What started private schools

pujo

I an sure the answer for why each private school started varies. Our school was formed because we where not allowed to pray in public schools. As a group of parents we felt it was important that the Bible be a part of our childrens daily class experince. We found ourselves dissatisfied with the direction our local public schools where headed. I am sure we have many parents who have chosen us for reasons that where different, but to answer your original post that is why our school started.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

people feel that private schools have an advantage because they have a larger area to draw from, but they fail to realize that the equilizer is 1-academic testing to get in, 2-ethical and character rules that are much stricter then public schools, 3- and most importantly...this thing called MONEY that is usually almost 4-7 thousand to attend these schools.

Ego,

Great post. You well-laid out the exact argument I have been pushing for years.

What about the disadvantages private schools have? No one ever thinks of that for some reason. The three reasons you laid out are excellent.

A good mark for you.

[Edited by sportsfan0603 on 10-10-02 9:06A]