What started private schools

pujo

Its got everthing to do with football and everything else.Public schools takes whoever walks through the doors.We have alot of hard case kids to deal with.I think I know all about the gun and knife thing.I was stabbed in the back several times with a butcher knife by a nut,I also beat the tar out of him.What it really boils down to is how many of our 250 kids are coachable and teachable.the percentage in a private school would be much higher.I think you also are letting some border line kids in to help your atheletic programs.Private schools have to compete for kids and when you excell in atheletics,its a great selling point.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by RyanRowdy:

Pujo,

You make it seem like all privates school kids drive around in BMW's and Mercedes and have a butler do their homework(hmmm... maybe at a certain school on West End... ha just kidding).

Rowdy, i didn't drive a bmw or a benz when i was at mba. it just wasn't practical. not enough room to hold all the trophies i was winning. i had to drive a stationwagon. hahaha, kidding also

[Edited by Redtwin on 10-9-02 4:18P]

Just say none of your kids are even close to being in this kind of a situation.Private schools are to seperate the advantaged from the disadvantaged,the rich from the poor ,the whites from the blacks.The truth has been told.You people just don't to want admit it.I ask yesterday and got no reply,what percent of your kids are minorities.

Posted by pujo:

Just say none of your kids are even close to being in this kind of a situation.Private schools are to seperate the advantaged from the disadvantaged,the rich from the poor ,the whites from the blacks.The truth has been told.You people just don't to want admit it.I ask yesterday and got no reply,what percent of your kids are minorities.

Pujo what percentage of the kids on roan mountain are minority. Didnt see many on that team last year so whats that really got to do with it. You asked me not to turn it into a racist thing then you go start some ridiculous thread basically saying noone knows what we go through.... Um guess what i do and i attended Ezell and MBA. My family is from the school of hard knocks my mother picked cotton i began working on our FARM at the age of 6 so i dont want to hear any of this. We wanted a better life and guess what we made it.

Now you talk about seperation i would say maybe 5-10% of Ezell's students are monorities and probably follows right in with the percntages you see in a CHurch Of Christ.

Know you are making it a race thing and i know all about that being from rural Alabama. I mean im sure the next thing you will say is you 5-10% minorites funny how three of them are stars on the football team. Which again your making it a race thing.

Many of the private schools were started during the time a segregation and have continued to be that way but i have seen that changing for a few years. Think about how hard that would be for a black kid to say " ya i want togo to school with noone that is like me". Ya it would be hard.

I think you are trying to get on your own personeel vendetta against private schools, but you know what we really dont care. These schools are the finest learning institutions in the state and your school is not. They have larger concerns outside of Football apparently you do not. Again i will ask you what percentage of your students are minorites or are there any minorites up there in Cloudland or did you show the movie Deilverance one too many times at the local drive inn? that was a joke but this is really starting to get old. :D:o:o

All public schools take whoever walks through the doors.we are no different.We have several mexican kids and a few black kids .We like them all.This area is a little different from Nashville.All I'm trying to do is show the difference between public and private schools.You are the only one who can see the advantages private schools can have.You are my favorite person on here.I hope to meet you someday.You are a honest and intelligent person.THANKS

Posted by pujo:

All public schools take whoever walks through the doors.we are no different.We have several mexican kids and a few black kids .We like them all.This area is a little different from Nashville.All I'm trying to do is show the difference between public and private schools.You are the only one who can see the advantages private schools can have.You are my favorite person on here.I hope to meet you someday.You are a honest and intelligent person.THANKS

I think the other people see them but they also know they have been there since the beginning and just now have came to light. Hoopefully we will meet in Murfreesboro, but i dont agree with how you go about saying its unfair. If they were to put all of them in one division that would be ok. But you would have to drop the number classes in division 1 to 3 maybe 4, which you would then be playin schools two to three times your size but atleast it would be apples and apples right.

Pujo,

It is easy to mix personal issues with general issues. Are you saying private schools are bad?

I understand that public schools are different, but there are kids at private schools who are knocked around by their parents and are abandoned for lousy reasons. Many of the kids are in private schools because their parents think putting them into private schools solve problems, and they avoid dealing with the relationship problems in the family.

Remember, it is difficult for a rich man to get through the eye of a needle. It isn't easy for anyone, but having food on the table and a safe environment is something every child should have.

No I,m not saying that private schools are bad at all.Volgen told me to quit saying that private schools pick and choose their kids.I was only trying to prove the point that they did. I was trying to explain the difference in 250 hand picked kids compared to the same amount of just anybodies.

Posted by pujo:

No I,m not saying that private schools are bad at all.Volgen told me to quit saying that private schools pick and choose their kids.I was only trying to prove the point that they did. I was trying to explain the difference in 250 hand picked kids compared to the same amount of just anybodies.

Ezell-Harding doesn't even have a waiting list. You can come up to the front door, take a simple test and start class the next day.

You seem to have this misconception that students are lining up and beating down the door to attend Ezell. You seem to think that there is a huge pool of applicants and only a few are chosen. Well, here's the reality: Ezell isn't the space program. It's not the Publisher's House Sweepstakes. Ed McMahon is not coming to your door to tell say, "you have been selected to go to Ezell!" No one is chosen. If you want to go, you can go.

I really don't see how that is picking and choosing if anyone who has the financial means can attend.

And by the way, why did you even ask the question when you already had your mind made up?

[Edited by sportsfan0603 on 10-9-02 3:43P]

Its not near as easy as you say.All public schools have kids who can,t pass that simple test and parents who arn't willing ,or can,t afford the tuition.You get at least average to better than average kids,and yes there several people in Nashville who will spend that kind of money to see there kids at a school for atheletic purposes.We are totally different kinds of schools.If you don,t think Ezell has several gifted atheletes,ask Chakra.Birds of a feather flock together,or atheletes.

Posted by pujo:

Dang pujo....I thought I asked you to quit saying that private schools have hand picked kids. The more you bring it up, the more you are proved wrong. Again, it is that poor ol public school mentality that let`s you believe these misnomers. Can you just sit back and read what people who know have posted on here about the subject? It`s amazing how patient people are with you when they try to educate you about private schools and you just flat out refuse to listen or try to believe them. You just keep right on harping on this matter about hand picked kids.

Now you want to talk about all these "poor and dumb" public school kids. You want to call them uncoachables. Pujo I have news for you...Just because a kid may not have much money, or just because a kid may not be the brightest guy on the mountain, does not mean he can`t play or can`t be coached. That is such a lame excuse pujo. You need to quit bothering us with that little diatribe as well. You forget that I`m a public school supporter and know alot of kids that aren`t bright or are not rich, yet they can sure play ball great. Being bright or being rich doesn`t make someone a good athlete either pujo. I know a ton of kids who are bright and rich, yet can`t walk and chew gum. If there is any advantages here it is with the public schools. They are the ones who have access to all these athletes who may not wear the best clothes or may not be a honor roll student. It is no advantage for private schools to be only able to get "smart rich" kids. Please stop bringing up your same old ###### stories that just make no sense.

Pujo-I think you have read too many private/public posts...

The reason most private schools were started was because of segregation...many parents did not want their kids to be in that enviroment or thought it was unsafe, so they created their own schools...

The only reason I know this, is because my alma mater is proud that we were established in 1955 well before segregation...

The 12 men who founded it wanted there to be a place to teach God's word without fear of persecution and without anyone governing them...

But the third reason they wanted to do it, was so on the off chance this thing called a computer would be built, along with this thing called the internet that would allow public school supporters to accuse them of recruiting.

Recruiting is illegal according to TSSAA rules, so if you know a school that is recruiting kids, report them...other wise let's stick to the topics at hand, which is basically that people feel that private schools have an advantage because they have a larger area to draw from, but they fail to realize that the equilizer is 1-academic testing to get in, 2-ethical and character rules that are much stricter then public schools, 3- and most importantly...this thing called MONEY that is usually almost 4-7 thousand to attend these schools.