4AAA in 2011-12

QSouth89

West without any doubts is the favorite, The trio of Walker, Mitchell and Brooks will be tough. I still feel replacine Tookie will be hard but West has some talent and Walker will need to step up and give the leadership that Tookie gave that team. Mitchell is as hard a worker in the paint and Brooks will be the best post in town. The only 4AAA teams I've seen play this summer were Catholic, LC, Farragut and Heritage. But traditionally Maryville and Bearden are always good. It should be an exciting year in the district this season.

Brooks is good, but I'll take Bearden's Standifer over him in the post.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

With Basketball season under way how do 4AAA fans see the up coming season? Can we keep it positive please? After seeing the Rocky Top league, I still believe West is the team to beat. Their starting 5 should be really good. I'm not sure how much depth they have. Other then Maryville and Lenoir City, I don't think any of the teams in this district are really deep.

My predicted order of finish:

1) West

2) Bearden

3) Farragut

4) Lenoir City

5) Maryville

6) Catholic

7) Heritage

8) William Blount

Just my opinion.....West should be good but outside shooting is a question mark, Bearden is a solid # 2, 3 thru 6 could go any number of ways, Heritage and WB will battle it out for 7 and 8. I think the district will be down overall. I don't see any powerhouse teams like there have been the last 5 or 6 years that have been capable of playing with anybody in the state.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering what people were thinking about next season in 4AAA, I know it's early and summer activites will be starting in the next week or 2, but I was just stirring the pot. Every team has holes to fill. I'm picking West to win it with Brooks, Mitchell, and Walker back. Bearden is always good no matter who they lose, Catholic returns their leading scorer and KIL sophomore of the year Kyle Anders, Farragut has (in my opinion) the best scorer in the league in Blake Williams, LC has Jordan Hall and I'm told Terrance Hall (former Catholic/HVA player) has transfered there, Maryville has almost everyone back so they should challenge West for district supremacy. Any thoughts or opinion? (Hopefully we can keep it clean) By the way my early season predictions are as followed (could change based on summer):

1. West

2. Maryville

3. Bearden

4. Farragut

5. Catholic (my darkhorse selection)

6. LC

7. Heritage

8. William Blount

Lc is looking really good this year with amazing standouts Camion Patrick, Terrance Hall, and Jordan Hall..they are looking really good in the playoffs.cant wait to see what they do during basketball season..state champs?

Bearden will be deep, relatively speaking. They added a couple of Florida transfers; one is a solid post. I agree, West will once again be the team to beat with Bearden a close second. Farragut, LC, and Maryville will be fighting for third place.

I did not know about the Florida transfers. If the chemistry is good then Bearden shouldn't miss a beat.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

1. Maryville

2. West

3. Bearden

4. Farragut

5.LC

6. catholic

7. william blount

8. heritage

1. West

2. Bearden

3. Maryville

4. Lenoir City

5. Farragut

6. Catholic

7/8 WB/Heritage (coin toss)

West controls it's destiny down the stretch. West has big game Friday at Bearden that should settle up 1 and 2 in the district.