Single A State Tornament

CommanderMan

Congratulations to the Summertown Eagles on a great season, and to the seniors on a great high school baseball career! Sucks that it had to end this way, today, guys, but you've had an awesome season! Don't let today define your memories of your high school baseball careers; you're all great guys and will go on to do many great things......

Congrats from Waynesboro. I hoped that you all would pull it out. Great group of kids and parents as well. You all will be missed (seniors & parents). I have enjoyed the last 10 years.

Go Riverside! Public School beat down on the Private Rich Boys. TSSAA needs to something about the artificial noise makers. They are not allowed in Basketball or Football.

I thought your fans had class before I saw this post. Riverside was just the better team today. Errors and walks can't win a championship. Congratulations to the players and coaches. Friendship worked hard to get here and surprised a lot of people. I'm proud of all the guys I played with this year. Good luck next year guys I'll be cheering for you!

Go Riverside! Public School beat down on the Private Rich Boys. TSSAA needs to something about the artificial noise makers. They are not allowed in Basketball or Football.

Really...your complaint is the NOISE at the ballgame??? The TSSAA SOLD artifical noise makers at the door of the Finals. Humm, I guess your team just was not wise enough to bring your own. Not one time did the Friendship fans make noise during the "live play", only between pitches, great plays & hits and in between innings. As far as everyone being rich...they're not, just hard working people that want a good atmosphere for their kids. The Commanders baseball team worked their butts off and got further than most expected. Hats off to ALL the Commanders, be proud of all you accomplished!!!!! Congrats to the Panthers they played well and capitalized on the FC errors. I am certain these two teams will meet again!!!

Edited by linedrive1

Do not go down the low road. FC is a class school. A lot of the kids are not from wealthy families. Their parents struggles to provide them the educational opportunities that FC provides.

Overall I thought the Eagleville, Riverside, South Pitt and Knox Grace folks were well mannered and friendly. We played Summertown earlier in the year and their fans were respectful as well. Wasn't around any of the other teams in the tournament.

The only other comment I have (and I'm not sure if any of the Riverside folks were at the early game with South Pitt and Knox Grace) but the play in the 7th inning when the Riverside player took out the Eagleville 2nd baseman and was not called out for interference was the exact same play that the same crew called the runner out for in the early game, the ump knew he blew it too because I spoke to our coach and he said he shoulda tossed him (coach) but didn't because he knew he blew the call. Now that being said Eagleville may have still lost the game 3-2 (never know how the players would have responded only down 1 in the bottom of the 7th) but it would've ended the inning and the other runs would've never happened. The game was much closer than the final score and I believe the Riverside fans would admit that, in fact it was likely the best competition they faced in the tournament. Congrats to the Riverside boys and the other teams as well.

Also a big congratulations to the Eagleville boys. :thumb: They will have 13 seniors returning next year and if they play to their potential I believe we may meet some of you boys again this time next year. Now on to summer ball. Have a great one!