D-B and South as one

Lets be real for a min.Who thinks its a good idea for the KPT city schools to take over South and join them with D-B?Why or Why Not?And what would you do if you had a say so in it?And if it was to happen , does that change anything as far as where D-B stands in the State of Tenn as far as sports?Do they get bump up in any one sport or another and which ones and why?Lets see how many on here can really talk sports.And just an extra,Just for fun.Which schools would you put together and make one high school out of?And tell why.{The schools from Morristown included,and NE part of Tenn}Its almost the offseason and summer time,maybe this will give us alittle time to keep from being bored and missing F-Ball.Who's first? :popcorneater:

Edited by DBfanFromNC

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding is that the City of Kingsport will annex the Colonial Heights and Rock Springs community over the next decade. Looking at the 2025 Urban Growth Boundary, it appears the City of Kingsport will annex the Indian Springs community and the areas between Colonial Heights and Tri-Cities Regional Airport out to the Airport Exit as well. Kingsport does not plan to annex Bloomingdale or Sullivan Gardens due to low potential property tax revenue, i.e. the tax base in these communities would not pay for the services provided them. This means the North Zone is safe, but leaves Sullivan Middle and Sullivan Elementary on an island in the southwest portion of the county. Look for Sullivan Gardens students to be allowed to attend Kingsport City Schools via tuition waivers or be zoned into the North district. The South Zone and the Holston portion of the Central Zone look to be the county schools most affected by Kingsport annexation. I have read on two occasions in the Times-News that Dr. Kitzmiller and the Kingsport BOE have every intention of keeping Sullivan South a high school. If the annexation goes as stated above, look for two school zones inside the city system. I know it sounds weird, but working on the inside (I am a city schools employee) leads me to believe they will not merge the school zones to create super schools.

(Kingsport Proper will remain the same, minus John Adams Elementary School)

Dobyns-Bennett

Ross N. Robinson

Andrew Johnson

Thomas Jefferson

John F. Kennedy

John Sevier

Abraham Lincoln

Andrew Jackson

Theodore Roosevelt

George Washington

(Kingsport Suburban will cede Rock Springs Elementary School to the High School)

Sullivan South

Colonial Heights

John Adams (absorbs Rock Springs students)

Miller Perry

Holston

Holston

Indian Springs

I for one think joining D-B and South would be a great idea.J.C has one high school and i think KPT should have just one too.The South students would have more chances within the city school system.And to give South credit,There sports programs have gotten alot better over the last couple yrs.I think combining them would make KPT a HOT bed for alot of colleges to pick from.It would push the Sports teams over the hill.And i think it makes Kpt one of the top cities in Tenn as far as talent.Not that they aint already.And we can combine Sevier,Robinson,CHieghts Middle and put them at SOUTH.We can even name it SULLIVAN SOUTH MIDDLE SCHOOL REBELS. :thumb: .The ideal thing would be,Move the legion pool and civic center.{To give room for D-B to expand}put them over at robinson,and use sevier as community center and alturntive school for troubled kids.Then make the school mainteance building on sevier ave bigger and hire the jantiors and mainteance people from the county that has been workin the county schools.It can happen and it would benefit everyone in both schools and community.The biggest problems i see is the alumni at South that are holding a grudge and and just dont want to give in.Thats some of what i think,Does it matter?NO!But thats how i see it.

Edited by DBfanFromNC

Lets be real for a min.Who thinks its a good idea for the KPT city schools to take over South and join them with D-B?Why or Why Not?And what would you do if you had a say so in it?And if it was to happen , does that change anything as far as where D-B stands in the State of Tenn as far as sports?Do they get bump up in any one sport or another and which ones and why?Lets see how many on here can really talk sports.And just an extra,Just for fun.Which schools would you put together and make one high school out of?And tell why.{The schools from Morristown included,and NE part of Tenn}Its almost the offseason and summer time,maybe this will give us alittle time to keep from being bored and missing F-Ball.Who's first? :popcorneater:

Funny thing about Morristown is that East won the only state football title a couple years after they split into two schools and that was in the highest class at the time.I guess it takes a little more then just numbers to get it done.South would have a better shot by moving into 4A with Greeneville then where they are at now.I think it would help DB to have all the athletes that go through South in the 6A class more then it did in Morristown.I hope it stays as it is,and those that love either school can continue to wear their colors proudly.

Funny thing about Morristown is that East won the only state football title a couple years after they split into two schools and that was in the highest class at the time.I guess it takes a little more then just numbers to get it done.South would have a better shot by moving into 4A with Greeneville then where they are at now.I think it would help DB to have all the athletes that go through South in the 6A class more then it did in Morristown.I hope it stays as it is,and those that love either school can continue to wear their colors proudly.

Im not talkin bout numbers,not every kid plays.It want matter if theres 4000 kids at D-B.South has some talented kids over there.All im sayin is why have 2 city high schools?If the city of KPT is going over into the South area anyway.All you're going to have is another NORTH.And im not tryin to be RUDE to the school of North or there fans.Its just the truth.Bristol and Johnson city have 1 high school and so should KPT.For now anyway.Now in 10 yrs if they sit down and see that the schools are still getttin larger,then they need to look at building or makin another High school.

Edited by DBfanFromNC

I for one think joining D-B and South would be a great idea.J.C has one high school and i think KPT should have just one too.The South students would have more chances within the city school system.And to give South credit,There sports programs have gotten alot better over the last couple yrs.I think combining them would make KPT a HOT bed for alot of colleges to pick from.It would push the Sports teams over the hill.And i think it makes Kpt one of the top cities in Tenn as far as talent.Not that they aint already.And we can combine Sevier,Robinson,CHieghts Middle and put them at SOUTH.We can even name it SULLIVAN SOUTH MIDDLE SCHOOL REBELS. :thumb: .The ideal thing would be,Move the legion pool and civic center.{To give room for D-B to expand}put them over at robinson,and use sevier as community center and alturntive school for troubled kids.Then make the school mainteance building on sevier ave bigger and hire the jantiors and mainteance people from the county that has been workin the county schools.It can happen and it would benefit everyone in both schools and community.The biggest problems i see is the alumni at South that are holding a grudge and and just dont want to give in.Thats some of what i think,Does it matter?NO!But thats how i see it.

You got one thing absolutely right. "NO", it doesn't matter.

Just have to ask one question up front. If they combine the schools and programs will DB FINALLY be able to get past the second round of the playoffs? <_<:roflolk:

Unless you're a G-ville fan there aint nobody around here needing to be talkin bout Any rounds of the playoffs.Let me guess,You're a G-ville fan.And have been one for yrs.LMAO :roflol:

Edited by DBfanFromNC