East TN playoff matches

Panthro

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bunker ball, huh, .....? Yea, you could call it that, but it worked. Guess there is less excuses for others like yourself when the "talent is more in line with the rest of the district."

A wee bit on edge, DVD? Not sure exactly what you are saying in your post. But if you are disagreeing that Farragut’s talent pool has slipped this year to be more in line with the rest of the district I have to go with the numbers. In the three seasons, 2008-2010, Farragut lost one district match. In 2011 Farragut lost FOUR—to include bashings by West 5-1 and Maryville 6-0. Take away gimme wins vs Heritage and William Blount and Farragut’s district record was 4-4. Huge win in the district tournament vs Bearden but followed by 2 losses. You never know but I don’t think Bearden would have dropped two if they had avoided the upset. Rumor has it that Coach Wally received another red card last night—any truth to that??

I think there is a lot more parity in the district and maybe the state. More club players is the root reason. Farragut is perhaps younger not less talented? My understanding is the red card was awarded to the assistant Coach C not Wally. Apparently for arguing that the keeper crossed the 18 on a punt. Pretty silly, it happens on occasion not unlike taking liberty (ground) on a throw-in...rarely called if it isn't totally blatant and/or consistent.