Single A State Tornament

CommanderMan

At this stage of the game no one is gonna give up. I am positive that Summertown/Friendship will be a great game. Neither of these teams will go down without a fight. Just as Riverside/South Pittsburg will be a great game. It will be interesting to see the out come of this week of baseball. Remember no matter your record, no matter if people think your teams shouldn't be here, you play one game at a time and you leave it all on the field each play!!! Best of luck to ALL the teams that got here, play your hearts out!!!

Oops...are Riverside and South Pitt going to play in the losers bracket. Is that what you meant? Because SP found out how good Single A baseball is in the Mid-state tonight.

Come on RLH. I am from Friendship and I am not too unfriendly. For anyone that thinks South Pitt is not up to task then they might be in for a surprise. I have had the opportunity to see the Pirates play twice this season and walked away impressed on both occasions. I do believe that if they meet Riverside in the second game then it could be a good one. Get ready for Gant because he will probably be shelved the first game. Since I am the first Friendship fan to post on this thread, allow me to say our hands are full with Summertown and we are not too concerned one way or the other about the lower bracket.

Well, it looks like we got shelled. the unFriendly part is a "tungue-in-cheek" reference to comments the FCS football coach made about our school and students in 2007 playoffs during some press interviews before the game. :thumb:

I am guessing we shelved our #1 pitcher this game as well.

Now if only GCA would get players from there OWN school and not from other schools around the area.....

Every player we have is from "another" school. We are a private school that has to rely on parents to send their children to GCA. Your comments are really old.

We got killed tonight. South Pitt and GCA next. Good luck RAMS!!!

RAMPRIDE!!!

I should clarify my previous statement that "every" player we have is from another school. We are getting to the point where several of our players are GCA "lifer's" (attended GCA since Kindergarten). And we're proud that our players have been with us since they were 5 years old!

Only GCA's good players are transfers. This year they're top three pitchers are all transfers. They just happen to be there 3-4-5 hitters also. They'll see they weren't good enough this year and really hit the recruiting trail starting Thursday.

TSSAA needs to give them the death penalty.

For wednesday: Friendship eliminates Unaka and south pitt eliminates Grace. Summertown beats TCA and Eagleville beats Riverside. TCA eliminates Friendship and Riverside South Pitt. That leaves us with riverside to beat eagleville twice on thursday and tca having to beat summertwon twice. Just my thoughts.

For wednesday: Friendship eliminates Unaka and south pitt eliminates Grace. Summertown beats TCA and Eagleville beats Riverside. TCA eliminates Friendship and Riverside South Pitt. That leaves us with riverside to beat eagleville twice on thursday and tca having to beat summertwon twice. Just my thoughts.

LOL!

Is the championship round double elimination also? If not you will probably have Sumertown unscathed vs Riverside unscathed for all the marbles. I have been expecting this match-up for quite a while. Summertown may not win it all over DCR, but in my opinion, they are the best two teams in the state in class A. Best of luck to the Eagles!!!!!!!!

Summertown beat Trinity Christian earlier today, 7-4. Way to go, SHS Eagles!!!!

This evening, Friendship Christian beat Trinity, sending them back home, and setting up a repeat matchup with Summertown tomorrow. The good news for Summertown is they only have to beat Friendship Christian once more to move on to the championship game. The bad news for Friendship? They will have to beat Summertown twice to move on to the championship game.

LET'S GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flower::D:thumb::flower: