BBCOR bats?

PirateBaseball

You do not need to check the TSSAA website, all BBCOR bats are legal this year and next.

Then, umpires and coaches were given bad info at spring meetings. There is an approved list for composite barrels and that was what I was referencing as ALL composite barrels are not legal.

Actually that list is for what comp bats are legal this year, there is another list at the following website that has BESR and BBCOR bats that are legal and you can change the search to only the bat maker and models, lengths etc. that you want to look at. There's something like 1600 bats on there but you can cut it down by being specific on your search. The link is:

http://www.mme.wsu.edu/~ssl/certified/besr/certified.html

The list of "1600" includes all type bats tho. TSSAA does have a listing just for those composite barrels tested and approved for use.

Then, umpires and coaches were given bad info at spring meetings. There is an approved list for composite barrels and that was what I was referencing as ALL composite barrels are not legal.

That approved list is for BESR composite barrels. ALL BBCOR barrels are legal this year and moving forward.

Quite honestly I think umpires and coaches ignored the issue as the year went on. The only time I saw it challenged was the first game of the year and the umpire had no clue what was legal and what wasn't and told the coach so. After that I never saw it questioned again. As the year went on I saw kids using all kinds of illegal bats. It will be interesting to see how all that is handled come post season?

Next year is easy, go BBCOR or go home!

Edited by lawdog

That approved list is for BESR composite barrels. ALL BBCOR barrels are legal this year and moving forward.

Quite honestly I think umpires and coaches ignored the issue as the year went on. The only time I saw it challenged was the first game of the year and the umpire had no clue what was legal and what wasn't and told the coach so. After that I never saw it questioned again. As the year went on I saw kids using all kinds of illegal bats. It will be interesting to see how all that is handled come post season?

Yeah most of the challenges I saw got shot down so the umps didn't really know. I was pretty sure that website has the option to change the type to all alloy which would be bbcor.

Why on earth would a coach allow a kid to use a bat he knew was illegal?