Rhea County Coaching Search

having played my football at Rhea County I understand the passion of players and fans. When I moved to Blount County after graduation back in the day I wrote off Rhea County football. It was a long drive and the 90's was tough to stomach. I have tried to stay away, but seeing Fitz. step aside I decided to get back on coacht and see how everything shakes out. It is really sad to see most of the programs in despair, like it or not that is an admin. situation. This is my imput not that you asked, but from an individual who graduated from Rhea, played at Rhea, and have followed football my whole life. I would 100% back Jerry Cook and only Jerry from the list of candidates. (played for Ryan, not a fan) If you read between the lines most of the others, if hired will be gone in a matter of two to three years. (you can book that!) Rhea County like it or hate it is a special place, and it takes an individual who WANTS to be there to stay there and do what is best for the program and not for the resume. Rhea has put some really good coaches out over the years. Why again would the admin. not choose Coach Cook? Personally, I truly hope they give the job to the guy who bleeds Green and Gold and will do whatever it takes to get the program back. Having said that, I am sure the at the end of the day egos will win out, the new admin. will continue the pursuit to destory Rhea County as it was, and football in Rhea County will see the dark ages again. I hope only the best for the new coach and his staff, the players, the parents, and the fans. Until then I will enjoy watching Maryville and Alcoa pump out state champs from the cheap seats...

Well said.

Well everybody I need to say something and it pains me to say it but here I go. I knew this day was coming from a long time ago and well I will no longer be apart of the program or posting out here. I think it is best for me personally and I don't want to step on anybody elses toes. I'm sorry to those who I have offended, and I never meant for things to go down like they did. I have been told there are some people who are mad at me for sharing what I know in particular the events of yesterday. I apologize for whatever I did wrong and made you mad. Again it pains me since I have devoted thousands of hours, effort, money, and support to not only football at the high school but several other sports and other programs with in the school as a student and alumni. I wanted to thank all of the people out here who I have grown to know over the last few years I have been out here and through Rhea Co. athletics. I hope to still continue to support the guys on the football team and other sports. However, at this point I don't know if I will ever come back to another event. Again I'm sorry but this is the last time I will post.

Thank You Everybody

Rhea Co.

Evertime I read this it gets more disturbing! Disturbing is not really the word that I want to use. Rhea Co most of the other posters have covered all the bases but I personally want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you have done for our young men, coaches, and this program! You have spent COUNTLESS hours and been a huge part of this program in so many ways! You are without a doubt one of if not the most respected poster on Coach T period! ALWAYS know you have been highly respected and considered a close friend to all of us especially here in the BigBird house!

Administration. This is unbelievable and VERY disappointing.

Rhea Co I have never read anything on this board from you that was controversial or confrontational in nature that would cause anyone to be angry with you. You have only provided information on the team and the search for our new coach, which is what we want. Funny no one seemed offended when you gathered stats and opponent of the week information during the season. But when it comes down to sharing what's really going on behind the scenes during this "search" for a new coach, that's when people get offended and nervous.

You have displayed a love for Rhea County athletics. If someone's pissed because you "shared" what went on yesterday then it sounds like they're trying to hide something. Don't let someone take away something you clearly enjoy and take pride in and that's our high school sports programs. If you do that, they win.

Hope you rethink your decision and change your mind.

:thumb:

Well Mr. RheaCo,

It has surely been a pleasure reading all of your posts over the years. From you weekly scouting reports, to your practice coverage, stats, playoff scenarios, etc., it has truly been a good time. Thank you for all of the many, many hours you spent watching film, gathering information, and going to practices in support of our Golden Eagles. I still remember when you started taking stats for the baseball team while still in high school. From that you went on to football, where you did so much so the common fan could have an idea what was going on.

I'm glad to hear you've graduated from ETSU, and I hope your career takes off fast. Good luck in all you do. I'm sure I speak for the majority of fans (if not all), we hope that you will still love the Green and Gold and will one day rejoin us.

Thank you Mr. Meadows.

:thumb:

Rhea Co I have never read anything on this board from you that was controversial or confrontational in nature that would cause anyone to be angry with you. You have only provided information on the team and the search for our new coach, which is what we want. Funny no one seemed offended when you gathered stats and opponent of the week information during the season. But when it comes down to sharing what's really going on behind the scenes during this "search" for a new coach, that's when people get offended and nervous.

You have displayed a love for Rhea County athletics. If someone's pissed because you "shared" what went on yesterday then it sounds like they're trying to hide something. Don't let someone take away something you clearly enjoy and take pride in and that's our high school sports programs. If you do that, they win.

Hope you rethink your decision and change your mind.

Wrecking Crew brought up a great point. Why is the local choke-and-puke owner a part of the coach hiring process? I have never seen school board members participate in the hiring process of any coach.

