Oak Ridge Football

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very sad...when did soccer take over football as the sport in OR?? makes me wanna puke

Didn't they get a grant or something to do the soccer field? I do agree that Blankenship is terrible. Someone needs to determine that it is a health risk or something (find asbestos)then there will be money available.

I thought that the school board was paying some of the money, along with the boosters, plus a huge grant of some kind.

Winning big again might make Oak Ridge into a football school again. It's been a while since anyone other than track won anything, I think, and that includes soccer.

I thought that the school board was paying some of the money, along with the boosters, plus a huge grant of some kind.

Winning big again might make Oak Ridge into a football school again. It's been a while since anyone other than track won anything, I think, and that includes soccer.

How did the girls BBall team do?

OR has always been and always will be a football school. And the track teams have always won Ian. OR has always had a great track team, even going back to the Ben Martin days in the 50' and 60's...he won 8 state track titles at OR, that is nothing new man.

OR has always been and always will be a football school. And the track teams have always won Ian. OR has always had a great track team, even going back to the Ben Martin days in the 50' and 60's...he won 8 state track titles at OR, that is nothing new man.

BTW, OR and Bradley Central are tied at number 1 for the most championships as a whole in every sport for public schools. Both have 37 state titles.

I don't know about Ben Martin, but boys track has won 7 titles according to TSSAA. Boys cross country has won 8 and girls cross country 6. I think I was confusing track and cross country because TSSAA doesn't list an OR track championship since the 1960s but it lists a bunch of cross country titles.

Of course football has 7.

I don't know about Ben Martin, but boys track has won 7 titles according to TSSAA. Boys cross country has won 8 and girls cross country 6. I think I was confusing track and cross country because TSSAA doesn't list an OR track championship since the 1960s but it lists a bunch of cross country titles.

Of course football has 7.

Yes, some say we should have 8 in football, just depends who you talk to lol...Yes, Ben Martin was the track coach for OR in the 50's and 60's won 7 or 8 titles, i guess whatever tssaa says. We placed 5th in the whole state this past year, and will be great again next year more than likely. We always have a very solid boys track team. Cross country we are dominant in, both girls and boys.

Don't normally post on the Football boards(I moderate the soccer boards here). I am the Girl's Head Soccer Coach at Oak Ridge. There was a large donation to do the work on the field. Both the Boy's and Girl's boosters matched a commitment from our funds. The school committed to the needed utilities for the project. Overall, the donation is over 90% of the funding. We had this rare opportunity for the upgrade or it would still be years down the road while we tried to fund raise the money on our own.

Hope that doesn't come off the wrong way. I just wanted to clarify that situation. I'll be the first to help raise funds for other upgrades, especially Football. Coach Blade has us back to Oak Ridge Football. I am really excited for the season to get going!

On a side note....Has anyone seen the new Oak Ridge Wildcat scarfs? They look awesome!!!!!

Don't normally post on the Football boards(I moderate the soccer boards here). I am the Girl's Head Soccer Coach at Oak Ridge. There was a large donation to do the work on the field. Both the Boy's and Girl's boosters matched a commitment from our funds. The school committed to the needed utilities for the project. Overall, the donation is over 90% of the funding. We had this rare opportunity for the upgrade or it would still be years down the road while we tried to fund raise the money on our own.

Hope that doesn't come off the wrong way. I just wanted to clarify that situation. I'll be the first to help raise funds for other upgrades, especially Football. Coach Blade has us back to Oak Ridge Football. I am really excited for the season to get going!

On a side note....Has anyone seen the new Oak Ridge Wildcat scarfs? They look awesome!!!!!

I like the Coach Blade has us back to Oak Ridge comment!!! :thumb: