Meigs County looking for a coach!

Sequatchie

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he should have waited to win more than 2 games in a season before he started doing whatever he wanted to without asking.

I bet he knew he was on the hot seat or he was force to resign. After he told Rockwood & Boyd Buchanan he would play them and run behind there back and schedule someone else without telling them and left them 2 having to find someone else pretty much after everyone had there schedules made he a classless clown if you ask me and should have been fired

Edited by Jet Pride

I bet he knew he was on the hot seat or he was force to resign. After he told Rockwood & Boyd Buchanan he would play them and run behind there back and schedule someone else without telling them and left them 2 having to find someone else pretty much after everyone had there schedules made he a classless clown if you ask me and should have been fired

I agree that the Rockwood deal was part of it. I think Jones had good intentions but he made some poor poor decisions. Might make a great assistant but did do well as the HC. But on the upside if we can keep em all together there's a great group of Freshmen coming up.

I agree that the Rockwood deal was part of it. I think Jones had good intentions but he made some poor poor decisions. Might make a great assistant but did do well as the HC. But on the upside if we can keep em all together there's a great group of Freshmen coming up.

Word is he had multiple run ins with the administration. We have been told how good each freshman class has been for the last five years. Hows that worked out for us? Now lets get to the root of the problem. How many coaches in how many years? Face it, our program has been ran into the ground. Will Martin be back? I hope not, he has already left us twice for greener pastures. He also left our program in a financial bind.

Word is he had multiple run ins with the administration. We have been told how good each freshman class has been for the last five years. Hows that worked out for us? Now lets get to the root of the problem. How many coaches in how many years? Face it, our program has been ran into the ground. Will Martin be back? I hope not, he has already left us twice for greener pastures. He also left our program in a financial bind.

What about the guy that was at Midway? Didn't he leave to go to Sweetwater as an assistant? Seems like the perfect fit.

Best choice for coach is a young man who applied last time. He is a very good coach but more important than that is he will be very good to the young men he coaches. He has more than enough football knowledge having coached at both the high school and college levels.If he is hired Meigs will not only win football games but will have team of fine young men with skills and values for the rest of their lives.

Best choice for coach is a young man who applied last time. He is a very good coach but more important than that is he will be very good to the young men he coaches. He has more than enough football knowledge having coached at both the high school and college levels.If he is hired Meigs will not only win football games but will have team of fine young men with skills and values for the rest of their lives.

Who are you referring to?

Coach Martin was smart to leave when he did, he knew the talent level was about to drop wayyyy off. Meigs just needs to not have a football team. :mrgreen:

What? Part of coaching high school is teaching young boys to be young men. Running away because the talent is wayyyy off is teaching the boys to run from problems. I have read several of your posts and I dont think you would run from your team if the talent was down. Stay and fight to get better is a sign of character.