Harpeth Baseball Head Coach Opening?

carefulwhatuwishfor

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see there being any baseball candidates within Cheatham County. I am a Mont Co guy, so what do I know. You mean, hiring within, like a person from Cheatham High/Sycamore? Is there anyone on the Rock that would step up for this job? I mean, I think It's a great great job! I think whoever gets this job won't get it until July, which will limit the number of quality candidates left to interview. I feel bad for people in Cheatham Co who are involved with Athletics.

There's more qualified in system folks in the county than you might think. You'd be surprised if I told you there's a guy in system that is a former assistant coach from a AAA state runner up team. Most everybody else would be too. I don't know if he's interested, but he's qualified.

There's lots of reasons not to want to continue to coach. I imagine a AAA assistant makes more in supplement than a lot of the head coaches do in our district. I love hamburgers, but I'm not willing to work at Mickey D's just yet. Money, family life, burnout. A good baseball coach is working on baseball 12 months a year in some form or fashion.

There's lots of reasons not to want to continue to coach. I imagine a AAA assistant makes more in supplement than a lot of the head coaches do in our district. I love hamburgers, but I'm not willing to work at Mickey D's just yet. Money, family life, burnout. A good baseball coach is working on baseball 12 months a year in some form or fashion.

Well at least it is now listed on the state site. Should be picking up some steam now. Must not be any "in-system" guys interested. They'll get a good coach

Well at least it is now listed on the state site. Should be picking up some steam now. Must not be any "in-system" guys interested. They'll get a good coach

The AD is interviewing some candidates this week. He couldn't post on the TSSAA site until he knew which teaching positions would be open. That was the school system's call. I think that added several more applicants.

I heard that Jones was back at Station Camp.

KS, what is the word out there? I know they are interviewing right now. A friend of mine that coaches in Montgomery county said that there was a coach in Cheatham county that he thinks will get it/or has already unofficially gotten it. I will not name drop, but my assumption is that if i heard it, then you know it to be fact or fiction?

Nobody has officially been hired or promised the job that I am aware of. There are a couple of candidates that have interviewed and teach in a specific position where there is an opening. Heck, that's 2/3rds of the battle right there in Cheatham County. If they enjoy maintaining the field with money that they'll have to raise themselves, we'll be set. :rolleyes:

I won't say anything until it is official out of respect for the candidates and their current situations. When I know, I'll post it on here. No names until then.