Anderson Co. Jamboree?

92Dragon

Wartburg Strength:

-Wartburg residents are very hard-headed and resilient, insisting that their town is pronounced "Wattburg."

Wartburg Weaknesses:

-Spelling/and or pronunciation

Oneida Strength:

-Excellent, aesthetically pleasing and functional silverware

Weaknesses:

-Silverware is not allowed in TSSAA sanctioned sporting events

Campbell County Strengths:

-Charlie's Pizza

-Cove Lake

Weaknesses:

-Football

Anderson County Strength:

- Head Coach, Davey Gillum...Any grown man that is tough enough to still be called "Davey" probably has the ability to put a hurtin' on you with his bare hands

Weaknesses:

-Seriously, "Davey," what are you, eight?

LOL classic stuff

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Anderson County Jamboree is currently looking for a sponsor. We lost Orthopaedic Surgeons of Oak Ridge because Clinton and Oak Ridge didn't really want to do the Jamboree because we all got put into the same district. I totally understand, but it was Clinton's turn to host the Jamboree last year, and Coach Shattuck searched for some teams, but was unable to find any outside our district. The Jamboree was not played, and the OSOR lost interest in sponsoring the event. The Anderson County Athletic Director helped Coach Kerr initiate this event in the first place, and hated to see it go away. We are trying to have some fun and get our kids as much exposure to our program as possible, and the jamboree provides another opportunity for the Mavericks to blow off some fireworks on and off the field. The Jamboree is close to getting a sponsor now, and it will be a ton of fun for our kids, which is what it is all about. AC is not worried about playing district teams, or teams bigger or smaller than us. The wins take care of themselves when your kids are working their guts out and having fun doing it.

Laugh it up science, name another coach who has won 19 games in his first two years. Go ahead say Quarles and Rankin, pretty good company I think. What's your record been the last two years, keep throwing stones, we don't live in glass houses here.

well, my team just went to the class 6a state semifinals, so not bad for a 2nd year coach in scott blade... and some of you people on here kill me with how sensitive you are, i was merely laughing at what the kid or guy in front of me wrote...LIGHTEN up,geez lol....

Laugh it up science, name another coach who has won 19 games in his first two years. Go ahead say Quarles and Rankin, pretty good company I think. What's your record been the last two years, keep throwing stones, we don't live in glass houses here.

And how do you know what part of what he wrote i was actually laughing at? lol And if you are talking about gillum, then ill take blades 2-0 record over him and a berth in the 6a state semifinals anyday over his 19 wins..

And how do you know what part of what he wrote i was actually laughing at? lol And if you are talking about gillum, then ill take blades 2-0 record over him and a berth in the 6a state semifinals anyday over his 19 wins..

Well, well, looks like I touched a wildcat nerve. Yes, I will give you the two wins against the Mavericks, your team won. You do have to concede the 19 wins Gillum has though. We will have the cats up to Maverick Stadium this year, I am looking forward to another great game. Last year came down to the last series,and we threw a pick. It wasn't too long ago that the Mavericks wouldn't look forward to playing the cats. Since around 2001, the Mavericks can't wait to play. So fire up your nuclear powered cars down there and come on up the highway. Don't park too close though, our fireworks might ignite.

Well, well, looks like I touched a wildcat nerve. Yes, I will give you the two wins against the Mavericks, your team won. You do have to concede the 19 wins Gillum has though. We will have the cats up to Maverick Stadium this year, I am looking forward to another great game. Last year came down to the last series,and we threw a pick. It wasn't too long ago that the Mavericks wouldn't look forward to playing the cats. Since around 2001, the Mavericks can't wait to play. So fire up your nuclear powered cars down there and come on up the highway. Don't park too close though, our fireworks might ignite.

ooooooo, intimidating lol...im glad yall cant wait to play, i am happy for you haha...until yall even make a state title game then i really wouldnt say much ol hickory... you can say whatever you want or how close the scores were or whatever...i guess in maverick country moral victories count as something though...ill take oak ridges 6-1 margin history against AC and oak ridges 581--163 all time record and 8 state titles to AC's 184-141 all time record... you understand AC has been playing since 1982, and almost has as many losses as a team that has been playing 40 years longer? Id keep my mouth shut if i were you lol

i swear, what is it with AC fans on here? they love to cause a ruckus on here lol...i have never had one little bit of trouble out of a clinton fan or farragut etc,but AC plays us a few close games over the year and think they own the world lol its funny

Now you know what ive been going through over the last 10 yrs! :rolleyes: