Rhea County Coaching Search

Jerry Cook is a good christian man with integrity, drive, determination, and character. He lives football and has an investment in these kids since he's coached a good portion of them from Middle School. Why could we not choose someone who truly cares about this county and these kids? Rhea County did a bad job today in not choosing him to be head coach. Sad loss for us and a gain for Hamilton. I wish him much success there.

Jerry Cook is a good christian man with integrity, drive, determination, and character. He lives football and has an investment in these kids since he's coached a good portion of them from Middle School. Why could we not choose someone who truly cares about this county and these kids? Rhea County did a bad job today in not choosing him to be head coach. Sad loss for us and a gain for Hamilton. I wish him much success there.

Jerry Cook is a good man heard alot of good things about him during all this. There is one thing and one thing only that cost Jerry the job. That is experience at the high school level. This job will be open again in a few years. My advice would for Jerry to hold his head up and listen to any offers from the new coach.

I don't see Cook entertaining any offers from Coach Adams IF he were to give them. While I am bummed that he's not the new HC at RCHS, I'm happy that he has a good job at Central. There he'll gain experience and maybe a shot at the HC job there; everyone knows their HC won't stay long. He never stays long anywhere he goes.

That being said, I'm behind Coach Adams. I hope he gets this group back on track starting Monday. It will be interesting to see who the rest of his staff is.

On another note, congrats to the new boys/girls soccer coach in Justin Smith. Also, congrats to Caldwell, as from what I hear he has been hired at Lookout Valley.

I for one, am glad the wait is over. Looks like Coach Adams has a pretty good resume, I look forward to seeing what he can do with the Eagles. Looks like the admin were looking for HC experience and he fits the bill nicely with 25 yrs. Really high winning percentage at 78% and consistent from year to year. I haven't seen or heard anything negative about him.

I don't see Cook entertaining any offers from Coach Adams IF he were to give them. While I am bummed that he's not the new HC at RCHS, I'm happy that he has a good job at Central. There he'll gain experience and maybe a shot at the HC job there; everyone knows their HC won't stay long. He never stays long anywhere he goes.

That being said, I'm behind Coach Adams. I hope he gets this group back on track starting Monday. It will be interesting to see who the rest of his staff is.

On another note, congrats to the new boys/girls soccer coach in Justin Smith. Also, congrats to Caldwell, as from what I hear he has been hired at Lookout Valley.

Well I will have to disagree. I think Cook should entertain any offers from the new coach. Rhea County is where he wants to be and where alot of parents and players want him to be.

Well I will have to disagree. I think Cook should entertain any offers from the new coach. Rhea County is where he wants to be and where alot of parents and players want him to be.

I agree with Eagle4, I would think he would want to be in a coordinator postion if offered and put himself in a position to take over as head coach when Adams is done. Financially, it's probably not his best option, but if his long term plan is to coach at RCHS, then put himself in that position.

Edited by SFW

So Jerry should take a cut in pay to make a lateral move?

It depends on how bad he wants to be in Rhea Co., I'm not suggesting he take a pay cut (he has to do what's best for him and his family first), only saying that if being a head coach at RCHS is his ultimate goal, and he can financially accept it, then I wouldn't turn down an offer at a coordinator position if it was offered. He would be gaining experience toward becoming a head coach and be at home where I assume he wants to be.

Well that was not the news most of us wanted to hear today. Jerry Cook, you were my pick. I have watched you over the years and I think you have what it takes to coach anywhere you want to coach. The former coaching staff never gave you the opportunity to show what great things you have in bag of tricks. God has big plans for you! Hold your head high and those of us who are your supporters will be there for you, no matter what color you are wearing on Friday nights!

It depends on how bad he wants to be in Rhea Co., I'm not suggesting he take a pay cut (he has to do what's best for him and his family first), only saying that if being a head coach at RCHS is his ultimate goal, and he can financially accept it, then I wouldn't turn down an offer at a coordinator position if it was offered. He would be gaining experience toward becoming a head coach and be at home where I assume he wants to be.

Good post.