D1AA

SCOOBYDOO25

Guest rooster37643

i dont think it was her decision to quit,it was her mom and dad i think! to bad her dad and mon made this decision,it would have been her the next two years,in the circle.this will not hurt unicoi county softball in the lease !good luck miss k-s where ever you go

My guess is that after some of the team went to their prom Saturday night and then come back Sunday and got to start. Myself I think it was nice on the coaches part not to punish the young ladies for going to a once in a life time experience. I don't know for sure but I bet that the parents thought she should have pitched Sunday also. O well at least the team won't have to listen to the threats any more. Parents could have just made a great mistake in their daughters life as far as college is concerned.

Guest rooster37643

Based on head to head games against a good hitting Science Hill team, looks like Silvers can hold her own with any team in East Tennessee. Her numbers a lot better than the other one.

yea right. we are tired of hearing for the past year and a 1/2 that she should be pitching over a 3 time All State pitcher. Should be less stress on team and parents. Might not be as easy as they think. What coach would want an uncoachable player. Uncoachable as in having to cater to the parents. I'm sure there is a North Carolina team that might not have heard. Any way I'd say team says good luck and good riddance.

Edited by rooster37643

Guest rooster37643

Based on head to head games against a good hitting Science Hill team, looks like Silvers can hold her own with any team in East Tennessee. Her numbers a lot better than the other one.

Who is this parent or grandparent?

How did Kingston look against such a powerhouse? I wasn't able to get there and wan't an unbiased opinion. These are a bunch of young girls and glad to see they played well.

BigMo, How's your Kingston ladies doing in the Gibbs Tournament, and is Mica better or still healing. Best Wishes, Unicoi. We went 2-0 tonight in the Topper tournament. Beat the George Clarks Ky Team 6-3, 2 unearned runs, Beat Sullivan South 20-2 nothing to say about that, other then they tried hard! There S.S. smallest on team and a fire ball of a player! She will go places don't know her name.

yea right. we are tired of hearing for the past year and a 1/2 that she should be pitching over a 3 time All State pitcher. Should be less stress on team and parents. Might not be as easy as they think. What coach would want an uncoachable player. Uncoachable as in having to cater to the parents. I'm sure there is a North Carolina team that might not have heard. Any way I'd say team says good luck and good riddance.

Pitching is a tremendous committment for any player who chooses to play the position. And...no matter how big the powerhouse is, or, how many allstate pitchers/players a team may carry, there are always times to get players in the game who might not get the play time that others see. I think it is very unfortunate when a program doesn't recognize or invest in their future talent. You can't expect any player to continue to work their butt off day after day and sit the bench game afer game. After all, 1 player doesn't make a team and what kind of message does it send when a team is built around 1 or 2 players. Having a successful program means the very essence of the word "team". No one wants to be ridiculed or labled a "quitter", but I have seen players who tend to regress and make fundamental errors they would not normally make, for fear that if they don't do well, they may not get a second chance. As a coach, I tell my players, if you expect me to be committed 100% to you, then you better be 100% committed to me and your team.

These are not bad people and this young lady is a teenage girl. You people who are criticizing their decision ought to be ashamed of yourselves. Sometimes, it IS better to quit while you are ahead and not let 1 diminsional coaching decisions take away a players spirit and pride in the hard work they show every single day. Unicoi County has suffered the biggest loss, and they will probably realize that next year. I don't want to take anything away from the Sr. pitcher, I am sure she is a great girl. Good teams need more diminsion and players that push each other to become the best they can be. They also ALL should be 100% committed to the effort and success of their team. Best of luck to you Kacey, and your parents. Your decision took alot of courage. Keep your head up and remember the cream always rises to the top

• Upvote 1

Guest rooster37643

Pitching is a tremendous committment for any player who chooses to play the position. And...no matter how big the powerhouse is, or, how many allstate pitchers/players a team may carry, there are always times to get players in the game who might not get the play time that others see. I think it is very unfortunate when a program doesn't recognize or invest in their future talent. You can't expect any player to continue to work their butt off day after day and sit the bench game afer game. After all, 1 player doesn't make a team and what kind of message does it send when a team is built around 1 or 2 players. Having a successful program means the very essence of the word "team". No one wants to be ridiculed or labled a "quitter", but I have seen players who tend to regress and make fundamental errors they would not normally make, for fear that if they don't do well, they may not get a second chance. As a coach, I tell my players, if you expect me to be committed 100% to you, then you better be 100% committed to me and your team.

These are not bad people and this young lady is a teenage girl. You people who are criticizing their decision ought to be ashamed of yourselves. Sometimes, it IS better to quit while you are ahead and not let 1 diminsional coaching decisions take away a players spirit and pride in the hard work they show every single day. Unicoi County has suffered the biggest loss, and they will probably realize that next year. I don't want to take anything away from the Sr. pitcher, I am sure she is a great girl. Good teams need more diminsion and players that push each other to become the best they can be. They also ALL should be 100% committed to the effort and success of their team. Best of luck to you Kacey, and your parents. Your decision took alot of courage. Keep your head up and remember the cream always rises to the top

In other words what you are saying is that if a player isn't as good as the one ahead of them the coach should play the weaker player just to keep them and their parents happy.Isn't pitching every now and then good enough. Is it a disgrace to pitch JV ball? Most players can play more than 1 position. Is pitching all this one does? From what I've read and heard the coach has done everything he can to get her playing time. No it isn't the teams loss it is the player that quit lose. They let all their friends down as well as their school and community.It may be hard from here on out. No coach will want to put themselves in a position to have to hear all the time I'm the star or I'm going to quit. Too bad for the childhood friends they are giving up to be I team.If they was any kind of team player they could have waited another month then the position was hers. Oh well their loss. No team needs a player like that anyway.

• Upvote 1

Guest rooster37643

I guess the coach TNWLightning had a lot to do with turning her into a quitter. Wonder how many other players lives he has hurt. For his benefit no doubt.