John Allen to be named new head coach at Chattanooga Central

Barger built the foundation for that program. He took a Valley mentality where you have to do a lot with a little to just be semi-successful. He worked hard to win the games he could win and won them. If he won one he was not supose to it was pudding, or a program builder. Believe me people leave prgrams for many reasons other than the desire to do so. Family, political environment where you may no longer be certified to teach a certain position. We went 8-4 at Whitwell and won a Region title, after the school had not won but one ballgame in three years. I was let go as teacher and assistant coach because I was only certified in Gov't, and at the time you could teach one class of social studies outside your field. Before polititians stepped in. I was let go needing only two classes that UTC did not offer in the summer. Went to Red Bank and it looked like I used that success to move up. I was taking classes in the fall when Red Bank hired me. I like John Allen, he is a great coach. Does anyone not find it ironic that the new head coach at Silverdale is the president of the school. I like Rogers but can people not read between the lines. In conclusion, I think John Allen was told last summer he needed to change his offense, and he stuck with program for remainder of the year with the understanding that it was his last year. We scrimaged them this fall and it did not take me two seconds to realize there was something wrong there. If Silverdale told him that and that is the direction they needed to go in than so be it, but don't blame Coach Allen if that was not the direction he wanted to go in. Anyway I could be way off base but this is how I see it. By the way all of you guys that don't like his offense. Signal MTN. did a pretty good job of running pretty much close to the same thing. Good luck coach, look forward to seeing you this fall.

Edited by possum

Barger built the foundation for that program. He took a Valley mentality where you have to do a lot with a little to just be semi-successful. He worked hard to win the games he could win and won them. If he won one he was not supose to it was pudding, or a program builder. Believe me people leave prgrams for many reasons other than the desire to do so. Family, political environment where you may no longer be certified to teach a certain position. We went 8-4 at Whitwell and won a Region title, after the school had not won but one ballgame in three years. I was let go as teacher and assistant coach because I was only certified in Gov't, and at the time you could teach one class of social studies outside your field. Before polititians stepped in. I was let go needing only two classes that UTC did not offer in the summer. Went to Red Bank and it looked like I used that success to move up. I was taking classes in the fall when Red Bank hired me. I like John Allen, he is a great coach. Does anyone not find it ironic that the new head coach at Silverdale is the president of the school. I like Rogers but can people not read between the lines. In conclusion, I think John Allen was told last summer he needed to change his offense, and he stuck with program for remainder of the year with the understanding that it was his last year. We scrimaged them this fall and it did not take me two seconds to realize there was something wrong there. If Silverdale told him that and that is the direction they needed to go in than so be it, but don't blame Coach Allen if that was not the direction he wanted to go in. Anyway I could be way off base but this is how I see it. By the way all of you guys that don't like his offense. Signal MTN. did a pretty good job of running pretty much close to the same thing. Good luck coach, look forward to seeing you this fall.

Good post. Coiach Allen will do a solid job.

Good lcuk to you.

:thumb:

Well I think it is a good hire, I know a couple kids on that program and I hope he is sucessful. I would love to see Central become a powerhouse here in Chattanooga. The pounders have talent they just need to have someone harness it, they have long history of football and the kids deserve a good coach. And for the person that posted something in a earlier post about the recievers not getting to catch the ball because of the Wing T. WELL HOW SUCESSFUL HAS THE O BEEN IN THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS? Can't get much worse, they have had weapons in the last couple of years.

Go EAGLES !!!!!!

I think I need to give Coach B a little boost up too, I think he was heading in the correct direction. The 2 boys I know on the team did not want him to leave. I was not trying to blast the offense for the last coule of years with my statement (all though I think the O did struggle the last couple of years). Just wanted to say the Wing T can be a productive offense as well. :thumb:

Coach Allen steps into Central at the perfect time to succeed. All the ingredients are in place for a success program. Coach Barger built the numbers up, established a weight program and brought the progam up to respectability by taking a team that had went 2-8, 2-8, 2-8 in the previous 3 years to 5-5 and in the playoffs in his 3rd year. The numbers climbed for 35 in Coach B's 1st spring practice to 70 players in his last year including 30 Fr. Those guys will be Juniors this year and played alot as Sophomores last year. They also revaped the weightroom and built a new practice field while he was there. Coach B left to return to Lake County so his wife could have an opportunity to fulfill a dream and become a head basketball coach. It worked out well as she led the Lake County boy's basketball team to the single A state title this year. Coach Allen is a good coach but for Goosesdad to say he is better than the others is a stretch. Montgomery finished 6-4 and got the Pounders back in the playoffs for a 2nd consecutive year in 2010.Coach B has had a good career and has been to the Quarterfinals as a head coach in 2006 and again in 2010 his first year back at LC. To me the difficult work is behind the program and if Coach Allen will come in, bring the needed stability then the program will become one of the better ones in Hamilton Co. to the shagrin of those Ooltewah fan!! :thumb:

Hello coach Barger....so nice of you to get on here and brag on yourself :roflol: 70?really...your adding in everybody from 9th to 12th grade,don't fool yourself,35 to 70,SO WHAT?..from spring to summer :roflol: ,yeah so what its spring all the ballplayers are in baseball,track or whatever,then everybody comes out in summer tryouts.If every school did that (like Ooltewah) included freshmen they would have 85+ every year.Get over yourself.Coach Allen did win in georgia,he does know football,whether or not he can survive up on the hwy is a whole other topic,if he can get those kids to play his brand of football and stay out of trouble,CENTRAL will give people FITS this season,maybe.Central has been a perennal LOSER for 40+ years 5-5 is nothing to get excited about.Coach Allen will not be satisfied with 5-5.Good luck to the pounders...

