3A Ap poll

fishy

What do the 3A teams in east Tennessee have to do to stay at the top of the polls? AC was ranked 3, beat #8 Kingston soundly and drops to 4th. We may not get the respect, but I promise the state champion will come from region 2-3A. AC, Fulton, or Austin East will win it all.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only state ranking that matters is the final one....I wouldn't worry about the AP. Covington is ranked #2 and they don't and won't play diddly squat until the quarter, semi or maybe even the championship game. Alot will unfold this weekend to see just how good the Yellowjackets of Trousdale Co. are this year as they make the short trip over to Carthage to play this Smith Co. I will say the winner of the game between the survivor of region 2 and region 4 (I think 4th round) will produce the state champ!!!

Go "MIGHTY" OWLS!! ;)

Posted by fishy:

AC was ranked 3, beat #8 Kingston soundly and drops to 4th....... We may not get the respect, but I promise the state champion will come from region 2-3A. AC, Fulton, or Austin East

Hey Fishy, who jumped AC and ended up #3? I haven't seen the AP Poll. Nah, I wouldn't put much stock in the polls yet.

Posted by Prepfootball:

u dont know who covington plays it doesnt matter justt know that your owls want do diddy squat if u dont have anything good to say shut your mouth

Covington's opponents have a whopping 18 wins & 37 losses!!

Congratulations on an 9-0 regular season! (That was NICE!) :(

I was just saying you don't play anybody because you don't exception to Obion Co. You ever thought of learning how to type before you get on here and make a fool out of yourself? Great season COVINGTON!!! 9-0!!! Hope to see ya in the playoffs!! :( (That was NICE too!)

[Edited by bigreid on 10-8-02 11:05P]

Posted by fishy:

What do the 3A teams in east Tennessee have to do to stay at the top of the polls? AC was ranked 3, beat #8 Kingston soundly and drops to 4th. We may not get the respect, but I promise the state champion will come from region 2-3A. AC, Fulton, or Austin East will win it all.

Don't expect Trousdale to be such easy fodder for A-E this time around. Portland made that mistake in last year's playoffs. Never underestimate a team that ranks in the top five most successful programs in state history.

Posted by advocate23:
Posted by fishy:

Don't expect Trousdale to be such easy fodder for A-E this time around. Portland made that mistake in last year's playoffs. Never underestimate a team that ranks in the top five most successful programs in state history.

As an Austin East fan and someone very close to the program, I know AE respects Trousdale County. Their head coach picks them and AC as the teams to beat to get back. I respect fishy's opinion but I don't know if he got a chance to see TC play. Everyone is back. I can say this about AE. theriO-Line is much improved and in better shape than last year. Their skills are a lot faster than last year as a whole. Their QB is a better athlete than last year but not as knowledgeable at the posistion as Curry was. AE will do well but it all depends on who is on a role at that time.

It's nice to know you are thinking of Covington. We don't care about polls either. We have to focus on teams like Obion, Ripley, Crockett, McNairy, Ridgeway, and a lot of other great teams here in West Tn. Our coaches have done a good job keeping the team focused. When and if we make it to the championship game we will see if Covington is all hype. We have had some cupcakes on our schedule but in years past these teams have been good. Ripley and Obion are for real this year and we beat them. It might not mean anything to the rest of the state but we are proud of these wins.

To the guy who said Covington's opponents were 18 and 37: You weren't looking at current year stats. Covington has had some weak opponents outside the Region. Kingsbury is 1-5 and Millington is 0-6. However, Munford is 3-3.

In the region, after playing us, Obion is 5-1, Ripley is 4-2, and Brighton is 3-3. If you take away a loss that each of these teams has to us, these guys are a combined 12-3. Not a bad bunch of opponents I'd say.

My math says the total opponents record is 16 and 20. Not world beating, but considering that Munford and Millington are 5A, and that Kingsbury is a recent playoff team, it's not like we are dodging anybody. Can we help it if Millington and Kingsbury are suddenly lousy?

Thank goodness that what we think or what some voters think does not matter. The team that can keep winning on the field will be the state champ.

Let's all keep rooting for our teams. The Chargers may be overrated, but if we can back it up on Friday nights, then we may not be.

GO CHARGERS!!

Crocket County is by far the best team in 3-A. Last year's state runner-up is pumped to make a run at the title. Wait and see Crocket County is going to be unstopable in the playoffs. The Cavs will win state this season. :D Also I would like to add they have beaten some quality teams already this season.

Posted by CHARGERFAN:

To the guy who said Covington's opponents were 18 and 37: You weren't looking at current year stats.

You take a look at the schedules and count'em!! Between the 9 teams Covington plays, YES, their records are 18-37!! I'm not downing Covington at all....I just don't know if you all deserve the #2 rank that you're getting. Maybe you do? The playoffs will reveal all. Good luck the rest of the year and into the playoffs. I'm looking for Covington to take over the #1 spot next week. Trousdale Co. has to make the short trip over to Smith Co. tommorrow night for should be a good measuring stick for both teams!! Personally, I think Smith Co. will win!! :) Then we'll have to see what the polls say next week.

By the way, do most teams in your region just play nine games or was there nobody for you all to play?

[Edited by bigreid on 10-10-02 2:02P]