the university of farragut

spillthebeans

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So let's talk FU people. With phil broke down from throwing 10000 inn what are u people going to do? Well I know one thing not win a state title! I started this thread for my friend ihavenofriendz...

you actually did it! ahahaha.

Anyways, so, exactly how is "FU" going down? Pretty sure Phil hasn't thrown 10,000 innings... Why exactly is Soddy Daisy soooooo much better? What have they done?

Remember after '04? Farragut was just supposed to be garbage. '05, sure they didn't win state.. the next year they were supposed to be just as 'bad'. No one gave them a shot. They won the title with the most losses ever, i believe. After that, no one expected anything of them, and they lost in district for the first time in like over a decade. Actually, I believe that was the first year they hadn't been to state in a decade, or close to it. Just losing key players doesn't mean Farragut is going to be trash. Phil has played like 5 games this season. Without him, they are 23-5. That's not too bad for a team, that apparently according to you, is garbage without him. I mean, you can say the "dynasty" will end all you want, and think Soddy would trounce Farragut all you want, but, just thinking it doesn't make it happen. I'm not saying Farragut is going to be the best team in the state next year, or the year after, but considering you're only reasoning for saying their run is over, is basically, "all good things come to an end"... wow! that's some real Nostradamus stuff there.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

Well looks like you almost lost.to west and lenior city.as of late? Hmmmm. Wonder what the scores would have been if phil pitched? A lot better against those type of teams. When he pitches u guys play better. If he is done u guys are done. If I remb. Correct if he would not have thrown 16 inn in 5 days at the state last year the dynasty would have ended last year. I will say it the kid has a set of #####, but that's what did his arm in doing crazy stuff like that. So yes your time has come to an end. Cause u don't have much behind him at all..looks

However I could always be wrong but tommy made that a dynasty. Even though buck is good he is not tommy. Biggest point im trying to make is like u said phil has won over 40 games at FU and all of those games have been the big ones and without him I just done see you making it through that's why I believe the dynasty is over.

I think you don't understand what a sports dynasty is. It doesn't end because of 1 year. It's over a span of years. Like I pointed out. Sure, Farragut didn't win in '05 or '07.. But the 'dynasty', one could argue, runs from 1999-now... Runner-up in '99, '01, '02... fyi. Simply, not winning 1 season doesn't mean they will be garbage forever. You're right, scores have been close, but then again, it is high school sports. Anything can happen. It's baseball, with as many games that are played teams are bound to lose. Like I pointed out, in '06 Farragut won with like 15 losses. Losing and playing close games doesn't mean anything as long as you win the ones that count. Something Farragut has clearly done in the past. Science Hill is arguably the best/2nd best team in East Tennessee. Phil didn't pitch against them in the 2 games so far. Farragut's won by 11 and lost by 2. Clearly Farragut can compete against teams without him. We had a 'no name' pitcher go pitch for pitch with one of the best in the state, who is supposed to be a first round draft pick. Sure we lost, but a few more timely hits and Farragut could have won. The point is, I just really think you don't understand what you are talking about. Have you pointed out what Soddy has done? ever? They won in 1977.. but other than that? If Soddy is so superior to Farragut I, and I'm sure plenty of other people, would like you to at least provide some actual reasoning and not an opinion.

I agree soddy has not had the success u guys have had. Honestly I would love to have 8 billion rings like u guys have no question. But you have to agree you guys are not even close to the same team without phil? What I am saying is with tommy gone people are not going to be going to farragut anymore. They will be going to cak. So I believe your dynasty will come to an end just light the pats in football. Kids want to play for tommy right or wrong? And I agree it is high school sports the kids do not come to play everyday. However I hope both of us end up playing down the road and then we will see.

I agree soddy has not had the success u guys have had. Honestly I would love to have 8 billion rings like u guys have no question. But you have to agree you guys are not even close to the same team without phil? What I am saying is with tommy gone people are not going to be going to farragut anymore. They will be going to cak. So I believe your dynasty will come to an end just light the pats in football. Kids want to play for tommy right or wrong? And I agree it is high school sports the kids do not come to play everyday. However I hope both of us end up playing down the road and then we will see.

Quit agreeing with everything and saying how great Farragut is, then say the "dynasty is ending" that makes no sense. Last time I check Farragut was ranked #1 in the state without their #1 pitcher. He's back, and they need to win one more game to make it back to regions. Thanks.

I just feel like your argument has no basis. I've pointed out that Farragut has won even on a down year where they had 15 losses. So your simple logic of, people won't play there anymore and you stink without your best player... Is just ridiculous. That's like me saying, "well Soddy Daisy's bowling team isn't going to be any good anymore. Pretty much just because I said so. That's my only reasoning".. That's just dumb. At least have an actual argument please.

Farragut has a good rec league for kids growing up and they have travel teams and all that stuff. I don't think Pharr was the only reason people came to Farragut to play baseball. Winning has an impact on that too. If they keep winning, kids will keep playing. Even if they don't win state, they're still going to be one of the best teams in the knoxville area most of the time..

I just feel like your argument has no basis. I've pointed out that Farragut has won even on a down year where they had 15 losses. So your simple logic of, people won't play there anymore and you stink without your best player... Is just ridiculous. That's like me saying, "well Soddy Daisy's bowling team isn't going to be any good anymore. Pretty much just because I said so. That's my only reasoning".. That's just dumb. At least have an actual argument please.

Farragut has a good rec league for kids growing up and they have travel teams and all that stuff. I don't think Pharr was the only reason people came to Farragut to play baseball. Winning has an impact on that too. If they keep winning, kids will keep playing. Even if they don't win state, they're still going to be one of the best teams in the knoxville area most of the time..

I agree with this post. While Tommy Pharr and Buckner are good coaches. Farraguts feeder system is great. The Thunder Baseball Academy is one of the best area travel baseball organizations and almost all those kids play for Farragut.