Oakland football in rebuilding mode?

nrgrizzlies

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, this old man has Kentucky bluegrass under his feet these days. My weekends in the Boro will be few and far between this year but I will keep my ear glued to WGNS online to help me control my Oakland fix.

OHS has a lot of young talent , and looks to have a real strong group of freshmen coming in. In fact, my sources say there are two of them that may see some varsity time before it is all said and done. Development is the key and we shall see exactly what this staff is made of this year. There were some bumps and bruises from within at the end of the year and seeing how they are able to blend back together is key to success. Sometimes you have to "coach to the kid" instead of coaching them all the same way. Different techniques work with some and ruin others. Finding that balance can be tough for young guys . I feel we are going to excel this year.

Keep your thoughts with Coach Rick Collins and family. He is an asst principal at OHS, and former football coach at Riverdale. He collapsed at breakfast in Indiana with his heart and had to be revived. They have to do bypass surgery on him.

Thanks 2p! Great to see you post on here again! We sure do miss you! Thanks for letting us know about Coach Collins! Wonderful man! Will keep him and his family in our prayers! Hope all is well with you too! :thumb:

Hope Coach Rick does well. Sorry to hear of anyone having heart trouble, lost my Dad to that.

Speaking of hearts LOD how's yours doing? Haven't heard or seen you on the T but it is kind of a quite time.

Happy Easter to all Remember the reason for the season.

Edited by bounder

Does anybody have the date/time of the Oakland red-white game? Also who do Blackman and Oakland scrimmage this spring? Anybody have dates/times on those. (even though with some kids still in track and baseball, it may be hard to judge what will happen in the fall)

Red and White Game will be on the 17th and for the first time that I know of it will be under the lights. Check out the new website www. oaklandfootball.net for all spring info.

Does anybody have the date/time of the Oakland red-white game? Also who do Blackman and Oakland scrimmage this spring? Anybody have dates/times on those. (even though with some kids still in track and baseball, it may be hard to judge what will happen in the fall)

I believe Blackman scrimmages Buckhorn (Alabama) on May 13 in Alabama.

• 2 weeks later...