Single A State Tornament

CommanderMan

Overall I thought the Eagleville, Riverside, South Pitt and Knox Grace folks were well mannered and friendly. We played Summertown earlier in the year and their fans were respectful as well. Wasn't around any of the other teams in the tournament.

The only other comment I have (and I'm not sure if any of the Riverside folks were at the early game with South Pitt and Knox Grace) but the play in the 7th inning when the Riverside player took out the Eagleville 2nd baseman and was not called out for interference was the exact same play that the same crew called the runner out for in the early game, the ump knew he blew it too because I spoke to our coach and he said he shoulda tossed him (coach) but didn't because he knew he blew the call. Now that being said Eagleville may have still lost the game 3-2 (never know how the players would have responded only down 1 in the bottom of the 7th) but it would've ended the inning and the other runs would've never happened. The game was much closer than the final score and I believe the Riverside fans would admit that, in fact it was likely the best competition they faced in the tournament. Congrats to the Riverside boys and the other teams as well.

Also a big congratulations to the Eagleville boys. :thumb: They will have 13 seniors returning next year and if they play to their potential I believe we may meet some of you boys again this time next year. Now on to summer ball. Have a great one!

I couldn't disagree with you more. The play at second was legal and the runner is required to slide and entitled to "take out" the 2nd basemen in an attempted to break up the double play. I also disagree that Eagleville was "the best competition" that Riverside faced in the tournament.

I couldn't disagree with you more. The play at second was legal and the runner is required to slide and entitled to "take out" the 2nd basemen in an attempted to break up the double play. I also disagree that Eagleville was "the best competition" that Riverside faced in the tournament.

He slid behind the bag not at the bag cleats high and with a leg sweep and again the same exact play happened in the first game of the day, same crew and the runner was called out for intentional interference, I realize that players may delay a slide to screen the throw but you can't try to take out the baseman and it was obviously intentional. If that were the case they would never have called the runner out in the first game. As for the competition, what other team played Riverside as close as Eagleville. Of the 3 homeruns Riverside had the first two would've been routine pop flies without the wind and the 3rd wouldn't have happened if the ump had made the call on the slide. Even with the final score, Eagleville took them to the final inning with a 1 run differential and no one else came that close in the tournament so who else played Riverside that close that long? Friendship only put up one run and did nothing past the 4th inning and committed numerous errors, South Pittsburgh 23-4 nuff said and Knox Grace 15-2. So where did you see better competition in the State?

It sounds like the sub state win over Greenfield, 1-0, was the team that played yall the best..out of the state tourney teams...was it, Riverside fans?

Congrats on winning it all, again, this year...that's quite an accomplishment. I just wish the sub state game would've happened in the championship game of the state tourney...with Greenfield coming out on top, of course! :)

Couldn't of said that better myself. Some people are just clueless....

I am for public school USA anytime we can put it on the privates. You guys want to create exclusivity by putting $$$ up as barrier to entry. If you all have so much honor then put your money and efforts into improving the public schools. I could think of nothing better for the privileged among us to do. You want to practice exclusion when it comes to education and "environment" but then want to be included with the public schools (who dont have your advantages) when it comes to competing in athletics. Go play with the rest of the private schools. Then again all your exclusion, pomp, and noise makers couldnt help you hit a 92 mph fastball or field a ground ball could it?

It sounds like the sub state win over Greenfield, 1-0, was the team that played yall the best..out of the state tourney teams...was it, Riverside fans?

Congrats on winning it all, again, this year...that's quite an accomplishment. I just wish the sub state game would've happened in the championship game of the state tourney...with Greenfield coming out on top, of course! :)

Potts was the best ptcher we faced, beyond that I think we saw where Greenfield stood earlier in the year! I for one think summertown was the second best in the Boro.

Edited by Pantherfan66

Potts was the best ptcher we faced, beyond that I think we saw where Greenfield stood earlier in the year! I for one think summertown was the second best in the Boro.

Earlier in the year, yall were facing our 3rd or 4th place pitcher....and it was our first game...yall's second or third...we werent ready to play, yet....and our 3rd or 4th place pitcher didnt have his curve ball going against yall then....you saw the real Greenfield team in the Sub State game...

Earlier in the year, yall were facing our 3rd or 4th place pitcher....and it was our first game...yall's second or third...we werent ready to play, yet....and our 3rd or 4th place pitcher didnt have his curve ball going against yall then....you saw the real Greenfield team in the Sub State game...

Excuses always sound good but we have 4 pitchers who are undefeated, Gant and Bivens are the 2 that lost a game. With Potts Greenfield is tough, without him, we score a lot!

Excuses always sound good but we have 4 pitchers who are undefeated, Gant and Bivens are the 2 that lost a game. With Potts Greenfield is tough, without him, we score a lot!

Yall never saw our second pitcher...Heath Crouse...a Jr. He's a very good pitcher...has an ERA of 1.72 or something like that...I doubt very seriously if yall would've scored a lot of runs against him. But, our coach treats non-district games as practice during the season...that's just the way he coaches...so, he pitched our 3rd or 4th best pitcher against yall that day...and yea, yall hit him...

Yall never saw our second pitcher...Heath Crouse...a Jr. He's a very good pitcher...has an ERA of 1.72 or something like that...I doubt very seriously if yall would've scored a lot of runs against him. But, our coach treats non-district games as practice during the season...that's just the way he coaches...so, he pitched our 3rd or 4th best pitcher against yall that day...and yea, yall hit him...

A lot of people doubted our boys all year, 37 out of 39 were disappointed, including Greenfield twice. Go ahead and doubt all you want...We scored 51 runs in 4 state tournament games, I doubt your 2nd,and 3rd pitchers are any better than the ones we faced in the Boro. If he is, why didn't you beat a week Union city team?

Edited by Pantherfan66