MEAN JEAN"S Fearless Forecast (Top 5 Games of the

meanjean

As I continue in my quest to add something of substabce to this board, and drift further away from my former lunacy, I debut the latest feature from Mean Jean Inc.

The Fearless Forecast:

The forecast looks at the top five games of the week and my unbiased predictions for each. Let it be known now that I continue to use the patented Mean Jean Power Point Polling System along with my bevy and network of statewide contacts to lead to my decisions. So without any further unnecessary delays, here they are... the forecast!

Trousdale Co. (6-0) at Smith Co. (6-0)

Huge Region 4-AAA matchup! Carthage has the Gores while Hartsville has the Satterfields and Harpers. Each community has boasted of these prominent familys for over 50 years. While having the Gores is good for possible cushy government promises, they can't coach or carry a football. Whereas the Harpers could/can properly handle a football while the Satterfields apparently have some sort of gentic makeup that provides them with coaching intelligence bar none. Although my newly made friends in Smith County can brutal on their enemies, I beg their forgiveness as I predict:

Trousdale County 27 Smith County 21

===============

===============

Huntland (5-1) at Wayne Co. (6-0)

The Hornets are coming off a devistating 26-20 loss in Region 6-A competition to the Champions of Cascade. The loss not only dampened the spirit of the Hornets but also offered a severe setback to any hopes of winning the region. Huntland may now be headed for a possible third or even..UGH, a fourth place finish? Coach Cary Crews has made believers out of fans in Waynesboro! The Wildcats have given up only 36 points in 6 games and now their offense seems to be catching up as well, scoring 105 in the last three games after managing but 39 in the first three wins.

Wayne County 19 Huntland 13

============

============

Huntingdon (6-0) at Milan (5-1)

Non regional AA contest featurning two of the most powerful teams in not just West Tennessee, but the entire state in Class AA. Milan is at home, where the karma of John Tucker and Ernest Fields still parade. Milan is probably one of the top five tradition laden schools in the state and the Purple clad fans are screaming for more, can't you Bulldogs be happy with all those state championships? Huntingdon, according to many, is about to walk into a hornet's nest and this is where they get their comeuppance! Well, you got the right to believe that but here's one that don't. Coach Mike Mansfield's Mustangs are loaded with talent, lot's of it and Milan is gonna be the one scratching their heads after this one!

Huntingdon 29 Milan 20

===========

===========

Brentwood (5-1) at Franklin (7-0)

Region 6-AAAAA matchup that unknown to many, is actually the battle for Cool Springs Galleria! When they built this town within a corn pasture, Brentwood raced in an annexed as much of the surrounding land as possible. If you speed down Moore's Lane, you might get a ticket from either the Brentwood or Franklin finest? As for the game, Brentwood (not the academy) has stricter sign ordinances and more country music stars and a heck of a quarterback but that's where the comparison ends. Coach Tim Johnson's Rebels are on an incredible roll and it's not going to end against a home county rival.

Franklin 30 Brentwood 21

==========

==========

Anderson Co (6-0) at Fulton (6-0)

Pretty much for all the marbles in Region 2-AAA. These two teams are so evenly matched that it strains even Mean Jean to find the front runner? The Mavericks beat Loudon by 9, the Falcons beat them by 7. Fulton beat West by 26, Anderson won 19. So here Mean Jean has to play the hunch and using a totally no scientific method, I like the maroon clad boys from Knoxville to step to the front of the region.

Fulton 15 Anderson County 14

Mean Jean can be reached at:

meanjeanfromfairview@yahoo.com

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by TheExpert:

I thought you were gone for good this time? You can't tell the truth and you are no good with your forecast as that guy said HA HA

OK, Expert, lay out your predictions for us and we'll all check back here Friday night and compare notes. And, welcome back meanjean!

[Edited by coacht on 10-8-02 10:51P]

The Fulton, AC game is for all the marbles. If AC wins and loses to AE then beats Lenoir City and Scott, AC wins region because AE only plays 9 regular season games. Fulton would be second bc they beat AE head to head. AE would finish 3. If Fulton wins out, they are champs and AC and AE would be playing for second place. Sorry mean jean, but AC will defend the region championship Friday night.

Special requested predictions:

I am most happy to offer special looks at these two requested games.

Fairview (5-2) at Watertown (3-3)

Surely you jest? Revenge can be sweet and vicious! And the Jackets are gonna lay out some stinging blows in Watertwon this Friday night. Fairview keeps rolling merrily as they run wild with Aaron Cothran getting 273 yards in the victory.

Fairview 37 Watertown 13

===============

===============

Cascade (5-1) at Gordonsville (5-1)

You have got to respect a team called the Champions! And a team with a Farrell at running back. I think Gordonsville will have their hands full but I also think that Coach Bob Dillard will have his team motivated to keep the fine season in full tact. Gordonsville's defense rises to the occasion.

Gordonsville 14 Cascade 9

phishhead, I think Franklin will win rather easily, and with all due respect, here are my contentions regarding your two reasons for a Bruin victory:

1)You claim that Franklin only beat a 3-4 Lincoln County team 7-6. True, but you have to remember that it was the first game of the season, and neither team had found themselves yet. Also keep in mind that while the Falcons are 3-4, one of those wins was over Riverdale. Lincoln County knows how to get up for the big games.

2)You state that since Brentwood was last year's Region 6 champion and is so far undefeated in the region, they should be considered the best. Maybe this is the case if you want to be conservative about things, but having seen both teams (BHS 3 times and Franklin once), I can assure you that Franklin is more talented than Brentwood. Also, a team's performance in a past season should not dictate their present ranking. Instead, their performance within the season should decide where they stack up. And so far I give the advantage to Franklin.

Franklin 28, Brentwood 13