Oakland football in rebuilding mode?

nrgrizzlies

Red and White Game will be on the 17th and for the first time that I know of it will be under the lights. Check out the new website www. oaklandfootball.net for all spring info.

I looked at the site the other day and didn't see a time for the game (scrimmage)

Have you heard any more details???

Thanks

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Man I used to spend so many hours a day on here as this name and TerranceJay! anyways a little behind so anyone know anything on Oakland???

Oakland won the 7 on 7 this past weekend at MTSU. They looked very good and had lots of young guys step up and show that they are ready to be playmakers. The OL/DL I am not so sure about. Wright will miss his Senior season due to more problems with his knee. Some of those guys are going to have to grow up fast.

How about that Justin Barrett kid? i hear he is a really good player and his brother Austin Barrett i hear some good stuff about them a lot.

His development is key to how well Oakland performs on the defensive side, a candidate for all-district if he improves like he did last year. Austin Barrett will be very solid for years to come, but the youngest one ( I think he is a freshman) may end up being the best of them all

His development is key to how well Oakland performs on the defensive side, a candidate for all-district if he improves like he did last year. Austin Barrett will be very solid for years to come, but the youngest one ( I think he is a freshman) may end up being the best of them all

Looking forward to Austin stepping up big on that line this year.

Nice article in the DNJ today about the new "smash and dash". I personally like the Willis kid. He is the downhill power runner that Oakland fans have watched for the last three years. Hurry up August 1 so I can hear the pads "clack clack!!! Go Patriots

I am right there with you. Like I said on my preseason preview, I think Willis has just as much potential as any of them. He gives Oakland that threat at FB that they have missed for the last few years