Harpeth Baseball Head Coach Opening?

carefulwhatuwishfor

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just heard that the Harpeth baseball spot is open? What happened to the guy that was there?

Is this true?

Who are some early candidates to get this? Any good hires out there? (assuming this is true)

would brad frasier come back????????

Coach Jones needed to be closer to his young boys. It's more of a family decision than professional or baseball in my opinion. He moved the program forward and it's in good shape for the next guy.

I wouldn't speculate on who might be interested, but I've heard there are quite a few. Last I checked the job hadn't been posted on TSSAA's bulletin board and there were 2 or 3 guys that had already called about it. I hope the new director of schools will give the Cheatham County teams a little more flexibility in their hiring. It has been like shopping for a used car on Carmax. Every parameter that you click on narrows down the field until there's only one or two cars to choose from.

Experienced baseball coach...........who can also teach (insert specific certification here)................less than an hours commute away...................looks good in blue..................is good at fundraising..................likes to mow grass and weedeat in his spare time.

would brad frasier come back????????

You trying to get rid of him? :roflol:

I wouldn't think so. He'd be more likely to move laterally within AAA or up to the right position for a college I guess. Brad's roots are in White County (who's looking for a baseball coach as well).

Edited by ksgovols

I wouldn't think so. He'd be more likely to move laterally within AAA or up to the right position for a college I guess. Brad's roots are in White County (who's looking for a baseball coach as well).

What is the early word for who is interested? Why haven't they posted it yet? Do they have someone in mind that they think would want it that will get first dibs at it?

With the reapplying for administration jobs and personnel decisions going on in Cheatham County right now, I doubt they'll post a potential coaching job at any of those schools until they know what teaching positions will be open.

That being said, I know there's 4 or 5 resumes that have been sent in. It would be in bad form to post names even if I knew them. They might have current jobs or are pursuing multiple positions. When it's official, everybody will know. That's probably going to be July at the earliest.

No we don't want him to leace schs! i would think college would be his next step if any moves period.

• 3 weeks later...

With all the stuff going on in the county right now, I don't see the system being proactive in hiring a new coach for any sport that's looking for one unless it's an inside the system move. Until they figure out what they're going to do with the personnel they've got, they're not likely to make any hires outside of the system for coaching positions anytime soon.

Look, Sycamore just went further than they've ever been in boys basketball with a pretty good nucleus coming back and their coach didn't get the nod for tenure. Their girl's coach left for a West Tennessee school for similar reasons. The coaches without tenure don't know until the 11th hour if they're going to be able to hang onto their job or not from one year to the next. Harpeth is going on their 5th baseball coach in 7 years with some pretty good talent at the Rock. They've hired almost as many girls basketball coaches in the same amount of time. Once a tenured coach leaves a Cheatham County school, it's been a black hole. They can't fill the position for the long haul.

Go to TSSAA's bulletin board. There's not a Cheatham County job on there and there's openings. What does that tell you?