New OC at Gallatin

GREENWAVE84EG

Williams is a good coach. Robert is fortunate to have him.

Gallatin will need another good coach with the schedule they play this up coming year...with the addition of Oakland and Springfield and still playing Brentwood ( who totally embarassed the wave last year) and not to mention the year in and year out battles with Mt juliet,Beech and Hendersonville..I also look for Wilson central , Lebanon and Station camp to also be tough this year...I look for a very competive district this upcoming year...It cant get here fast enough....lol

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gallatin will need another good coach with the schedule they play this up coming year...with the addition of Oakland and Springfield and still playing Brentwood ( who totally embarassed the wave last year) and not to mention the year in and year out battles with Mt juliet,Beech and Hendersonville..I also look for Wilson central , Lebanon and Station camp to also be tough this year...I look for a very competive district this upcoming year...It cant get here fast enough....lol

very tough schedule. It is my understanding taht Robert likes this team. He thinks they will be a tough and hard nosed team.

Maybe he left for a better work enviroment.

Smyrna's facilities are outdated and crappy.

Coach Williams has done wonders to update the facilities. Still a very very very long way to go. New weight room is on the way, updated player equipment, Expanded locker room (not every player had a locker) practice and playing surfaces are the best they have been in a while. Cant say much for the stadium visiting bleachers. Saw on TV where they voted yet again not to expand LaVergne's nor Smyrna's visiting bleachers. He is taking care of what he can with the very limited resources he has. Much more than the previous staff even thought about doing. Anyway different topic different day.

As for Marc Williams. He started out pretty rough. But has developed into a solid OC. You can see he has imagination and has developed a sense of vision three or four plays down the road. Good Luck.

Edited by milo118

• 2 weeks later...

Coach Williams has done wonders to update the facilities. Still a very very very long way to go. New weight room is on the way, updated player equipment, Expanded locker room (not every player had a locker) practice and playing surfaces are the best they have been in a while. Cant say much for the stadium visiting bleachers. Saw on TV where they voted yet again not to expand LaVergne's nor Smyrna's visiting bleachers. He is taking care of what he can with the very limited resources he has. Much more than the previous staff even thought about doing. Anyway different topic different day.

As for Marc Williams. He started out pretty rough. But has developed into a solid OC. You can see he has imagination and has developed a sense of vision three or four plays down the road. Good Luck.

Sounds like to me you guys need a QB club or something. Time for some community spirit.

• 2 weeks later...

That was my question:

Where are you trying? Location.

Smyrna. Trying to get the community and parents more involved in the program. Coach Williams and staff are leaps and bounds ahead of past coaching staffs. Still a long way to go. But having said that, it is night and day compared to what it was. It is easy when you are winning. But try to get people to show during down years. we had a down year two years ago coming on the heals of back to back titles. Add that to the fact that people left when shadowens left and it has taken a while to build that up again. on-going process.

Smyrna. Trying to get the community and parents more involved in the program. Coach Williams and staff are leaps and bounds ahead of past coaching staffs. Still a long way to go. But having said that, it is night and day compared to what it was. It is easy when you are winning. But try to get people to show during down years. we had a down year two years ago coming on the heals of back to back titles. Add that to the fact that people left when shadowens left and it has taken a while to build that up again. on-going process.

:thumb: Go Bulldogs!

I think that the Williams hire might prove to the spark that ignites the fire back under Gallatin. It was obvious in the Green and Gold game that he has a wide knowledge of plays he can choose from. With him calling the plays and to the delight of the Green Wave faithful going back to the I-formation, Gallatin will be a force to contend with on the offensive side of the ball.