And Eaglefan, "they" have been hiding all sorts of things. This entire thread is chocked full of them. This appears to be the accepted behavior here.

having played my football at Rhea County I understand the passion of players and fans. When I moved to Blount County after graduation back in the day I wrote off Rhea County football. It was a long drive and the 90's was tough to stomach. I have tried to stay away, but seeing Fitz. step aside I decided to get back on coacht and see how everything shakes out. It is really sad to see most of the programs in despair, like it or not that is an admin. situation. This is my imput not that you asked, but from an individual who graduated from Rhea, played at Rhea, and have followed football my whole life. I would 100% back Jerry Cook and only Jerry from the list of candidates. (played for Ryan, not a fan) If you read between the lines most of the others, if hired will be gone in a matter of two to three years. (you can book that!) Rhea County like it or hate it is a special place, and it takes an individual who WANTS to be there to stay there and do what is best for the program and not for the resume. Rhea has put some really good coaches out over the years. Why again would the admin. not choose Coach Cook? Personally, I truly hope they give the job to the guy who bleeds Green and Gold and will do whatever it takes to get the program back. Having said that, I am sure the at the end of the day egos will win out, the new admin. will continue the pursuit to destory Rhea County as it was, and football in Rhea County will see the dark ages again. I hope only the best for the new coach and his staff, the players, the parents, and the fans. Until then I will enjoy watching Maryville and Alcoa pump out state champs from the cheap seats...

This is what the majority wants to see happen. So I will bet yes, that they will most likely go the opposite. It's not what the county wants it's what they want. Covering something up here or they wouldn't be so upset with Rhea Co and what he has shared with us. I myself cannot wait until Friday. Just real curious on how this pans out now.

Well everybody I need to say something and it pains me to say it but here I go. I knew this day was coming from a long time ago and well I will no longer be apart of the program or posting out here. I think it is best for me personally and I don't want to step on anybody elses toes. I'm sorry to those who I have offended, and I never meant for things to go down like they did. I have been told there are some people who are mad at me for sharing what I know in particular the events of yesterday. I apologize for whatever I did wrong and made you mad. Again it pains me since I have devoted thousands of hours, effort, money, and support to not only football at the high school but several other sports and other programs with in the school as a student and alumni. I wanted to thank all of the people out here who I have grown to know over the last few years I have been out here and through Rhea Co. athletics. I hope to still continue to support the guys on the football team and other sports. However, at this point I don't know if I will ever come back to another event. Again I'm sorry but this is the last time I will post.

Thank You Everybody

Rhea Co.

The end of an era.

This is what the majority wants to see happen. So I will bet yes, that they will most likely go the opposite. It's not what the county wants it's what they want. Covering something up here or they wouldn't be so upset with Rhea Co and what he has shared with us. I myself cannot wait until Friday. Just real curious on how this pans out now.

It's about who is the most qualified. Being a good man, loving Rhea County, and being a hard worker doesn't make you qualified to be the head coach.

If Cook had grown up anywhere but here, you people would be up in arms about a man who has never even been a coordinator on the high school level being chosen as our head coach. I hope they don't choose Cook just so I can watch the idiots on this board meltdown.

Glen Ryan 2-1 Former Soddy Coach

Danny Adams 4-1 Retired from State of Alabama

Jeremy Boskin 6-1 WR Coach Science Hill Former Marine

Doug Greene 10-1 Played at Cleveland Coached at many diff schools

Jerry Cook 20-1 Former Player

Who do you think?

Edited by eaglelegend

Hello,

I just registered to put this out here. I am a very good friend of Rhea Co. and he would first like to pass along thanks to everyone out here for the kind words and he really appreciates it all. From talking to him today he has talked to Ruehling about their meeting yesterday and they are trying to smooth things over. He thinks both sides are cooling off. He is for now just going to let things settle down and let them hire a new coach and see where to go from there. Even though he didn't say it directly but I think he will be back. I mean he has spent the last 8 years out here and 5 years with the football team, I think it will be impossible for him to stay away. The team is like family to him. Here is to hopeing he comes back soon, and him working things out with the administration and coming back to the team.

Hello,

I just registered to put this out here. I am a very good friend of Rhea Co. and he would first like to pass along thanks to everyone out here for the kind words and he really appreciates it all. From talking to him today he has talked to Ruehling about their meeting yesterday and they are trying to smooth things over. He thinks both sides are cooling off. He is for now just going to let things settle down and let them hire a new coach and see where to go from there. Even though he didn't say it directly but I think he will be back. I mean he has spent the last 8 years out here and 5 years with the football team, I think it will be impossible for him to stay away. The team is like family to him. Here is to hopeing he comes back soon, and him working things out with the administration and coming back to the team.

You are talking about the same people that fired Moo. They have absolutly no consideration for loyalty unless it is to them.

This is what happens when you have 3 people (DOS, Principal and Asst. Principal) doing a job that is atleast one step ahead of the job they are qualified for.