District 8AA tournament

stubby1

After watching the final 2 games iat Dekalb Co. High School one thing becomes totally

clear. I just dont know why it hasn't already been done. Both games was greatly effective

by the pathetic officiating. The first game the guy behind the plate was so inconsistent

from batter to batter and from one at bat to the other.The first base ump needed to take his

sunglasses off and get into position and\or have his head turned to first before the

play is over. Third base ump should have been embarrassed to mbe calling a game with these 2.

In the second game lets just get to the last inning when trailing 5-1 and dekalb player hits ball right field and all the dekalb players come out of the dugout gathering around homeplate and obstructs the play

and nothing is called. These umps are paid good money to do this but if your are just taking this stuff

with a lackadaisical attitude you should not be doing it. These boys know what a strike is and most dont

complain on and inch or two but blatant bad calls and horrible calls that went on yesterday shouldn't

be allowed. From talking to other people I understand there is no one watching the umps performance or

if the TSSAA even cares but in yesterdays case I would have paid the parents bail out of jail if the coach

hadn't stopped him. Over the many years I have watched baseball what was caused by yesterdays officiating

crew in Smithville was a crime and they should be banned from umping. But if what I hear is true the TSSAA and the Umpiring organazation these umps came out dont care. WE NEED TO GET THIS CHANGED!!!!!!

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Edited by stubby1

I say DeKalb is 24-2 overall and 13-0 in district including the tourney so umping is no excuse.

Yeah and if it happened to dekalb like it happened to LA you'd be on here complaining too. The umpire behind the plate definatley squeezed the zone and didnt have the guts to make the obstruction call that would have put an L on your tigers resume...I even heard some of your fans saying that it should have been called. And Yes the the umpire behind the plate for the Upperman and LA was inconsistent but LA hit the ball and Baxter didnt... and NO the first baseman was not even close to the bag so dont even start on that one.

I say DeKalb is 24-2 overall and 13-0 in district including the tourney so umping is no excuse.

Face it Pride, your Tigers were beat! LA out played them in every aspect of the game and should have came out on top. However the man behind the plate bailed your Tigers out! In the play where the Dekalb dugout emptied out into the dirt around homeplate, the LA pitcher COULD NOT get through the Dekalb players to cover the plate on the passed ball. The ump didn't have the guts to make the right call, which should have been: PLAYER INTERFERIENCE - RUNNER OUT!!!!! BALL GAME But if that had happened LA would have been the winner 5-4. If that were not bad enough, the winning run NEVER touched homeplate. When the LA catcher threw the baseball over the thirdbasemans head, the runner came home. But once again the Dekalb dugout came onto the field BEFORE the play was over and actually dog piled the the runner BEFORE he touched the plate. Yes he never touched the plate! The home plate ump immediately emptied his baseball pouch and said BALLGAME! Now Pride if you think your Tigers won that game, you are just lying to yourself or living in some fantacy world. Your Tigers got BAILED OUT! You can't argue these two plays. You know it happened!

Edited by MountainDewMan

I don't recall saying they won. I do recall saying they went undefeated in district and by run rules or large margins in most of those games. Whether they won or lost this one, I think it is clear who the best team out of the district was this year. There is no arguement about that. The first meetings were blowouts between the two in favor of DC.