Edited by VOID70

Hello coach Barger....so nice of you to get on here and brag on yourself :roflol: 70?really...your adding in everybody from 9th to 12th grade,don't fool yourself,35 to 70,SO WHAT?..from spring to summer :roflol: ,yeah so what its spring all the ballplayers are in baseball,track or whatever,then everybody comes out in summer tryouts.If every school did that (like Ooltewah) included freshmen they would have 85+ every year.Get over yourself.Coach Allen did win in georgia,he does know football,whether or not he can survive up on the hwy is a whole other topic,if he can get those kids to play his brand of football and stay out of trouble,CENTRAL will give people FITS this season,maybe.Central has been a perennal LOSER for 40+ years 5-5 is nothing to get excited about.Coach Allen will not be satisfied with 5-5.Good luck to the pounders...

It is rumored that the only reason J.Allen wanted the Central job is because he didnt get the Howard job..(everybody around S Chatt knows this) Im not a big Allen fan because of what he did to the Howard program when he was at LFO...I really wish Howard could have got Stanley Jackson but we didnt... In stead we have a coach that has never coached football a day in his life because the AD principal or whatever comittee that hired the coach didnt even interview anyone...i saw stanley lead Howard gils to a state championship and then be fired....there is a buddy system at Howard and it needs to be changed...J Allen should have at least been interviewed for the job but they insisted on handing one of the toughest jobs in the city to a guy who knows nothing about football!!! AND THIS GUY HIRES A STAFF THAT SHOULDNT EVEN BE ALLOWED TO COACH MIDDLESCHOOL....Better yet give Bloodsaw or the guy at Soddy a shot not CALLOWAY!!! Allen is a better option that calloway but i people in s chatt remembers how he recruited all of Howards atheletes to come to georgia and play...thats the only time he ever won

:roflol: Void, Glad you could come on over to the Central thread!! What is wrong nobody wants to talk ooltewah football since Monroe left!! Lets not forget how the strength coach and Coach Gatewood left as well. Question on 70 kids, yes when Coach B left in April there were getting ready to go out in spring with 70 players. That included only the ones who played the year before that were in other sports and new ones working out with the team. Would some have quit I am sure it would happen but you would add Fr. as well. Summer program would have gotten others as well. Attrition always happens in a program. No bragging intended just pointing out what the previous 2 coaches had accomplished and how the program is on the verge of being a consistent success. Anyway Void as I said earlier I am glad you continue to post cause you show your intelligence, or lack there of, everytime you do. :thumb: Keep repping those Owls and dissing Central every chance you get cause it reveals your true character!! :roflol::roflol:

:roflol: Void, Glad you could come on over to the Central thread!! What is wrong nobody wants to talk ooltewah football since Monroe left!! Lets not forget how the strength coach and Coach Gatewood left as well. Question on 70 kids, yes when Coach B left in April there were getting ready to go out in spring with 70 players. That included only the ones who played the year before that were in other sports and new ones working out with the team. Would some have quit I am sure it would happen but you would add Fr. as well. Summer program would have gotten others as well. Attrition always happens in a program. No bragging intended just pointing out what the previous 2 coaches had accomplished and how the program is on the verge of being a consistent success. Anyway Void as I said earlier I am glad you continue to post cause you show your intelligence, or lack there of, everytime you do. :thumb: Keep repping those Owls and dissing Central every chance you get cause it reveals your true character!!...........

Well said coach Barger,Show my intelligence?.....keep playing on words and try and make everyone think you are NOT retarded!!! :roflol: you were one of(if not)the worst coach ever on the hwy,PERIOD!

Edited by VOID70

Thanks for posting Void!! :thumb: Keep up the good work on showing that class and intelligence! Need a shovel yet? Since you keep digging that hole deeper and deeper everytime you open your mouth the posters on here get to see your true character! Really like the retarded comment what are you 5?? As I have said before your screen name fits you well as you are Void of anything that maybe considered a rational thought. Must have hit a nerve with you but I am done with you because it is too easy to prove how sad and pitiful you are. In reality I feel sorry for you because you feel the need to post the junk you do. This thread is about the future of Central football so good luck to all the players and coaches hope you guys have a great year.

Thanks for posting Void!! :thumb: Keep up the good work on showing that class and intelligence! Need a shovel yet? Since you keep digging that hole deeper and deeper everytime you open your mouth the posters on here get to see your true character! Really like the retarded comment what are you 5?? As I have said before your screen name fits you well as you are Void of anything that maybe considered a rational thought. Must have hit a nerve with you but I am done with you because it is too easy to prove how sad and pitiful you are. In reality I feel sorry for you because you feel the need to post the junk you do. This thread is about the future of Central football so good luck to all the players and coaches hope you guys have a great year.

Your welcome....

Hahaha,keep posting coach Barger,all your doing is burying yourself....I keep talking about the future of central football..all you wanna talk about is what YOU did!!!!!.,.which was nothing.You won 9 ball games in 3 years..wow coach good job! You keep making all the dumb comments about what YOU did,like the only reason john allen is gonna win is because of YOU!! Which is a joke in itself.Owls went 4-6 playing with the big boys and fans are livid,but for you and central fans that's a good year? :roflol: