will beat Brentwood but it's just something to bring up. Brentwood is losing a ton of their secondary, their district player of the year QB, and their line? IDK how they are supposed to replace all of that and still dominate...

Smyrna will NOT be part of the top half this year.

No Coaching (lost a good one to the Green Wave)and I heard that maybe one of thier top d-backs will not be eligible.

So Sad!

I disagree, way too much senior talent to be that bad. Tough I do believe if they don't get it done this year, it gets real thin next year and for at least two years following that. Riverdale will be good for the next two years, then they will experience some drop off. Lavegene is Lavergne too much drama on and off the field. Blackman will be good this year, but will drop off next and rebound the following.

Oakland will lack leadership this year, but will rebound next and Seigal looks to be rising but will have to earn on the field. Junior class is ok, but help is on the way. :popcorneater:

I disagree, way too much senior talent to be that bad. Tough I do believe if they don't get it done this year, it gets real thin next year and for at least two years following that. Riverdale will be good for the next two years, then they will experience some drop off. Lavegene is Lavergne too much drama on and off the field. Blackman will be good this year, but will drop off next and rebound the following.

Oakland will lack leadership this year, but will rebound next and Seigal looks to be rising but will have to earn on the field. Junior class is ok, but help is on the way. :popcorneater:

Riverdale will be the team but Smyrna will STINK!

Riverdale will be the team but Smyrna will STINK!

Riverdale lost a lot up front and in the secondary, good news is the QB is really good and the cubbard is not bare atleast for the next couple years. Symrner is a different story, though the did lose alot, their rising senior class went undefeated in the seventh grade, eight grade and as freshmen.

That freshmen football team may have been the best freshmen team I have ever seen. :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad